Islamic State claims it executed American photojournalist James Foley

Ace Nova

Savages! it sickens me that there are so many horrible people in the world.

If there is a God, he must be just haunted by man has become.

I think since in the past according to the bible when man got out of control, God made floods or locusts or turned people to stone.

I think man is about due for something bigger that maybe will make him realize all the horror he is doing in the world.

Well considering that all their precious holy books pretty much endorse this kinda behaviour I don't think god will be all that upset to be honest.
  • Like 1

I think since in the past according to the bible when man got out of control, God made floods or locusts or turned people to stone.

I think man is about due for something bigger that maybe will make him realize all the horror he is doing in the world.

Well considering that all their precious holy books pretty much endorse this kinda behaviour I don't think god will be all that upset to be honest.

The New Testament surely does not.

White people have been killed, guess we're going to see efforts stepped up a notch or two.

Since ISIS in Iraq is an unintended consequence of our invading Iraq in the first place (or second place), and now this journalist getting his head taken off is an unintended consequence of our meddling where we don't belong once again, how about we start becoming conscious of the horrors that always follow our oh so noble attempts to spread democracy or whatever else with the tips of missiles.

Weren't you guys among the people that criticized me for stating that Palestinian blood was on the hands of Hamas a few weeks ago?

Strange....aren't you doing/basically saying the same thing now?

As I said in that thread, no one here has expressed support for Hamas, but Israel doesn't get to destroy an entire community just because Hamas are dicks. Well, I guess they do.

White people have been killed, guess we're going to see efforts stepped up a notch or two.

Since ISIS in Iraq is an unintended consequence of our invading Iraq in the first place (or second place), and now this journalist getting his head taken off is an unintended consequence of our meddling where we don't belong once again, how about we start becoming conscious of the horrors that always follow our oh so noble attempts to spread democracy or whatever else with the tips of missiles.

Weren't you guys among the people that criticized me for stating that Palestinian blood was on the hands of Hamas a few weeks ago?

As I said in that thread, no one here has expressed support for Hamas, but Israel doesn't get to destroy an entire community just because Hamas are dicks. Well, I guess they do.

I'm talking about the logic. You said that if the U.S. wouldn't of invaded Iraq, this wouldn't of happened.....just like I said, if Hamas wouldn't of shot missiles at Israel, Palestinians wouldn't be getting killed.

Same logic, no?

I'm talking about the logic. You said that if the U.S. wouldn't of invaded Iraq, this wouldn't of happened.....just like I said, if Hamas wouldn't of shot missiles at Israel, Palestinians wouldn't be getting killed.

Same logic, no?

Sure. But that doesn't make ISIS or Israel's assault on Gaza any less horrific.

Old Testament/New Testament. It's the same god though isn't it?
  • Like 1

Sure. But that doesn't make ISIS or Israel's assault on Gaza any less horrific.

I don't necessarily disagree....I just thought it was interesting to see how two (somewhat) opposing sides can use the same logic to justify (or not to justify) certain actions.

You're just mad gluttony's a deadly sin.

• Like 1

Yes....but there is a New Covenant. Just like an amendment to the Constitution, per say. Old laws vs. new laws.

Let's just say I wouldn't trust a convicted nonce to babysit my kids no matter how much he says he's changed if you get my meaning?

So the Old Testament is irrelevant?

Absolutely not.

Let's just say I wouldn't trust a convicted nonce to babysit my kids no matter how much he says he's changed if you get my meaning?

God is God. It's mankind that has evolved...therefore God adapted to the evolution of Man.

Is that like the "New Deal"

the new boss is the same as the old boss

God is God. It's mankind that has evolved...therefore God adapted to the evolution of Man.

oh, you mean that old cunt in the sky?

No idea who you speak of.

No one seems to agree on who or what this God fellow/thing is. Some think hes a gold calf, some a bearded old codger in the sky some define it as mother nature some just give it a name and delcare my god has a bigger willie than your god. Any way its all a bit confusing.

I guess it would be for someone in your situation.

Just parts of it? How about the part that says you should kill someone if you see him/her working on a Sunday?

Breaking the Sabbath? Please quote the original text so that I may enlighten you.

12 And the Lord said to Moses, 13 “You are to speak to the people of Israel and say, ‘Above all you shall keep my Sabbaths, for this is a sign between me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I, the Lord, sanctify you. 14 You shall keep the Sabbath, because it is holy for you. Everyone who profanes it shall be put to death. Whoever does any work on it, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. 15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.

Exodus 31:12-15

God adapted to the evolution of Man.

In the zohar adam turfed god out of the garden of eden. :lol:

oh, you mean that old cunt in the sky?

No idea who you speak of.

No one seems to agree on who or what this God fellow/thing is. Some think hes a gold calf, some a bearded old codger in the sky some define it as mother nature some just give it a name and delcare my god has a bigger willie than your god. Any way its all a bit confusing.

I guess it would be for someone in your situation.

so for us simple folk, can you clarify who/what is this god you speak of?

God. The only God there is. Similar concepts to God of Israel....but the Father, the Son...and the Holy Spirit is the closest to the truth.

Just parts of it? How about the part that says you should kill someone if you see him/her working on a Sunday?

Breaking the Sabbath? Please quote the original text so that I may enlighten you.

12 And the Lord said to Moses, 13 “You are to speak to the people of Israel and say, ‘Above all you shall keep my Sabbaths, for this is a sign between me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I, the Lord, sanctify you. 14 You shall keep the Sabbath, because it is holy for you. Everyone who profanes it shall be put to death. Whoever does any work on it, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. 15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.

Hmmm....so you are confusing someone profaning the Sabbath vs. someone just working on it. I see.

Profaning the Sabbath would be the equivalent of treason....while simply working on it would be considered a sin. Big difference between being put to death and being cast out, no?

12 And the Lord said to Moses, 13 You are to speak to the people of Israel and say, Above all you shall keep my Sabbaths, for this is a sign between me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I, the Lord, sanctify you. 14 You shall keep the Sabbath, because it is holy for you. Everyone who profanes it shall be put to death. Whoever does any work on it, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. 15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.

Hmmm....so you are confusing someone profaning the Sabbath vs. someone just working on it. I see.

Profaning the Sabbath would be the equivalent of treason....while simply working on it would be considered a sin. Big difference between being put to death and being cast out, no?

You could take a big steaming shit on the sabbath for all I care and it wouldn't be a capital crime. :lol:

Look at the last sentence there. Does that not say "work"?