Islamic State claims it executed American photojournalist James Foley

Ace Nova

Just parts of it? How about the part that says you should kill someone if you see him/her working on a Sunday?

Breaking the Sabbath? Please quote the original text so that I may enlighten you.

12 And the Lord said to Moses, 13 You are to speak to the people of Israel and say, Above all you shall keep my Sabbaths, for this is a sign between me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I, the Lord, sanctify you. 14 You shall keep the Sabbath, because it is holy for you. Everyone who profanes it shall be put to death. Whoever does any work on it, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. 15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.

Exodus 31:12-15

Hmmm....so you are confusing someone profaning the Sabbath vs. someone just working on it. I see.

Profaning the Sabbath would be the equivalent of treason....while simply working on it would be considered a sin. Big difference between being put to death and being cast out, no?

You could take a big steaming shit on the sabbath for all I care and it wouldn't be a capital crime. :lol:

I have taken many "dumps" on the Sabbath....heck, I would hope most people would. Constipation sucks.

Just parts of it? How about the part that says you should kill someone if you see him/her working on a Sunday?

Breaking the Sabbath? Please quote the original text so that I may enlighten you.

12 And the Lord said to Moses, 13 “You are to speak to the people of Israel and say, ‘Above all you shall keep my Sabbaths, for this is a sign between me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I, the Lord, sanctify you. 14 You shall keep the Sabbath, because it is holy for you. Everyone who profanes it shall be put to death. Whoever does any work on it, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. 15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.

Exodus 31:12-15

Hmmm....so you are confusing someone profaning the Sabbath vs. someone just working on it. I see.

Profaning the Sabbath would be the equivalent of treason....while simply working on it would be considered a sin. Big difference between being put to death and being cast out, no?

Look at the last sentence there. Does that not say "work"?

It does.

It's about respecting the Sabbath. That law was given so that mankind could get a day off.

I think we can all Christians and Muslims can agree that the Jews are wrong.

Seriously bro....what is wrong with you? I know a lot of what you say is in jest but you really come across as being anti-Semitic at times....joking or not.

God reveals himself to different groups of people, at various times, in many forms. God is God.

Seriously bro....what is wrong with you? I know a lot of what you say is in jest but you really come across as being anti-Semitic at times....joking or not.

God reveals himself to different groups of people, at various times, in many forms. God is God.

Then you are clearly over-thinking everything I say. I am not anti-semitic. I have a lot of respect for Jews. Just not Zionists. I agree to a two-state solution.

I am classified agnostic or do not want to think about what will happen to me after I die.

Damn they cut it out right at the best part. These guys are like a Hollywood trailer just leave you wanting more.

Seriously, we need to get the women and children out of there go and drop a fucking bomb on their ass and clear the mother fuckers out of there

Edited by Jabberwocky

Then you are clearly over-thinking everything I say. I am not anti-semitic. I have a lot of respect for Jews. Just not Zionists. I agree to a two-state solution.

I am classified agnostic or do not want to think about what will happen to me after I die.

Fair enough, Georgy. If it was anyone else in this forum, I would start debating....but since I respect you and I actually tend to agree with a lot of what you say....we'll leave it at that. ;)

Damn they cut it out right at the best part. These guys are like a Hollywood trailer just leave you wanting more.

Seriously, we need to get the women and children out of there go and drop a fucking bomb on their ass and clear the mother fuckers out of there

No need for mass destruction. If there's one thing the Democrats do right, it's their use of special forces, intelligence and smart weapon technology. They got Bin Laden.....rest assured, it's only a matter of time before these scumbags pay for their sins....and the best part is, they will never see it coming. ;)

I just live in the real world. The UN has made their beds with Israel, but they have to enforce their international laws. Israel has been illegally settling into lands that were supposed to be Palestinian. If Israel is created by the UN then they must abide to their laws.

Hamas is just as bad. Launching weak ass rockets is not going to get them any closer to their goals, the only solution is a two state. Let the people live in their respective countries.

ISIS, is that terrorist state worse nightmare the US has been making up since 2001. So demented that Al Qaida distance themselves from them. This time they must be fought the right way. With little ground troops, maybe special forces, along with local governments that we need to support. And of course airstrikes. Or they will keep being a cancer.

You do realize that there are many variants of Zionism, and that not all Zionists oppose a two-state solution. Many in Israel are secular zionists who identify with Western ideals (democracy, welfare state, civil rights), a far more nationalist ideology than the religious tangent most often heard in the news.

White people have been killed, guess we're going to see efforts stepped up a notch or two.

Perhaps, you didn't hear that we have been engaged in operations against these brutal murderers for a couple of weeks, now.

http://www.latimes.com/world/middleeast/la-fg-iraq-20140819-story.html

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/08/obama-authorises-iraq-air-strikes-against-isis

I didn't say " we're going to see efforts started" did I?

Also, KK I was merely commenting on the fact that the West seems to pick and choose which innocents getting murdered need "saved" based on the political ease of doing so. For example, the 02-03 Iraq war, once the WMD smokescreen fell down the big defence of military effort in Iraq was the establishment of a democracy. If the West was seriously interested in establishing democracy in all currently totalitarian regimes then why didn't it go after Saudi or North Korea? Oh aye, cause China have NK's backs and Saudi sell us oil, we only stand on principles as a pretense when it is politically convenient to do so.

You do realize that there are many variants of Zionism, and that not all Zionists oppose a two-state solution. Many in Israel are secular zionists who identify with Western ideals (democracy, welfare state, civil rights), a far more nationalist ideology than the religious tangent most often heard in the news.

That's good.

I just live in the real world. The UN has made their beds with Israel, but they have to enforce their international laws. Israel has been illegally settling into lands that were supposed to be Palestinian. If Israel is created by the UN then they must abide to their laws.

Hamas is just as bad. Launching weak ass rockets is not going to get them any closer to their goals, the only solution is a two state. Let the people live in their respective countries.

ISIS, is that terrorist state worse nightmare the US has been making up since 2001. So demented that Al Qaida distance themselves from them. This time they must be fought the right way. With little ground troops, maybe special forces, along with local governments that we need to support. And of course airstrikes. Or they will keep being a cancer.

The problem with Palestine and Israel is Hamas. Kill the head and the body will follow. I assure you, once Hamas is done, things will rapidly get much better.

ISIS and the rest of those idiots only gained life because of the current administration's anti-war policy....and the fact that they pride themselves in the dissolution of the Iraq War.

But now.... they... (ISIS, etc) have literally awakened a sleeping giant....and they will pay dearly for their actions.....guaranteed.

From Reuters

"Islamic State’s captured an enormous amount of U.S. weaponry, originally intended for the rebuilt Iraqi Army. You know — the one that collapsed in terror in front of the Islamic State, back when they were just ISIL? The ones who dropped their uniforms, and rifles and ran away?

That is a simplistic view of a complex situation. i find it hard that Reuters would write such rubbish???

But anyway, the "rebuilt Iraqi Army" didn't collapse so much as join ranks with these thugs. As ISIS advanced through Sunni territory, protected by Sunni troops- which share an ideological religious philosophy- the Sunni elements merely blended in with their ideological compatriots.

Most of those that follow these things agreed that when these thugs got into Shia territory, their advance would be halted and reversed. Hell, look what a few sorties did to them in Kurdistan when confronted by a disciplined force of trained fighters-- they suffered heavy losses that continue to this day.

Their day is numbered.

We need to address the problem of these radical Wahhabis at the source- Saudi Arabia!

You focused on one comment at the expense of the entire piece, therefore missing the entire point. You win the internet today sir.

What? So, you think that the point of the Reuters piece was that these thugs captured some equipment and not the disintegration of the Iraqi forces? I don't think so, but thanks for the internet, anyway. BTW, the destruction of that armament is a simple process when you have air supremacy.

White people have been killed, guess we're going to see efforts stepped up a notch or two.

Perhaps, you didn't hear that we have been engaged in operations against these brutal murderers for a couple of weeks, now.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/08/obama-authorises-iraq-air-strikes-against-isis

Also, KK I was merely commenting on the fact that the West seems to pick and choose which innocents getting murdered need "saved" based on the political ease of doing so. For example, the 02-03 Iraq war, once the WMD smokescreen fell down the big defence of military effort in Iraq was the establishment of a democracy. If the West was seriously interested in establishing democracy in all currently totalitarian regimes then why didn't it go after Saudi or North Korea? Oh aye, cause China have NK's backs and Saudi sell us oil, we only stand on principles as a pretense when it is politically convenient to do so.

There's some truth to what you say but not for the reasons you state.

The Iraq war was and is a complete embarrassment to this nation. So please, just stop with the mistakes of the past....the current administration, along the vast majority of the population of the U.S., despise anything involving the Iraq War. ;) (BTW, last I checked, Scotland was still a part of the UK, and the UK was in agreement with the Iraq War..... ;)) So as much as you hate it, so do most of us.

Saudi Arabia is only a dictatorship by name. I have the pleasure of meeting Saudi's almost everyday.....they are alive and doing fine. Sure, they may be a little "conservative" in some aspects, but I assure you....there is little suffering in Saudi Arabia.

North Korea is simple. A war with North Korea means a possible war with China and even Russia.

So, would you be the one to start WWIII?

Edited by Kasanova King

No need for mass destruction. If there's one thing the Democrats do right, it's their use of special forces, intelligence and smart weapon technology. They got Bin Laden.....rest assured, it's only a matter of time before these scumbags pay for their sins....and the best part is, they will never see it coming. ;)

Yep, I'd wager that SIS/CIA already has an ideal who this asshole is that killed Foley.

The problem with Palestine and Israel is Hamas. Kill the head and the body will follow. I assure you, once Hamas is done, things will rapidly get much better.

Ahh, no.

The plight of the Palestinians isn't going to stop simply because Hamas plays by a different set of rules. The support Hamas has by many living in Palestine is directly tied to the hardline oppression handed down by hardline conservative Israelis. Even if it were somehow possible to dismantle Hamas (how do you dismantle a group that has garnered widespread support in elections?), the frustration, resistance, and anger many living in the West Bank and Gaza would still exist. Hamas is simply a fanatical expression of those emotions.

You're analysis seems to argue that it's the tale wagging the dog, that Hamas is somehow provoking further acrimony within the Palestinian territories, when really, it's the other way around.

Saudi Arabia is only a dictatorship by name. I have the pleasure of meeting Saudi's almost everyday.....they are alive and doing fine. Sure, they may be a little "conservative" in some aspects, but I assure you....there is little suffering in Saudi Arabia.

Unless, of course, you're a woman, or a Shia, or temporary worker... Seriously KK? WTF? Dictatorship in name only? Remind me again, when was the last time King Abdulla up for election?

Dictatorship has nothing to do with the material well being of its citizens.

Ahh, no.

The plight of the Palestinians isn't going to stop simply because Hamas plays by a different set of rules. The support Hamas has by many living in Palestine is directly tied to the hardline oppression handed down by hardline conservative Israelis. Even if it were somehow possible to dismantle Hamas (how do you dismantle a group that has garnered widespread support in elections?), the frustration, resistance, and anger many living in the West Bank and Gaza would still exist. Hamas is simply a fanatical expression of those emotions.

You're analysis seems to argue that it's the tale wagging the dog, that Hamas is somehow provoking further acrimony within the Palestinian territories, when really, it's the other way around.

I respectfully disagree. I think the Palestinian people have been oppressed long enough that they are willing to follow whoever promises them freedom and/or peace/ In this case, it's Hamas. (Deceivingly so).

Yasser Arafat was the closest to peace for everyone involved in the past 50+ years. They need another Yasser Arafat.

Ahh, no.

Unless, of course, you're a woman, or a Shia, or temporary worker... Seriously KK? WTF? Dictatorship in name only? Remind me again, when was the last time King Abdulla up for election?

Dictatorship has nothing to do with the material well being of its citizens.

Good point there. I mean despite the material wealth of many of these nations you couldn't pay me enough to live there. What use is all the money in the world if you can get bits chopped off you for simply getting leathered and waving your arse at the locals? I wouldn't last five minutes which is a shame cuz in my line of work I could earn a fucking fortune in Saudi.

Ahh, no.

I respectfully disagree. I think the Palestinian people have been oppressed long enough that they are willing to follow whoever promises them freedom and/or peace/ In this case, it's Hamas. (Deceivingly so).

Yasser Arafat was the closest to peace for everyone involved in the past 50+ years. They need another Yasser Arafat.

So they need another man who couldn't bring them peace in the first place? Arafat had a chance to sign a last peace agreement in 2000 at the Camp David Summit and he said no. He was negotiating with Ehud Barak, a far more liberal Israeli leader than Bibi, and he still wouldn't accept the deal that was clearly the best Palestine was ever going to get. Then, following the breakdown in talks, the second Intifada commenced, long before Hamas had a controlling hand in Palestinian politics.

Ahh, no.

Uhm....I rememer us having a thousand page debate on whether China was in a similar situation....like, seriously, Downzy? Just because Saudi Arabia follows religion and China does not.....now Saudi Arabia are a bunch of scumbags????

LOL

SHOW ME QUALITY OF LIFE....

Saudi Arabia VS. China

\

Show me....please....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Kasanova King