Islamic State claims it executed American photojournalist James Foley

Ace Nova

WASHINGTON — President Obama will use a speech to the nation on Wednesday to make his case for launching a United States-led offensive against Sunni militants gaining ground in the Middle East, seeking to rally support for a broad military mission while reassuring the public he is not plunging American forces into another Iraq war.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/08/us/politics/obama-to-present-case-for-broader-us-mission-against-militants.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&version=HpSum&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

:rofl-lol:

ISIS killed a British citizen today.

When exactly are the US and its allies supposed to kill these bastards?

Nothing personal, Val, but you've been listening and watching too much republican propaganda lately. Every freakin' conservative radio or television station in the U.S. is calling for a Holy War against Muslim extremists.

That being said, these idiots should be eradicated within a few months. ;)

Wanna make a gentlemen's wager? Actually, fuck that, I can't have part of me rooting for those guys. Just remember I told you so. I'll go beyond even a few months. ISIS will still be there in a year. And they'll stay there until the scaremonger machine has squeezed every bit of hysterical turrrrrrrurrrr out of them and moved on to the next bogeymen.

That'll be a good 15 years then, they know how to get their mileage out, don't you worry son, ISIS, the new Al Qaeda. Al Qaedas a weird name, it's has a kinda cute ring to it, i guess cuz it's the arabic name for those books with the alphabet in it, over there, you kinda start nursery with your qaeda. ISIS though, sounds cooolddd, initials too, all mysterious, nah, you're not giving this one enough respect, it has star quality, it's gonna be around for a while i reckon. Initials are the key if you wanna make it on the Fox News catwalk, ISIS, PLO, the shit just sounds more serious. I hope any budding megalomaniacs are making notes, initials kids :thumbsup:

Wanna make a gentlemen's wager? Actually, fuck that, I can't have part of me rooting for those guys. Just remember I told you so. I'll go beyond even a few months. ISIS will still be there in a year. And they'll stay there until the scaremonger machine has squeezed every bit of hysterical turrrrrrrurrrr out of them and moved on to the next bogeymen.

As intelligent as you are, sometimes your words come across as nothing but gibberish.

So now the U.S. is nothing but a "scaremonger machine"? :lol:

Son, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself and your surroundings. If it wasn't for the "scaremonger machine", none of it would be real.....and you would be living in a dream.

:)

What I don't get, is why not just giving them that piece of Syrie, where they are in control already. Fight them out of Irak and make sure they can't get any further and let them be. Just protect the borders.

The whole organisation will probably blow up themselves, cause of corruption, difference of opinion etc. Now they are strong as a whole, cause they have a common goal. If they really have to be a 'country' you will see, they would get problems within the organisation.

I think trying to fight them that hard, will only make them stronger and more attractive to certain people. Maybe it's best just to give them land and let them take care of themselves. I think it will not work and the organisation soon would collapse.

How many more hostages do they have?

Who knows. Don't they trade and sell hostages too ?

What I don't get, is why not just giving them that piece of Syrie, where they are in control already. Fight them out of Irak and make sure they can't get any further and let them be. Just protect the borders.

The whole organisation will probably blow up themselves, cause of corruption, difference of opinion etc. Now they are strong as a whole, cause they have a common goal. If they really have to be a 'country' you will see, they would get problems within the organisation.

I think trying to fight them that hard, will only make them stronger and more attractive to certain people. Maybe it's best just to give them land and let them take care of themselves. I think it will not work and the organisation soon would collapse.

I don't know what the answer is, but they sure as hell won't stop if they have a piece of land. You have IS militants everywhere, so you couldn't keep them inside the border anyway. Their mission is to bring down the West, the kafirs, their end goal isn't a piece of land and their own state.

I know, but it is possible to protect the borders, since surrounding countries don't want them either (unlike Palestina). So they don't get support from other countries. If they are isolated, they have to give up the mission at some point and start creating a 'country'.

Edited by MB.

ISIS killed a British citizen today.

When exactly are the US and its allies supposed to kill these bastards?

Nothing personal, Val, but you've been listening and watching too much republican propaganda lately. Every freakin' conservative radio or television station in the U.S. is calling for a Holy War against Muslim extremists.

They've been bombing ISIS for weeks.

It it is sad it took a death of a few non-Muslim white men for the West to get bloodthirsty against ISIS. The fact they were murdering thousands of people who of all different ethnic and religious backgrounds was not enough.

And 9/11 helped because when people REMEMBER and then hear about ISIS they start to freak out.

The thing about ISIS is that they take over where other governments are weak. Syria has lost it's eastern half to rebels and Kurds, ISIS just takes whatever they can dominate the others. Iraq was always weak in governing the northern parts and ISIS took whatever the Kurds are not holding. Support the Kurds and help the Iraqi government which is on the verge of collapse. Though if ISIS ever does get farther south, they will have to deal with Iran more directly.

I might be wrong here but aren't a lot of these fuckers the same rebels that we were helping out against Assad in Syria only a few months ago?

I might be wrong here but aren't a lot of these fuckers the same rebels that we were helping out against Assad in Syria only a few months ago?

Yes

NO! The West has been supplying the FSA; not the radical islamists. The Free Syrian Army is a west friendly and mostly secular organization that is primarily composed of ex-Baathists that formed a fighting corps with the Free Officers Movement.

Anyone saying otherwise is lying or ignorant. In fact, one of the first targets of ISIL was to attack the FSA stronghold of Azaz.

While it might not fit into the pacifist, leftist, surrender at all cost, agenda of all war is bad, there are moderate elements in this conflict the deserve western munitions and cash... and air support.

Yes

NO! The West has been supplying the FSA; not the radical islamists. The Free Syrian Army is a west friendly and mostly secular organization that is primarily composed of ex-Baathists that formed a fighting corps with the Free Officers Movement.

Anyone saying otherwise is lying or ignorant. In fact, one of the first targets of ISIL was to attack the FSA stronghold of Azaz.

While it might not fit into the pacifist, leftist, surrender at all cost, agenda of all war is bad, there are moderate elements in this conflict the deserve western munitions and cash... and air support.

You'll note that I started my post with "I might be wrong". ;)

I wouldn't mind if they nuked all of the Middle East. Too bad on the oil that would be wasted, but other than that I honestly couldn't care less.

Nuke 'em till they glow! The oil is protected in reservoirs underground

Yes

You'll note that I started my post with "I might be wrong". ;)

Yes, I saw that you qualified your response. The "no" part was directed at you.