Pick a current guitarist for Axl to make a record with?

Just one guitarist, I know it's tough.

Then maybe summarize the kind of record it would be.

could one of the current GNR guys like Ron, Dj or Fortus.

or maybe some classic rock guy

Personally, I'd love to hear what kind of record Dave Mustaine and Axl would make. Axl singing on Poison was the Cure or Public Enemy no. 1 more recently would be awesome. Just a rocking 12 tracks of MegaAxl with cool solos and even some political from Dave and solos from Dave. Could even do a thrash version of Civil War as a bonus track. I'd call the record "Conspiracy Intelligence Artillery"

Edited by wasted

I dig Paul Huge's contributions to Chinese, so he'd be a great choice imo. Of course you've also got to mention Slash and Buckethead. I'd love to hear a GNR song written by Slash, Paul, Bucket and Axl. I think that'd rock rock3

Jeff Beck, Robert Fripp, and I agree about Lindsey Buckingham & Dave Mustaine. He should do a song with Jeff Lynne because he can just go into Jeff's home studio and just be the two of them working on the song. I'd also want him to give it another go with Brian May.

Slash. Even after all those years, I don't care. It's Slash's guitar with Axl's voice. It's perfect. Made for each other musically. Not even a guitar player like Bucket could come close to that kind of magical chemistry.

Even with all his burning hate towards Slash, why do you think Axl STILL wanted him to play on 3 songs on Chinese in 2001? Axl knows exactly what Slash is worth and what he can do musically with his exceptional talent.

Edited by Rovim

In current GnR, Bumblefoot

Putting ex-GnR into perspective, Buckethead; I'd have loved hearing an Axl track featured on Bucket's album Enter the Chicken

Any rock guitarist, someone like The Edge, Peter Frampton, James Hetfield..

I'm sure a Hetfield/Rose collab would work out a lot better than the Lou Reed/Metallica trainwreck, as long as egos are kept in check. :lol:

Edited by Gackt