Slash (album) vocalists -

GUNNER PT

Slash (album) vocalists  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Myles, obviously. Not only is his voice great, but he seems to work well with Slash.

Do you think that one of the main reasons for him to work well with Slash is the fact of being a weak frontman (when you compare him with some of the others) ?

Nah, he's not a weak frontman. I've seen VR and SMKC, and SMKC was the superior show. Myles not only has great chemistry with the band and the audience, but he's fucking phenomenal live.

Illusions - some posters have this weird theory now that Slash picks weak people to play with so they don't steal his spotlight. Is that an idiotic theory? Yes. But for some reason......a few people think this way. It is very important to insult Slash at every opportunity.

Yeah, first people were complaining Velvet Revolver only picked Scott because he was a big name and they wanted someone famous.

And now Slash picks a lesser known singer and it's because he doesn't want other people to steal his spotlight.

Slash can't win with some people on here.

Slash could come up with a cure for cancer and a few people on here would find some reason to complain about it.

Myles, obviously. Not only is his voice great, but he seems to work well with Slash.

Do you think that one of the main reasons for him to work well with Slash is the fact of being a weak frontman (when you compare him with some of the others) ?

Nah, he's not a weak frontman. I've seen VR and SMKC, and SMKC was the superior show. Myles not only has great chemistry with the band and the audience, but he's fucking phenomenal live.

Illusions - some posters have this weird theory now that Slash picks weak people to play with so they don't steal his spotlight. Is that an idiotic theory? Yes. But for some reason......a few people think this way. It is very important to insult Slash at every opportunity.

Yeah, first people were complaining Velvet Revolver only picked Scott because he was a big name and they wanted someone famous.

And now Slash picks a lesser known singer and it's because he doesn't want other people to steal his spotlight.

It wasn't just because Scott was famous and was a big name. But it was a consideration imo. I think the main reason was musical. They liked what he brought to the table as a musician, but they wanted to go all the way, and it didn't hurt that Scott was the former lead singer of STP. Nothing wrong with taking advantage of advantages.

Edited by Rovim

I truly loved Snakepit II, Rod Jackson was a good singer but a better frontman. I think Slash should invite him as a guest in one of the upcoming gigs. Serial Killer with Rod on vocals would be amazing.

I like Myles but he doesn't sound good in GN'R songs (except, perhaps, SCOM). I gotta be honest.

:lol:

It's very easy to expose their bullshit nowadays.

It's funny ... people using Scott to argue, now that we know that it ended the way it did

Maybe Scott was chosen because he was a "big" name, but ... once again .... it looks like it didn't work .... that's why Slash is doing well with Myles-soft-Kennedy ... and he doesn't want to hear about VR and Scott anytime soon ...

So ... your argument just confirm the truth.

Btw ... Slash can't find the cure to cancer ... guess I don't have to explain you why :awesomeface:

Now that I think of about it, it would have been awesome if Slash made a full record with Cornell. Just imagining him covering GnR-VR songs is crazy(I doubt he would make em good, GNR songs) just the thought of another great vocalist covering them is great.

Edited by MEXzilla

It's funny ... people using Scott to argue, now that we know that it ended the way it did

Maybe Scott was chosen because he was a "big" name, but ... once again .... it looks like it didn't work .... that's why Slash is doing well with Myles-soft-Kennedy ... and he doesn't want to hear about VR and Scott anytime soon ...

Btw ... Slash can't find the cure to cancer ... guess I don't have to explain you why :awesomeface:

The only "funny" thing is in how a small group on the GnR forums paint everything that Slash does into a negative light.

My favorite one is the quality/quantity integrity-no integrity thing. Slash releases albums every couple of years BECAUSE he is a money and fame whore who is just ripping off his fans. Axl releases an album every 20 years and that shows he has artistic integrity. Think about that. In the demented view of some people on here, they actually praise their favorite singer for NOT putting out music, and bash artists who do put out music for their fans.

Slash does a commercial or interview and it's because he is a money whore who will sell himself out for the mighty dollar. Axl plays a WEDDING and is praised for having strong business skills.

The weird thing that annoys and/or makes the rest of us normal posters laugh, is that these guys can't give an opinion on a subject UNTIL they know if it's related to Axl or Slash. If you say "Arist X did this, this and this. What do you think of it?" Their answer would 100% solely depend on if it was Axl or Slash. The actual "event" means nothing to do them. All they know is 1. If Axl did it, we must praise it. 2. If Slash did it, we must make it sound like a negative.

"Slash visits sick child in hospital, donates $100,000 for medical bills."

"He only did it because cameras were there and he knew he'd get free publicity. Dude should have did it in private and should have donated at least $200,000." That sounds crazy............but I see things like that happen all the time on the various forums.

• Like 1

"He only did it because cameras were there and he knew he'd get free publicity. Dude should have did it in private and should have donated at least $200,000." That sounds crazy............but I see things like that happen all the time on the various forums.

Did he do that or was it just an example?

Edited by Free Bird

Kennedy by country Myles. Cornell isn't suited to fast paced hard rock (which is all Slash is good at) so they wouldn't be a good match.

The only "funny" thing is in how a small group on the GnR forums paint everything that Slash does into a negative light.

My favorite one is the quality/quantity integrity-no integrity thing. Slash releases albums every couple of years BECAUSE he is a money and fame whore who is just ripping off his fans. Axl releases an album every 20 years and that shows he has artistic integrity. Think about that. In the demented view of some people on here, they actually praise their favorite singer for NOT putting out music, and bash artists who do put out music for their fans.

Slash does a commercial or interview and it's because he is a money whore who will sell himself out for the mighty dollar. Axl plays a WEDDING and is praised for having strong business skills.

The weird thing that annoys and/or makes the rest of us normal posters laugh, is that these guys can't give an opinion on a subject UNTIL they know if it's related to Axl or Slash. If you say "Arist X did this, this and this. What do you think of it?" Their answer would 100% solely depend on if it was Axl or Slash. The actual "event" means nothing to do them. All they know is 1. If Axl did it, we must praise it. 2. If Slash did it, we must make it sound like a negative.

I really do love how dedicated you are to strawmanning. It's a sight to behold.

Edited by bacardimayne

Except for what Groghan said does happen

It doesn't. Not here. Perhaps Warchild's 17 accounts on GNR Truth do something to that effect, but here there are only one or two people who you could objectively look at and consider to be such militant nutters, and Groghan acts like every single post that says anything bad about Slash is made by one of these nutters.

And even if it were a more prominent problem than it is, it's still not as prominent or annoying as Grog's fucking whining about it.

It doesn't. Not here. Perhaps Warchild's 17 accounts on GNR Truth do something to that effect, but here there are only one or two people who you could objectively look at and consider to be such militant nutters, and Groghan acts like every single post that says anything bad about Slash is made by one of these nutters.

And even if it were a more prominent problem than it is, it's still not as prominent or annoying as Grog's fucking whining about it.

Except you are now doing the exact same thing you are accusing me of doing!!!

"acts like every single post that says anything bad about Slash is made by one of these nutters." That is you doing your own version of a strawman argument (and I'm using YOUR definition of what you think strawman means).

But like Illusions said - the reason I often bring up the point (often - not always and not in every thread that is anti-Slash) is because it happens ALL the time.

I don't really even like Slash and his music either. So saying that I defend him or insult other posters in "every" thread about Slash is dead wrong as well.

I suppose I felt the same way about your bff Broski bringing up a posters age and musical preference as a form of an insult in every topic he posted in - and then you, of course, swooning in to defend his honor when people responded.

But it's all good. You keep talking about other people using strawman arguments while you continually make statements that are blatantly exaggerated and not true. I believe I pointed this same thing out to you about a week ago in a post where you claimed the same thing about somebody else in another topic. or maybe it was about me but in a completely different topic. I don't remember the specifics, other than it was you making your "every post" claim.

Your "whining" about my posting isn't going to change how I post one iota. So if my posts make you so angry.........might be time to use the old ignore button. :thumbsup:

Thanks man.

You have to laugh at a guy claiming that I'm over-exaggerating something..........while he over-exaggerates something as well.

Some of these posters take things way too seriously.

• Like 1