Who made the best Batman movies?

Which director made the best ones?  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Of course it's Nolan. Last one wasn't shit either. It just wasn't as amazing a the second.

It didn't have the spark the first one had. It didn't have an interesting villan imo, and it didn't match the scale it tried to work in. I take my shitty comment back: it wasn't shit, but it could have been much better imo.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Nolan without question. Begins and Dark Knight simply are great films. The last one though was just bad, I would say as bad as the older Bat films. Seriously Bane destroys the city of Gotham, yet the conflict is solved with a fist fight? And not even a good fight lol.

The 3rd Nolan film was for shock value at first. I thought It was amazing the first time I watched it then after a few hundred times it started to lose its impressiveness. The Dark Knight is my all time favorite film tho and it never gets old. I do however prefer the 3rd film over the 1st one.

The 3rd Nolan film was for shock value at first. I thought It was amazing the first time I watched it then after a few hundred times it started to lose its impressiveness. The Dark Knight is my all time favorite film tho and it never gets old. I do however prefer the 3rd film over the 1st one.

The first one would have been the best one out of the three if it wasn't for Heath as the Joker imo. He made that fuckin' movie.

The first one would have been the best one out of the three if it wasn't for Heath as the Joker imo. He made that fuckin' movie.

He created an actual villain.

I just feel like the MVP out of the entire Batman franchise was production designer Anton Furst (RIP, homey).

The look of Gotham City in that first movie was so impressive, so darkly atmospheric and cluttered that it created an indelible impression in my mind. Furst took so much inspiration from the metropolis of Blade Runner. It doesn't matter as much that in the years since, Burton's Batman has begun to show its age or that Nolan took the franchise to new and ultimately soaring emotional levels, the films never, ever felt the same after the first movie.

As great as Chris Nolan's movies are, I loathe that he went the opposite direction with Batman. Instead of trying to follow Anton Furst's great example of how exaggerated Gotham should be, he made it Anywhere USA, with nondescript high-rises and bland urban backdrops.

• Like 1

Burton. Jack as The Joker, Prince soundtrack, even Keaton Batman was better than Bale. I did like Heath and Bane. Just feel like Nolan trilogy is long winded for no pay off.

Was it Jack as The Joker, or Jack as Jack? Keaton was an interesting Batman. A weird casting choice, but his emanating humanity gave him something that worked.

Burton. Jack as The Joker, Prince soundtrack, even Keaton Batman was better than Bale. I did like Heath and Bane. Just feel like Nolan trilogy is long winded for no pay off.

Was it Jack as The Joker, or Jack as Jack? Keaton was an interesting Batman. A weird casting choice, but his emanating humanity gave him something that worked.

Jack IS the Joker.

Ledger played a great role and all, but his Joker is just a fruitcake Crow- I guess there's a generation gap between those of us that prefer the Burton films to the Nolan ones but give me atmosphere character over fancy special effects and "gritty realness" anyday.

I think Jack's Joker was way more disturbing, and Bale's Batman is a joke- the Nolan films just take themselves way too seriously IMO.

• Like 1

Jack IS the Joker.

Ledger played a great role and all, but his Joker is just a fruitcake Crow- I guess there's a generation gap between those of us that prefer the Burton films to the Nolan ones but give me atmosphere character over fancy special effects and "gritty realness" anyday.

I think Jack's Joker was way more disturbing, and Bale's Batman is a joke- the Nolan films just take themselves way too seriously IMO.

Couldn't disagree more. I didn't believe Jack's joker. When I saw The Dark Knight, I couldn't believe it was Heath that was in there. It was The Joker personified. Bale did not really work for me as Batman though. Jack's Joker wasn't disturbing at all imo. But you're not supposed to take Burton's version seriously anyway I think. I get a nice nostalgic feeling when I watch that movie, but it doesn't have much substance. The style is cool, like the comics. It's campy in a way, but I prefer Nolan's realism. Much more menacing and dark.

Jack IS the Joker.

Couldn't disagree more. I didn't believe Jack's joker. When I saw The Dark Knight, I couldn't believe it was Heath that was in there. It was The Joker personified. Bale did not really work for me as Batman though. Jack's Joker wasn't disturbing at all imo. But you're not supposed to take Burton's version seriously anyway I think. I get a nice nostalgic feeling when I watch that movie, but it doesn't have much substance. The style is cool, like the comics. It's campy in a way, but I prefer Nolan's realism. Much more menacing and dark.

Fair enough, I did enjoy Nolan's films but nothing beats the two Burton Batman movies for me.

Bane's voice was just fucking ridiculous, I liked Crane/ the Scarecrow a lot though...and Liam Neeson fucking sucked, he has just played Qui Gon Jinn over and over since TPM and I can't take him seriously- nor Bale or Holmes for that matter.

Mike was a great Bruce Wayne and decent Batman, not overacting. Jack is always playing Jack but he got across a lot of the twisted insanity of the Joker. I feel like the Burton movies still got more of the balance between camp and dark, Nolan just made a tough almost ordinary movie. they are a bit dour. The last one was more fun but only because it lost it.