Slash is sick of the media creating GNR conflict

Slash, who continues to get asked about his former band despite the fact that he hasn't spoken to Rose since his 1996 departure, tells the Irish Examiner: "I'm not bored with the fascination with [GUNS N' ROSES music]. What I'm bored with is all the brouhaha with stuff the media have no idea what they are talking about.. the causing of unnecessary conflict between the original members. It's just a lot of drama and sensationalism — everyone is trying to capitalize on that. I'm sick of it."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-blames-media-for-causing-unnecessary-conflict-between-original-guns-n-roses-members/

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave

He is bored by medias keep on asking for Gn'R related stuff or catchy punchlines about Gn'R after doing an interview about his new album; journalists will write big headlines about the smallest thing he would say about Gn'R instead of focussing on WOF.

He shouldn't talk to medias at all but fans ! Ha!

• Like 1

If he's so concerned with the relationship between himself and original guns members than I suggest he handle each situation with the original members.

If he feels the media creates a tense situation with Axl then call Axl's people and tell them whatever the media is creating is false. Idk which members he is talking about but it's a small inconvience to take on in order to maintain a good relationship with former band mates.

Maybe he does...idk

These comments would be different if he hadn't sort of constantly took swipes at Axl during the first VR press tour. Or at the least maybe if he admitted to having something to do with the "brouhaha."

Maybe instead of getting sick of the media creating conflict, maybe he should appreciate that they care to ask him at all. He could be Steven Adler right now.

These comments would be different if he hadn't sort of constantly took swipes at Axl during the first VR press tour. Or at the least maybe if he admitted to having something to do with the "brouhaha."

Maybe instead of getting sick of the media creating conflict, maybe he should appreciate that they care to ask him at all. He could be Steven Adler right now.

If it ain't broke...

Slash must think most of his fans are idiots. There is no other accpetable explanation imo. My guess is he says what he thinks will be generally accepted by most people who care about what he does, so he can sell as many records or whatever it is he's promoting at the time and look cool. Look like the good guy. Served him well, but I don't buy it.

He had his hand in the Gn'R shitstorm, and yet, he won't take specific blame for it. For any of it. I don't think he's a liar, but more of a manipulator. I still love him as a musician.

Edited by Rovim

Slash is nothing if not a great promotional machine. :P

The timing of these sort of comments is interesting. Heh.

The timing isn't interesting at all. It's very obvious he's about to release an album and is doing promotion for it. Obviously when an artist is about to release an album they get more media coverage, do more interviews and in Slash's case he gets asked about GnR more now than at other points when hes not as active. It's pretty straight forward why he made these comments because he's obviously getting asked about it a lot and in particular more now than usual. he's not making these comments to promote himself as you so "subtly" try to suggest.

Aaaaaand reading all the comments in this thread now is yet again a massive reminder of how completely out of touch with reality most of you are.

Edited by Bono
  • Like 4

Slash must think most of his fans are idiots. There is no other accpetable explanation imo. My guess is he says what he thinks will be generally accepted by most people who care about what he does, so he can sell as many records or whatever it is he's promoting at the time and look cool. Look like the good guy. Served him well, but I don't buy it.

He had his hand in the Gn'R shitstorm, and yet, he won't take specific blame for it. For any of it. I don't think he's a liar, but more of a manipulator. I still love him as a musician.

That's sort of my position when it comes to Axl and Slash. I pretty much love most of what they put out musically (granted I'm colder on Slash's more recent solo releases) but they're pretty damn infuriating as people. Now I'm certainly not pretending to know them as people, but from what they present themselves as in public, they're not people I aspire to be like.

Slash is nothing if not a great promotional machine. :P

The timing of these sort of comments is interesting. Heh.

The timing isn't interesting at all. It's very obvious he's about to release an album and is doing promotion for it. Obviously when an artist is about to release an album they get more media coverage, do more interviews and in Slash's case he gets asked about GnR more now than at other points when hes not as active. It's pretty straight forward why he made these comments because he's obviously getting asked about it a lot and in particular more now than usual. he's not making these comments to promote himself as you so "subtly" try to suggest.

Aaaaaand reading all the comments in this thread now is yet again a massive reminder of how completely out of touch with reality most of you are.

Well, it's interesting to me. You're kinda full of yourself, yes?

It's what Slash does when there's something to promote. Not always, but many times imo. He said he won't talk about Gn'R and answer any questions regarding that band, and that was the reason why he released his book, and yet...

Edited by Rovim

Isn't Slash the guy that originally went to the media to talk smack about Axl Rose? Weren't there a ton of interviews where he openly put Axl down?

I don't know where all this is coming from. He never actively sought out interviews to bad mouth Axl.

Yes, he was intereviewed, byt it was usually that he was promoting something of his own, like Snakepit or a new guitar line or something like that.

I have many, many magazines from back when he first left Guns, and if he did have anything bad to say about Axl, he always back it up about how talented Axl was.

But really, he didn't even say anything that bad, just mostly that him and Axl couldn't see eye to eye, and that he didn't agree with stuff like the late starts, too many ballads etc etc

here's an idea slash, why not try to clear up the bad blood and fix the issues? he tries to put out a record and do something different but all the media will report on is his comments about gnr. he fueled it a bit in the past himself so he kinda brought it about hisself.