THE GENERAL - WORTHLESS THREAD ONLY - NO LINKS BECAUSE IT DIDN'T LEAK

Haven't we heard the whole intro? Pitman played it live before every GN'R show circa 2006. It lasts a long time if I recall.

It's not confirmed that was The General. It's possible, but we don't know.

It was asked in the chats I think if we've heard any other snippets of songs unknowingly (like Prostitute intro to Nov Rain). Axl said 'The General intro is the most common intro before shows'.

Edited by RickRoses

Seems an educated guess.

But we don't know it for a fact. Could be just a part of Seven for example. There is no way of really knowing. Just because that intro sounds like something grand that can be associated with a song that is named "The General" doesn't really help us to know it is a part of The General, and not something else.

It's not like Axl only writes one "epic" sounding song per album. Chinese is a good example.

Haven't we heard the whole intro? Pitman played it live before every GN'R show circa 2006. It lasts a long time if I recall.

It's not confirmed that was The General. It's possible, but we don't know.

It was asked in the chats I think if we've heard any other snippets of songs unknowingly (like Prostitute intro to Nov Rain). Axl said 'The General intro is the most common intro before shows'.

I don't think Axl said that. I don't think he said "most common" or anything like that. If you have a source, it'll be welcomed. A specific source, not just "it was said in the chats".

Edited by Rovim

No, we do not know it as fact, but,

A/ It is definitely a piece of music as it was performed repeatedly across multipile concerts, i.e. it is not an ad hoc piece.

B/ It does not belong to a previously released song, GN’R or otherwise: we do not recognise it.

C/ Axl, of the New GN’R era, loves his lengthy boring intros.

D/ There are no alternative examples of a, consistently played piece of music - need I remind you that most shows are on youtube.

Edited by DieselDaisy

A/ It is definitely a piece of music as it was performed repeatedly across multipile concerts, i.e. it is not an ad hoc piece.

B/ It does not belong to a previously released song, GN’R or otherwise: we do not recognise it.

D/ There are no alternative examples of a, consistently played piece of music - need I remind you that most shows are on youtube.

But we're talking about it being from The General, not other unheard material. Like I said, it could be from any other unreleased song. Like back in 2002, when Axl played a little bit of Prostitute as an intro to November Rain. We had no way of knowing that was a part of Prostitute.

^ Evaders remake.

Evader:

This video is up on my YouTube page, but the music is different. It seems I uploaded the wrong music for that one.
Using FL Studio, I had built another instrumental using about 20 additional instruments, then somehow forgot about it. Oops. Well, no matter, maybe you'll like the YouTube version better than this one anyway.

There's a few remakes of The General by Evader out there that are fucking awesome :thumbsup: His instrumental only version of the General rocks ^_^

^ Evaders remake.

Evader:

This video is up on my YouTube page, but the music is different. It seems I uploaded the wrong music for that one.

Using FL Studio, I had built another instrumental using about 20 additional instruments, then somehow forgot about it. Oops. Well, no matter, maybe you'll like the YouTube version better than this one anyway.

There's a few remakes of The General by Evader out there that are fucking awesome :thumbsup: His instrumental only version of the General rocks ^_^

I'm annoying, but I just have to say it again: we don't know that that's a remake of The General. Could be part of any other unreleased new Guns song.

Where can I listen to it?

In this lifetime.

Edited by Rovim

But we're talking about it being from The General, not other unheard material. Like I said, it could be from any other unreleased song. Like back in 2002, when Axl played a little bit of Prostitute as an intro to November Rain. We had no way of knowing that was a part of Prostitute.

But then, assuming that interview about, ''having already heard it'', is true, this can be the only possible candidate. It is not as if we have been inundated with snippets of music, which could potentially come from Chinese Democracy Part 2, here. It could come from 'Seven' - you are correct - but that leaves the question, 'where else is this, ‘The General’ piece, going to come from'?

An educated guess, as I said.

But then, assuming that interview about, ''having already heard it'', is true, this can be the only possible candidate. It is not as if we have been inundated with snippets of music, which could potentially come from Chinese Democracy Part 2, here. It could come from 'Seven' - you are correct - but that leaves the question, 'where else is this, ‘The General’ piece, going to come from'?

An educated guess, as I said.

The band, especially Bumble and Fortus has jammed many times before songs like Madagascar for example, but not only before that song. Could be one of those jams, could be anything that isn't a known Guns or cover song. Even Axl tinkering on his piano before November Rain could be The General.

Edited by Rovim

Oh come on! You are just contradicting me for the sake of contradicting. It is The General. End of discussion.

Hmmm... I don't do that, that will be a waste of my time. I've made my points, I don't know what else to tell you. If you don't want to discuss this anymore, then don't, but at least admit you don't have anything to counter my argument with.

lol "end of discussion". What some people say when they don't have anything of substance to add.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1