freddie tribute show

cuneo77

It was the other way around. In an interview from 1992 (RIP Magazine) Axl said it was Elton the one who was not very happy about it. Why? because of the controversy around One In A Million. But they met before that show. They talked and everything was ok between the 2 of them. So Elton agreed to performe with Axl for Tribute show.

Later they performed November Rain in the MTV Music Awards. And when Elton got inducted in HOF back in 1994 Axl was there. Axl have said many time he is a big Elton John fan.

It was the other way around. In an interview from 1992 (RIP Magazine) Axl said it was Elton the one who was not very happy about it. Why? because of the controversy around One In A Million. But they met before that show. They talked and everything was ok between the 2 of them. So Elton agreed to performe with Axl for Tribute show.

Later they performed November Rain in the MTV Music Awards. And when Elton got inducted in HOF back in 1994 Axl was there. Axl have said many time he is a big Elton John fan.

Here is Axl intucting Elton- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsXrsmNjmYc

In an interview from 1992 (RIP Magazine) Axl said it was Elton the one who was not very happy about it. Why? because of the controversy around One In A Million.

I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing.

Here is Axl intucting Elton

It's so cool to see Axl doing this. Too bad that was one of the last times he was seen in public.

In an interview from 1992 (RIP Magazine) Axl said it was Elton the one who was not very happy about it. Why? because of the controversy around One In A Million.

I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing.

Here is Axl intucting Elton

It's so cool to see Axl doing this. Too bad that was one of the last times he was seen in public.

DEL: The tribute to Freddie Mercury was very cool. What was it like jamming with legends like Queen and Elton John?

AXL: The Queen gig was the most humbling experience of my life. It was f?!king intense. When we first met Brian May last summer, it was wild. None of us would let him out of the room. He's one of the nicest people I've met. When we did "Bohemian Rhapsody," that was unrehearsed. Brian asked me to do it that day, and it felt right. I spoke to Elton before the show, and he was kind of uneasy about meeting me - you know, I'm supposed to be the most homophobic guy on Earth. When we talked, I was excited, but serious, telling him how much his music meant to me. By the end he was like "Whoa." On stage I was trying to be as respectful to him as I could. I was purposely vibing out, and if you look close, you can see it at times, how much I love and respect I have for Elton. There was some heavy eye contact going down. It was amazing. MTV's John Norris kept saying, "This could be the last time you'll ever see Elton John and Axl Rose together onstage." Not if I have anything to do with it.

It was a very long interview, 3 parts I think. If you want to read more about the issues addressed by Axl just look for Axl interview RIP Magazine 1992