!!!!! New songs !!!!!

Hello,

take a listen at these demos of mine:

The Game & Pink Street and Delicate Things (2016):

Lisbon Nights (2015):

Instinct (2015):

Deception (2014):

Always Unchanged (2014):

They're home demos so they sound like it.

I wrote these songs, played, recorded, mixed,... basically done everything all by myself at home.

The drums I had to program with software because I never played drums in my life and it sounds like it.

Some lyrics but no voice yet, need to find a singer.

It ain't perfect or pro but I hope you like it.

All songs you hear above are registered to myself.

© Copyright 2014 and 2015.

All Rights Reserved.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Covers I did:

Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac - Oh Well

Edited by Klay
  • Like 3

Great!! You're really talented, I'm looking forward for more.

What software did you use for the drums?

Thanks man,

I used EZdrummer and programed every single note by note in Midi.

I never played drums so it wasn't easy to build up a groove.

Harder than this will be find a talented singer to write some cool lyrics and to sing this and other demos I'm recording.

Yes, I also write music for myself and to jam with some friends, but when it comes to try to put some lyrics into it it's really really different from what we usually do in terms of songwriting. Fortunately I'm lucky enough to have a friend with an amazing voice and a wicked mind so that helps a lot :lol:

What about trying composing songs that are meant to be instrumental? I feel like the song above is kinda made to have someone singing with it.

I've been listening to it and I really like it man, so I hope to hear some more!

Thanks man :)

To be honest I don't like instrumental stuff, I mean it's cool if a album has one instrumental or it's cool to hear solo sections live but what I really like is sung songs, with really cool high pitched voices like Axl, Rob Halford, Freddie and so on.

Melody is everything to me when I write stuff on guitar so I don't go into complicated technical stuff at the speed of light, even tough I can play fast.

Deception I wrote after watching the 2008 movie Deception and it's meant to be sung. I even have the melody lines for vocals in my head, just don't have lyrics nor anybody to "print" it out on a recroding for me :P

Where can I listen to your stuff?

Edited by Klay

love both songs...definitely have a strong 70's feel although they both kinda remind me of Raging Slab...

Thanks!

I didn't knew Raging Slab, checked them on Youtube, they seem cool, kinda like The Allman Brothers Band.

What my songs miss are the vocals with their melodie lines. I think Deception is more towards a prog rock feeling like Locomotive. Always Unchanged sounds kinda sleaze to me, with the cowbell pouding on and on :)

Thanks for your input!

love both songs...definitely have a strong 70's feel although they both kinda remind me of Raging Slab...

Thanks!

I didn't knew Raging Slab, checked them on Youtube, they seem cool, kinda like The Allman Brothers Band.

What my songs miss are the vocals with their melodie lines. I think Deception is more towards a prog rock feeling like Locomotive. Always Unchanged sounds kinda sleaze to me, with the cowbell pouding on and on :)

Thanks for your input!

you're welcome

Always Unchanged def has that Raging Slab feel to me---they were a mid-late 80's band with strong 70's influence

• Like 1

AWESOME stuff, man!

Thanks!

I've got several ideas ready to record and I think they're cool, all around hard rock with a modern touch of synths; I've only got 2 problems:

- I do it all myself and it takes around 2-3 months to get each demo done; yeah, it's a lot and they're just rough demos (I can fully understand why Chinese Democracy took so long!)

- I don't have a singer yet ...

Hopefully one day I'll have a full album of demos done :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks man :)

To be honest I don't like instrumental stuff, I mean it's cool if a album has one instrumental or it's cool to hear solo sections live but what I really like is sung songs, with really cool high pitched voices like Axl, Rob Halford, Freddie and so on.

Melody is everything to me when I write stuff on guitar so I don't go into complicated technical stuff at the speed of light, even tough I can play fast.

Deception I wrote after watching the 2008 movie Deception and it's meant to be sung. I even have the melody lines for vocals in my head, just don't have lyrics nor anybody to "print" it out on a recroding for me :P

Where can I listen to your stuff?

We haven't recorded any :lol: we just jam and when we're inspired we write a few songs, but that's about it

always unchanged was sweet, I'm loving the guitar work

• 4 weeks later...

At 0:49 of the first song, i think the bass line should be a lower note/pitch (dont know what its called exactly) and kind of do its own thing, not just be a copy of the guitars.

I do like the 2nd song though.

Just please when you get a drummer, get one that uses real drums, no kick triggers or anything. Needs a natural ambience and thump to it

Edited by Mendez
  • Like 1

At 0:49 of the first song, i think the bass line should be a lower note/pitch (dont know what its called exactly) and kind of do its own thing, not just be a copy of the guitars.

I do like the 2nd song though.

Just please when you get a drummer, get one that uses real drums, no kick triggers or anything. Needs a natural ambience and thump to it

Thanks for your feedback!

I agree with you, the bass line should be different than just double what the guitars are doing. If I ever get the chance to record this professionally I'll sure work on some parts including doing a proper bass line :)

These two songs are my first bass atempt; I'm a guitar player with lot's of ideas for songs in my head, I bought a bass just to play/record these 2 songs as well as I learned how to "play" drums just by watching other drumers (like the UYI shows, see which component of the drum kit produces each sound). I never played any drums in my live, not even the simplest beat, I couldn't tell the difference between what sound a snare and toms make and all those cymbals, now I know it all virtually.

Basically I hear all these melodies, drum beats, solos in my head and try to print them.

The guitar parts are easy for me, the rest (bass, virtual drums, keyboards) is just me strugglin to show the complete idea of the songs that are playing on my imagination :) I also have the vocal melodies but unfortunatelly there's no software / VST for it and I won't even attempt to sing them myself!

My next song on the works will have it all: it'll have a mean flamenco feeling, mixed with a heavy /trash metal section, synthetizer and the chorus will fell like the great Thin Lizzy - as weird as it seems to be, I think the final result will be my best song so far! I'm having a hard time getting the right guitar tone on recording, I don't know much about microphone placement on speakers to get the best sound out of the amp I'll use for it. Maybe it'll take 3 months to be ready...

Edited by Klay

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is why I'm a guitar player, I can't sing:

https://soundcloud.com/klay1923/vocals-test/s-6PRaH

The lyrics aren't very understandable so what I'm trying to sing is:

Now is just the time it's time to get you out of my mind
You've been there for much long and now it's time to move it on
Sorry I couldn't help it, feeling nothing and pretending
It's your fault You end as started, a big nothing in my soul
I won't be the first one to do it
And you know, it wouldn't make a difference
I don't want you, ........
After this I decided to give up singing so I'll just mix the instrumental song and maybe someday I can find a singer for my demos.

Thanks Omar, I'm real glad you liked it! I live in Europe...

I know why I play guitar in the first place, it's because I'm a terrible singer; I think I'm more of a songwriter than anything else and I feel sorry that I just can't put it all out by myself as I've got some good ideas for lyrics and vocal melodies lines for these songs.

Here's the finished version:

Edited by Klay
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

take a listen at these demos of mine:

Instinct (2015):

Deception (2014):

Always Unchanged (2014):

They're home demos so they sound like it.

I wrote these songs, played, recorded, mixed,... basically done everything all by myself at home.

The drums I had to program with software because I never played drums in my life and it sounds like it.

Some lyrics but no voice yet, need to find a singer.

It ain't perfect or pro but I hope you like it.

All songs you hear here are registered to myself.

© Copyright 2014 and 2015.

All Rights Reserved.

hi there

just listened to INSTINCT, can you tell me how you structured the song?

something like

intro goes from 0s to Xs,

then first verse from XXs to XXs

then chorus from XXs to XXs

then instrumental break from XXs to XXs

?

thanks in advance

• Like 1

Hello,

thanks for your interest.

I've pictured it like this:

0 ->12s : Opening riff (instrumental only)

12s -> 35s: Verses

35s -> 52s : Chorus

52s -> 1m14s : Verses

1m14s -> 1m32: Chorus

1m32s -> 2m12s: Bridge

2m12s -> 2m22s: Repeat of the opening riff (instrumental)

2m22s -> 2min33s: Verses

2m33s -> 2m50s: Chorus

2m50s -> 3m54s : Solo and instrumental break

3min54s -> 4m34s: This part is sung and goes like this: https://soundcloud.com/klay1923/vocals-test/s-6PRaH

4m34s -> 4m45s : Repeat of the opening riff (instrumental)

The rest is easy as follows the previous structure (Verses -> Chorus -> Bridge).

Hello,

thanks for your interest.

I've pictured it like this:

0 ->12s : Opening riff (instrumental only)

12s -> 35s: Verses

35s -> 52s : Chorus

52s -> 1m14s : Verses

1m14s -> 1m32: Chorus

1m32s -> 2m12s: Bridge

2m12s -> 2m22s: Repeat of the opening riff (instrumental)

2m22s -> 2min33s: Verses

2m33s -> 2m50s: Chorus

2m50s -> 3m54s : Solo and instrumental break

3min54s -> 4m34s: This part is sung and goes like this: https://soundcloud.com/klay1923/vocals-test/s-6PRaH

4m34s -> 4m45s : Repeat of the opening riff (instrumental)

The rest is easy as follows the previous structure (Verses -> Chorus -> Bridge).

Thanks a lot man

One more question...

Do you have a no-drums version of this demo (everything minus the drums)?

or an acoustic version - guitar only?