CD is so bad I just deleted all files except Prostitute

bro.

honestly all of it is un listenable anymore - just sounds like all pretentious crap

prostitute is the only worthy song on it left....and madagascar live in RIO version

CD may be a lot of things....but "pretentious?"

Do-not-think-it-means.jpeg

yes

attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed.

EXACTLY THIS

honestly all of it is un listenable anymore - just sounds like all pretentious crap

prostitute is the only worthy song on it left....and madagascar live in RIO version

Good thing you downloaded it illegally than bought it cuz then your complaint would have meant something! :)

• Like 1

I own, as in on CD and vinyl, just under 3,000 albums, and i've hoarded about 2TB of music on iTunes. But if I could only take one album to a desert island it would be Chinese. Although, ironically, I could live without the title track because to me it's the only redundant song on there.

Lol

Prostitute besides Riad is the only really shit songs on that album

I love that Prostitute song and my opinion is better than yours.

• Like 2

Some people here think it is an Pink Floyd stroke, Aphex Twin, album yet all it is is a bunch of late-90s modern - even nu-metalesque - rock songs with bleeps and farts layered over: ''yes dude, profound. Axl is Trent Reznor dude''.

I do think there is a lot of 70s classic rock influences on CD too. Especially structurally and dynamically. The OTT epic style is very 80s to me. Lots of songs soundlike a nu metal band covering a 70s classic. But mostly it does sound like the 90s in the 00s. But nobody really put a choir on a Pearl Jam riff and loads of extended solos in the 90s. Point taken, but just as CD has a lot of 90s motifs and styles like Radiohead/NIN quirky drum loops and sausage machine backwards guitars riffs a la Korn. Doesn't AFD have a ton of 70s motifs like cowbell or For those About to rock structures. Its basically a collection of 70s ACDC and Aerosmith ideas with Skynard, Hanoi Rocks and Zepp on the soundboard. Isn't Patience just Wild Horses 2. Isn't Nov Rain just Layla meets Elton John? If the argument is the CD songs aren't well done in those 90s styles, I don't agree. If its more people don't like those styles or GNR doing those styles, then I can understand that...but why be so consistently negative about it? Because Axl stole the name? It's a fair question, do you want to be a cop or to appear to be a cop. I'm not a cop, I'm your fucking cousin. Oh, you bad, you corrupt fuck! Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

1970s? There is only one blues riff (Sorry) on the entire album: one blues riff!! How can you have a 'GN'R album' with one fuckin' blues riff? Scraped and Shackler's Revenge are basically just Korn rips. This type of atrocious nu metal music was already past its sell by date in 2002 when the songs were probably recorded: by 2008, it was archaic. Even the main riff in Better is nu metal.

Lol

Prostitute besides Riad is the only really shit songs on that album

I love that Prostitute song and my opinion is better than yours.

No, you just have terrible musical taste, that's all :shrugs:

Some people here think it is an Pink Floyd stroke, Aphex Twin, album yet all it is is a bunch of late-90s modern - even nu-metalesque - rock songs with bleeps and farts layered over: ''yes dude, profound. Axl is Trent Reznor dude''.

this