Slash was always the one who took care of shit for the band before that. Axl didn't really like dealing with the press and doing those kind of Chores. Also now that they are on a big stage, there is more to do to hold the Crowd. I think everyone kicked it up a Notch

Edited by recklessroad

I don't get it when people say Slash tried to position him self as the center point of the band or that Slash was using the Ego ramp to much during shows?

The media makes the star out of whomever they choose. Does the guitar player ever outshine the singer in a band? Rarely. But there are times when the

pair become a name in themselves. Like Steve Tyler/Joe Perry or Page/Plant. I think the theory of Slash trying to take over the band is just a fantasy.

We all know who has control over the band now.

Slash surely is the main focus point on stage - next to Axl!
But it was like that since the first live video we do have: 1/18/1986! All other 1986 videos circulating (Fenders 3/21/86, Roxy 3/28/86, Troubadour 7/11/86, Music Machine 9/13/86) are about the same: Axl and Slash = the next generation guitarist/singer killer duet! and Slash goin crazy all about the band painting flyers, selling things just to get money fo the band, band business etc. was all there already, it didnt begin 8/14/1987 Halifax like Axl dreams.

i'd bet even in 1985 Slash was a maniac on stage already, could you say smth. to this, Marc?

Edited by Lim666

But it was like that since the first live video we do have: 1/18/1986! All other 1986 videos circulating (Fenders 3/21/86, Roxy 3/28/86, Troubadour 7/11/86, Music Machine 9/13/86) are about the same: Axl and Slash = the next generation guitarist/singer killer duet! and Slash

goin crazy all about the band painting flyers, selling things just to get money fo the band, band business etc. was all there already, it didnt begin 8/14/1987 Halifax like Axl dreams.

i'd bet even in 1985 Slash was a maniac on stage already, could you say smth. to this, Marc?

I would say it was about 50/50 Axl / slash taking the spot light. When there were vocals going on it was Axl to focus on but then in between slash would the one that would be filling in doing something cool to look at. The rest of the band also did there part but Axl and Slash were still the ones that stood out the most. Edited by recklessroad

But it was like that since the first live video we do have: 1/18/1986! All other 1986 videos circulating (Fenders 3/21/86, Roxy 3/28/86, Troubadour 7/11/86, Music Machine 9/13/86) are about the same: Axl and Slash = the next generation guitarist/singer killer duet! and Slash

goin crazy all about the band painting flyers, selling things just to get money fo the band, band business etc. was all there already, it didnt begin 8/14/1987 Halifax like Axl dreams.

I would say it was about 50/50 Axl / slash. When there were vocals going on it was Axl to focus on but then in between slash would the one that would be filling in doing something cool to look at

I don't get why Axl is trying to present what Slash did onstage as something negative. Should he had just stood there, doing nothing and being boring? I love Slash's stage moves. He looked fuckin' cool up there, playing his guitar and it didn't look fake or anything. He was fuckin' into it. I see nothing wrong with how Slash chose to present himself on stage.

• Like 1