Where does Adler "Back from the Dead" rank with you?

smoking guns

I can't believe people actually like this.

They don't. Its just one of those things people claim to enjoy as part of an ulterior motive- like Slash's solo career. People claim to like it, because they think it'll help detract from Axl and post-Slash GNR.

lol wut.

To answer bacardi. It's a GNR forum, people enjoying hard rock songs doesn't surprise me a bit.

But they're so shit and generic. They make Slash's stuff look like Nine Inch Nails.

I actually liked a couple Adler's Appetite songs. This is just absolute trash.

There were only 3 ever released. Two of which were great AFD-style hard rockers, the other was a ballady track which was fine. I remember hearing Back from the Dead, and thinking "wtf, why did he go all emo/whiney/modern?"

There were only 3 ever released. Two of which were great AFD-style hard rockers, the other was a ballady track which was fine. I remember hearing Back from the Dead, and thinking "wtf, why did he go all emo/whiney/modern?"

There were the three singles (Good to Be Alive, Starfire or something like that, and the ballad) and an EP from like 2005.

There were the three singles (Good to Be Alive, Starfire or something like that, and the ballad) and an EP from like 2005.

Good to be Alive is a Snakepit tune. The Adler's Appetite stuff was Alive (awesome), Stardog (very awesome), and Fading (meh ballad). That was the 2010 lineup. There was an earlier lineup in '05 or so, but I remember thinking their stuff was "eh," or maybe it wasn't studio quality, I don't remember. I just know the 2010 Adler's Appetite is probably my favorite post-GNR thing an ex-member has done (perhaps besides Snakepit 2.0). Too bad it was only 3 songs.

Human rights but not for rock stars. Axl has a choice and they can blackball him I guess. Shows how much he shouldn't have anything to do with them.

It's not as simple as that. Who's to say Slash etc were ready to do this reunion tour. Izzy hates touring and limelight and promo. Can Adler complete a show.

It's a lot for Axl to throw away. 30 songs he worked on for 10 years. So they try to get a reunion by shitting on his release, failing to set up a tour. And hope this will butter Axl up for a reunion tour which would ultimately destroy his creative career. And no, recycling UYI riffs and production isn't a creative career. Even Slash doesn't do that, who knows what kind of record they could make. If they want a reunion so bad why they leave? Axl is still liable to be late and want to record epic ballads. These are rich guys and Azzof was just a greedy douche. He did get the Best Buy deal but failed to oversee or do any real promo for the band as promised. Just took the money and ran.

If they do a reunion it should be on their own terms with a shark like Azxof as far away from it as possible. Not just them turning up on stage together for the money. That would be the goat fuck of all time.

Human rights but not for rock stars. Axl has a choice and they can blackball him I guess. Shows how much he shouldn't have anything to do with them.

It's not as simple as that. Who's to say Slash etc were ready to do this reunion tour. Izzy hates touring and limelight and promo. Can Adler complete a show.

It's a lot for Axl to throw away. 30 songs he worked on for 10 years. So they try to get a reunion by shitting on his release, failing to set up a tour. And hope this will butter Axl up for a reunion tour which would ultimately destroy his creative career. And no, recycling UYI riffs and production isn't a creative career. Even Slash doesn't do that, who knows what kind of record they could make. If they want a reunion so bad why they leave? Axl is still liable to be late and want to record epic ballads. These are rich guys and Azzof was just a greedy douche. He did get the Best Buy deal but failed to oversee or do any real promo for the band as promised. Just took the money and ran.

If they do a reunion it should be on their own terms with a shark like Azxof as far away from it as possible. Not just them turning up on stage together for the money. That would be the goat fuck of all time.

How cool would it be if Axl no-showed the reunion gig.

Very cool.

How cool would it be if Axl no-showed the reunion gig.

Very cool.

It's also going to happen. Or stop the first song half way through to throw out a guy wearing a Where's DJ? shirt.
  • Like 1

They don't. Its just one of those things people claim to enjoy as part of an ulterior motive- like Slash's solo career. People claim to like it, because they think it'll help detract from Axl and post-Slash GNR.

no, we claim to enjoy it because we actually do enjoy it.

lol wut.

To answer bacardi. It's a GNR forum, people enjoying hard rock songs doesn't surprise me a bit.

But they're so shit and generic. They make Slash's stuff look like Nine Inch Nails.

please don't compare something as cool as Slash's stuff to something as shit as Nine inch nails

• Like 1