I'm seeing Kate fucking Bush tomorrow night.

Towelie

I have loved this woman since I was about 12 years old. I never thought the day would come when I would get to see the great lady herself. The shows are promising to be a real spectacle. It's going to be amazing! I predict a standing ovation before she's even sung a single note.

All hail, the original and the best, Kate Bush:

• Like 3

Unfortunately I'm loaded with cold and flu, but it ain't gonna stop me! I've wait 20 years for this. I just don't envy the poor fuckers sitting in front and behind me.

You're an asshole. It's people like you that make people like me sick to their stomach.

DAILY Mash:

KATE Bush is to lure her audience away from London to a place from which they will never return.

The singer’s 22 gigs, which have attracted more than 65 per cent of London’s vinyl collectors, were organised by the Mayor of London to clear the city of an infestation of ‘sensitive’ people.

Johnson said: “Men who read the liner notes while listening to albums and women who wear bangles and offer to read your tarot cards are a pestilence on our city.

“These people bore themselves into the very fabric of the capital, embedding themselves in wood-lined rooms with massive stereo speakers, and are almost impossible to root out.

“Bush will lead the audience out of the venue, along the fairy-tale Hammersmith Flyover and finally to a mountain where they will be sealed inside listening to Hounds of Love for all eternity.”

The mayor has no intention of paying Bush for the gigs, in the hope that she will punish London by luring away every teenager who listens to music on the bus without headphones.

Unfortunately I'm loaded with cold and flu, but it ain't gonna stop me! I've wait 20 years for this. I just don't envy the poor fuckers sitting in front and behind me.

You're an asshole. It's people like you that make people like me sick to their stomach.

Thanks.

But after having spent close to £500 on the whole thing I'll be fucked if I'm going to let a few sniffles keep me from going.

Edited by Towelie

DAILY Mash:

KATE Bush is to lure her audience away from London to a place from which they will never return.

The singer’s 22 gigs, which have attracted more than 65 per cent of London’s vinyl collectors, were organised by the Mayor of London to clear the city of an infestation of ‘sensitive’ people.

Johnson said: “Men who read the liner notes while listening to albums and women who wear bangles and offer to read your tarot cards are a pestilence on our city.

“These people bore themselves into the very fabric of the capital, embedding themselves in wood-lined rooms with massive stereo speakers, and are almost impossible to root out.

“Bush will lead the audience out of the venue, along the fairy-tale Hammersmith Flyover and finally to a mountain where they will be sealed inside listening to Hounds of Love for all eternity.”

The mayor has no intention of paying Bush for the gigs, in the hope that she will punish London by luring away every teenager who listens to music on the bus without headphones.

Thanks.

But after having spent close to £500 on the whole thing I'll be fucked if I'm going to let a few sniffles keep me from going.

Nah, just fucking. I would go too. Disease ridden and everything. KATE BUSH, SON!

I'm pretty sure whatever the setlist is going to be, isn't going to change much, curious if she'll be doing any dancing or leaving it to other people.

I'm sure there's going to be celebrities in the audience.

New documentary if you haven't seen it yet. I still can't get my head around how young she was when she wrote Kick Inside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjsL3x0NWyc#t=11

Fuck you Towelie! As we speak I've been watching the BBC doco on her life in celebration of the new shows and I came into MyWorld for the first time in aaaaages to specifically post about her magnificence and wondering if anyone was going to see her live........I'm sooooo jealous!!!! :lol:

How was it? You must tell!

And by the way, I'm not at all surprised to hear you're a huge Kate fan. Tori fans are usually Kate fans. :thumbsup:

Edit: OK, so you haven't seen her yet. I just realised that her first show is the 26th. I thought it was the 25th and all day today I thought it was the 27th. :lol: My bad.

Edited by Redhead74

I'd also like to add that I remember fondly jumping around the lounge room in 1985 to 'Running Up That Hill' mimicking Kate's moves as best I could. I was doing a lot of ballet at the time and I considered it better practice and training than the boring exercises my dowdy ballet teacher gave me. ;)

• Like 1

I was there, fourth row and really close to her.

She was visibly nervous through the first few songs, but once the "theater" part of the performance started the nerves seemed gone.

Really dissapointed she didn't play Wuthering Heights, and personally thought she could have shaved off some of the "theater" and played some more hits. But I guess I'm lucky enough to have been there.

Also heard a guy constantly boo'ing near the end. I think he wasn't a fan of the "theater" part :D

Yes, I read a mixed review. If you don't perform for decades, you get that kind of hype and I would have thought she would play the hits at least. In the paper, they called her ambitious and emotional, but also stubborn and pretentious.

Yes, I read a mixed review. If you don't perform for decades, you get that kind of hype and I would have thought she would play the hits at least. In the paper, they called her ambitious and emotional, but also stubborn and pretentious.

To be honest when the show first started and I saw the stage production I though: this is it? This is what she was charging so much money for? It was really basic! But once the "theater" part started it all made sense.

Last nights show at the Hammersmith blew any of my previous concert experiences out of the water.

Seriously guys, the rave reviews are not just media hysteria and hyperbole. This show really is something quite special, more like an elaborate theatrical production than a pop concert. Kate is remarkable throughout and her voice is in top form. The whole Ninth Wave part of the show is utterly breathtaking. There really are no words.... It has to be seen to be believed.

I don't know why some folks are complaining about the setlist... Did you really expect her to come out and do Wuthering Heights? She was 16 when she wrote that, she's 56 now. Anybody familiar with her last few albums would know she's a very different artist/singer nowadays. Wuthering Heights would've had to changed dramatically to be performed in 2014. Some things are best left alone.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1