Led Zeppelin tops guitar riffs list -

Zeppelin have no swing. It is just, Plant wailing like a woman with his big poncy hair do. It is just cacky songs about Elves and Lord of the Rings. Those are not 'rock n' roll' lyrics. There is no attitude or grease there. There is no way Zeppelin can be considered in the same league as The Stones - or for that matter, The Beatles, The Who, Kinks, Purple, Sabbath, Adler's Appetite - alright, I joke. Zeppelin fans are also the most intensely annoying rock n' roll fans ever.

The only way one might think all their songs are about elves and Lord of the Rings is if they have only heard The Battle of Evermore and Ramble On and nothing else. They absolutely have attitude, songs like When The Levee Breaks, The Lemon Song, How Many More Times, Heartbreaker, The Rover, The Wanton Song, etc. I consider full of attitude and groovy, dirty rock n' roll
  • Like 2

Zeppelin have no swing. It is just, Plant wailing like a woman with his big poncy hair do. It is just cacky songs about Elves and Lord of the Rings. Those are not 'rock n' roll' lyrics. There is no attitude or grease there. There is no way Zeppelin can be considered in the same league as The Stones - or for that matter, The Beatles, The Who, Kinks, Purple, Sabbath, Adler's Appetite - alright, I joke. Zeppelin fans are also the most intensely annoying rock n' roll fans ever.

The only way one might think all their songs are about elves and Lord of the Rings is if they have only heard The Battle of Evermore and Ramble On and nothing else. They absolutely have attitude, songs like When The Levee Breaks, The Lemon Song, How Many More Times, Heartbreaker, The Rover, The Wanton Song, etc. I consider full of attitude and groovy, dirty rock n' roll

People saying they don't have swing and all that miss the point- Zeppelin wasn't looking to swing so much as they were (and did) out-heavy everyone else.

• Like 1

Yes

Did someone in this thread really suggest that Adler is better than John Bonham?

Yes and they put Adler in the same league with Charlie Watts

I think even Steven when he is as high as the Empire State Builnding can tell them to fuck themselves with this stupid claim

• Like 1

Yes

Did someone in this thread really suggest that Adler is better than John Bonham?

I think even Steven when he is as high as the Empire State Builnding can tell them to fuck themselves with this stupid claim

When people are trying to make an extremely outlandish point, they tend to make extremely outlandish references.

Yes

When people are trying to make an extremely outlandish point, they tend to make extremely outlandish references.

I like your cold, calculated approach to explaining shit talkers lol. It's very official and scientific sounding. I agree though, and you just can't take people like that seriously.

Edited by Rovim

Qualitatively, nobody has made a comparison between Adler and Watts - it seems people need glasses here. Stylistically somebody has: me. And here is the original post:

What I mean is, there is no groove or sleaze there. Zeppelin possessed a big metal thumper, in Bonham, so they did not have the greasy groove of a Watts, Adler or a John Densmore. You simply get this massive 'bash bash' noise with Zeppelin.

What is there to refute here? Are you suggesting that Adler does not possess a groove and, in fact, drums in the Bonhamesque manner a la his successor and numerous Metal drummers (far too many to name)?

Qualitatively, nobody has made a comparison between Adler and Watts - it seems people need glasses here. Stylistically somebody has: me. And here is the original post:

What I mean is, there is no groove or sleaze there. Zeppelin possessed a big metal thumper, in Bonham, so they did not have the greasy groove of a Watts, Adler or a John Densmore. You simply get this massive 'bash bash' noise with Zeppelin.

What is there to refute here? Are you suggesting that Adler does not possess a groove and, in fact, drums in the Bonhamesque manner a la his successor and numerous Metal drummers (far too many to name)?

No, you're right, Adler is a much better drummer compared to Bonham. Bonham just doesn't have the groove and sleaze. It's all just bash bash noise. All of it. No groove.

But this is expected, since Led Zeppelin were just a bunch of larpers that made music about elfs and lord of the rings type tales. I totally get where you're coming from.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1