arby's offers $10 meat mountain

WFA

Arby's really is the greatest. I'm not sure why it doesn't have a bigger fan base. We have one in my hometown and it's huge with the locals. It's known as a bit of an 'old people' spot but i don't think there is anyone who outright dislikes Arby's.

there is a Simpsons episode where one of the characters is upset about something they did in their dream [or something] and marge goes:

"i wouldn't worry about it, people do weird things in dreams. like, eat at arby's"

• Like 1

just saw this on the U. credits to Mister

Arby’s faced a key problem as it moved to attract customers: People thought the restaurant served mainly roast beef. To change that, the company made this poster showing a tall stack of every meat on the menu, from bacon to brisket.

ARB14_Meatcraft_500.jpg

And then something unexpected happened.

“People started coming in and asking, ‘Can I have that?’” said Christopher Fuller, the company’s vice president of brand and corporate communications. So Arby’s began granting their wish.

The “Meat Mountain,” as it’s called, will not be listed on the menu, but store associates will make it for customers who ask. The price is $10. For that, you get a bun and, from the bottom up:

2 chicken tenders

1.5 oz. of roast turkey

1.5 oz. of ham

1 slice of Swiss cheese

1.5 oz. of corned beef

1.5 oz. brisket

1.5 oz. of Angus steak

1 slice of cheddar cheese

1.5 oz. roast beef

3 half-strips of bacon

Arby’s says the Meat Mountain is so tall that it won’t fit into the traditional clamshell packaging. So if you dare to scale the Mountain, it will come wrapped in paper.

Leon Scott's review

Looks absolutely disgusting.

• Like 1

Arby's really is the greatest. I'm not sure why it doesn't have a bigger fan base. We have one in my hometown and it's huge with the locals. It's known as a bit of an 'old people' spot but i don't think there is anyone who outright dislikes Arby's.

there is a Simpsons episode where one of the characters is upset about something they did in their dream [or something] and marge goes:

"i wouldn't worry about it, people do weird things in dreams. like, eat at arby's"

or

"I'm so hungry I could puke."

"I'm so hungry I could eat at Arby's"

(Gasps)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I mean yeah it looks fine, and I may even stop and get one, but have none of you been to a deli? At any decent deli you'll get a good 4 inches or so of stacked meat. And usually it will be Boar's Head or some other quality meat.

You mean fast food ISN'T the best value out there? You lying sonofabitch.

These are delicious. I've had 2.

In one sitting? If not, challenge extended, pussy.

• Like 1

I mean yeah it looks fine, and I may even stop and get one, but have none of you been to a deli? At any decent deli you'll get a good 4 inches or so of stacked meat. And usually it will be Boar's Head or some other quality meat.

You mean fast food ISN'T the best value out there? You lying sonofabitch.

These are delicious. I've had 2.

In one sitting? If not, challenge extended, pussy.
Not in one sitting, however challenge accepted.

Slightly off topic: I hate when people call msl "mister" because at first glance I always think they're talking about miser.

You hate when people call him by his name? The name on his ID is Mister Saint Laurent

One of the gayer bits of information I've been privy to on the forums. :lol:

He showed me his ID nothing gay about that :shrugs:

anyways i had one of these today. it was delicious but very salty

The Mister or the Meat Mountain?

In the right mood, I could probably get through two of them. I put this one down fairly easily and quickly tonight.

Well worth the price, and I could see myself getting another sometime soon.

The Mister or the Meat Mountain?

• Like 1