Police kill unarmed white guy, again

shades

While Ferguson, Missouri, burns with racism and rioting, misinformation and mayhem over the Michael Brown shooting, another American city is also grappling with the death of an unarmed young man at the hands of police. The incident occurred just two days after the Ferguson event, but, unlike in that case, where a white cop shot a black youth, in this instance the races are reversed. Unlike in Ferguson, there is no allegation that the young man attacked the officer. And there is another difference:

The national media, Attorney General Holder, and Barack Obama are silent.

The young man was 20-year-old Salt Lake City resident and father-to-be Dillon Taylor. Taylor was leaving the 2102 South State Street 7-Eleven on August 11 with his brother, Jerrail Taylor, and cousin, Adam Thayne, when the incident occurred.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/crime/item/18965-black-cop-kills-unarmed-white-youth-media-and-feds-silent

shit happens

• Like 2

cute, the three gay guys get together and do a little slide show

DramaQueenz.jpg

and on topic you made my point, not worth talking about is it?

The double standard that some posters on here have about dems and republicans is pretty funny.

I'm normally on the republican side of things, but I would have LOVED for Obama to be the most successful president in history. And if our next president is a democrat, I'll hope that he is the most successful president we've ever had. I want our country to succeed and I don't care who is in charge when it happens.

But do you think the dems, Canadians and certain posters on here would say the same thing about a republican president? Their entire mantra is "blame republicans, republicans are evil." Seems like they would love for the country to fail just so they could post funny memes and write rants about how evil republicans are!!!! Weird.

DramaQueenz.jpg

The double standard that some posters on here have about dems and republicans is pretty funny.

I'm normally on the republican side of things, but I would have LOVED for Obama to be the most successful president in history. And if our next president is a democrat, I'll hope that he is the most successful president we've ever had. I want our country to succeed and I don't care who is in charge when it happens.

But do you think the dems, Canadians and certain posters on here would say the same thing about a republican president? Their entire mantra is "blame republicans, republicans are evil." Seems like they would love for the country to fail just so they could post funny memes and write rants about how evil republicans are!!!! Weird.

What? I thought you lived in Australia?

DramaQueenz.jpg

First of all, your use of blackness and gayness to refer to us makes our point.

Secondly, I'm no expert on police statistics, but I'd guess that police kill unarmed individuals moderately often. The Salt Lake City police department is withholding information until they finish their investigation, some sources say the kid did have a gun, some say he didn't. In the article you linked, this section:

According to Sweeten, the officers demanded that the suspect and the two others surrender.

The suspect did not follow orders and was shot.

is really the only part that explains the details of what happened..... it's not very detailed. Let's wait before we jump to using the racial card,

Edited by OmarBradley
  • Like 3

DramaQueenz.jpg

I take issue with Republicans because of what they stand for. Anti-science, anti-inclusiveness, anti-education, anti-immigration, anti-poverty prevention, anti-climate change, anti-infrastructure. The current state of the Republican party is pitiful. It is not the party that it once was even ten years ago (let alone the glory days of Eisenhower and Reagan). It use to be the "big tent" party that attempted to appeal to as many factions as possible. Now, it appeals to older, white Americans.

It has nothing to do with wanting the country to fail because Republicans may be in charge at that present time. I actually take issue with many Democrats who bow to corporate influence (i.e Senator Chuck Schummer is a prime example).

So please Groghan, let's stop the false equivalency and projection. Taking issue with the many planks of the Republican platform has nothing to do with hating on America. I'm a huge fan of America (it's why I got my degrees on the topic). Generally, there's direct relationship between the health of the United States and Canada. So why would I ever want the U.S. to fail?

• Like 2

First of all, your use of blackness and gayness to refer to us makes our point.

Secondly, I'm no expert on police statistics, but I'd guess that police kill unarmed individuals moderately often.

Bingo!

Not that I expect Shades to actually click this link and read actual facts, since it would challenge his ignorant world view, but an article over at Quartz this morning proves your point:

"Blacks in the US are killed by law enforcement at three times the rate of whites."

http://qz.com/256610/this-chart-shows-that-nationwide-blacks-killed-by-law-enforcement-at-3x-the-rate-of-whites/

In the state of Missouri, where Michael Brown was shot to death, you're twice as likely to be killed by a police officer if you're black than you're white.

This is why the first three responders (including myself) to Shades's thread made jokes. It's a joke subject, attempting to make false parallels between a much rare occurrence of a white person being (possibly) killed as a result of police incompetence and the systemic issue of black Americans being targeted by law enforcement.

John Stewart f'n destroyed arguments like the one Shades and other continues to make on this:

Those living in the U.S.: http://thedailyshow.cc.com/full-episodes/mglrnd/august-26--2014---david-rose

Those living in Canada: http://www.thecomedynetwork.ca/shows/thedailyshow?vid=424507

Edited by downzy
  • Like 1

all that matters to me, concerning you, is that you know I would kick your stupid ass if I could get my hands on you.

Other than that your know-it-all, condescending, arrogant, pretentious babble is nothing more than entertainment for your gay following.

you have no idea how stupid you sound to the rest of us.

• Like 1

all that matters to me, concerning you, is that you know I would kick your stupid ass if I could get my hands on you.

Other than that your know-it-all, condescending, arrogant, pretentious babble is nothing more than entertainment for your gay following.

I actually laughed at this post. Kick his stupid ass Shades, kick it.

• Like 2

When Shades says "the rest of us," am I alone in thinking this is what he's referring to?

kkk-rally-before-ole-miss-game-thumb-400

Edited by downzy
  • Like 1

I actually laughed at this post. Kick his stupid ass Shades, kick it.

tumblr_lzqkb7nRDo1qcv6uto1_500.gif

• Like 1

DramaQueenz.jpg

the republican climate change denying is seriously concerning / dangerous and deserves all the ridicule in the world.

you may be reasonable (i'm not saying you are /aren't) but those voices have hijacked the Republican party. It's up to you to respond. we, for the record, are going to drag that party through the mud.

if you want parity, Obama's health care is a handjob to insurance companies. so there you go.

DramaQueenz.jpg

the republican climate change denying is seriously concerning / dangerous and deserves all the ridicule in the world.

you may be reasonable (i'm not saying you are /aren't) but those voices have hijacked the Republican party. It's up to you to respond. we, for the record, are going to drag that party through the mud.

if you want parity, Obama's health care is a handjob to insurance companies. so there you go.

Sorry bo, I'm not the defender of either party.

I tend to vote more on the republican side of things, but not all the time. And like I said, I hoped that Obama would have ended up being a great president. And if a dem wins the next election, I'll be rooting for them to succeed.

Completely tying yourself to one party, or thinking that one party is right and one is evil and always wrong........just never understood that type of logic. I'm not one of those people who define themselves by which party they belong to.

Personally, I think the majority of people in both parties are corrupt and that special interest groups run both parties. I think a lot of people start off in politics with good intentions, but the further up the ladder they go, they can't change the corrupt machine and they get tied into it.

• Like 2

I'm normally on the republican side of things, but I would have LOVED for Obama to be the most successful president in history. And if our next president is a democrat, I'll hope that she is the most successful president we've ever had.

Hillary_Clinton_official_Secretary_of_St

Fixed.

Edited by Kasanova King

I'm normally on the republican side of things, but I would have LOVED for Obama to be the most successful president in history. And if our next president is a democrat, I'll hope that she is the most successful president we've ever had.

Hillary_Clinton_official_Secretary_of_St

Fixed.

Now that would be scary.

Have you read about how her and Bill made their initial fortunes?

DramaQueenz.jpg

Sorry bo, I'm not the defender of either party.

I tend to vote more on the republican side of things, but not all the time. And like I said, I hoped that Obama would have ended up being a great president. And if a dem wins the next election, I'll be rooting for them to succeed.

Completely tying yourself to one party, or thinking that one party is right and one is evil and always wrong........just never understood that type of logic. I'm not one of those people who define themselves by which party they belong to.

Personally, I think the majority of people in both parties are corrupt and that special interest groups run both parties. I think a lot of people start off in politics with good intentions, but the further up the ladder they go, they can't change the corrupt machine and they get tied into it.

i'm with ya all the way brother. i think the majority of people don't align themselves with 'the party line' - which means - these party lines - are deader than michael jackson. the idea that the USA has 2 parties - is fucking ridiculous.you can have your own personal views but when you vote, you have to choose. and in 08' your vote for republican party was a vote for sarah. palin.

thats. fucked.

hilary clinton is as scary as sarah palin.

i'm not a partisan commentator.

i swear to dicks i'll run canada one day and you're all on notice.

(i'll make bacardimayne vice president of erections)

• Like 2