Nine year old girl accidentally kills gun instructor with an Uzi

Georgy Zhukov

I have no doubt the guy was well trained and experienced, but safety protocol goes out the window when you give that weapon to that kid. Even if you're doing everything "right", there's nothing safe about that. The guy was apparently too comfortable around guns or too confident in himself to recognize that and say 'no' to the parents.

• Like 2

to be honest i think most in this country think giving a 9 year old an uzi is quite insane.

Right. This isn't representative of how most 9 year old American children spend their day. Which explains why it's news.

I know they're not charging the little girl obviously, but hopefully they're investigating the parents to find out what their deal is.

• Like 2

Obviously the guy owned the girl money. He wouldn't pay up so she shot him. Cold.

I don't think I've met any child that has a desire to shoot a real gun.

Yeah, you don't know many kids then. They would love to fire a real gun.

Exactly right Georgy! As a 9 year old I (and pretty much any other little boy of that age ever) would've loved nothing more than to be given an Uzi to play with. Thankfully however, where I'm from that was rightly considered to be insane and I had to (quite rightly) settle for a cap gun.

to be honest i think most in this country think giving a 9 year old an uzi is quite insane.

Just because some well off kids parents let some unqualified guy teach her how to fire an Uzi, doesn't mean there is an Uzi epidemic in the United States. Not like this is glue sniffing or auto-erotic asphyxiation.

Not trying to be a dick, but apparently the guy was very qualified. He had something like 13 years of instructor experience + military experience. All of the articles I've read say he followed protocol, and no one can figure out why it happened. Just goes to show, not matter how much experience on has with weaponry, following safety protocol does not guarantee safety.....

Then he should have known what a recoil would do on a short barrel weapon in the hands of an 9 year old girl. Short barrels on full auto = heavy recoil. Some kid accidently shot himself that way. If the gun was nailed down then it would have been fine.

We here are appalled at how willingly Britain and Australia handed over their rights to own, keep, and shoot firearms, and hunt.

Who's this "we" you speak of? You and Mr. Heston? Most people in the US are in favor of stricter gun laws.

Quinnipiac poll showing support for stricter gun control legislation in the US at 50% in favor of, and 47% against. 3% are unsure with a margin of error of 2.6%

So, about half of the population of the United States is the we that I "speak of". In my part of the country, the South, it is probably more like 70% opposed to more regulation.

http://www.pollingreport.com/guns.htm

• Like 1