How much longer do we have?

Jakey Styley

Many people thought the end was near a thousand years ago (or more). Fact is, we have no fucking clue. So there's little use in spending your life worrying about it.

Yeah, but a thousand years ago the earth did not have bilions of people nor did people have technology capable of destroying it.

That's a good point, when you start to consider what society deems normality or what scripts the media spews out and how much keeping up with the jones's and endless edutainment fills the corners of your existence, the factories of school, service and employment looks like simple deus ex machine for the stream of soft progression, then he next puppet bogey man set up by the west decades before takes a fall and the new sparkling suited facial hairless fuck sings and dances for a while then you'll either be dead eventually or propped up with a cane and drip feed in a hospital bed or nursing home wondering where the fuck the time went and who sold it off for disposable profits.

Hmm maybe when the sun stops burning hydrogen in 6 billion years or so? But hopefully we'll have ventured to other worlds long before that happens. Sorry just thought I'd bring some optimism to the thread :)

Humans will have evolved long before then, if they haven't been wiped out by then.

Edited by AtariLegend

So like, a modern dark ages?

I don't see running out of resources being a problem during our lifetimes. At least not enough to drastically change the way people live.

If 9/11 didn't start World War 3, I don't know what will. I think we're safe from that for the moment.

Overpopulation could be the next big issue. I'm sure the world leaders have some sort of plan in place to deal with it though. Hasn't China had some sort of "one kid" rule going on for decades now?

Edited by bacardimayne

Given what we need and our life spans we aren't going anywhere. A shift in the climate and we over. It's crazy how many ways we have found to distract us from our situation. The basic instinct not to accept it. In ways we aren't doing too bad. Survival of the species is low on the voters priorities.

• Like 1

Who cares? We're a bunch of idiots on a floating rock in space. Dinosaurs used to be the fucking tits on this shithole and look what happened to them. Life is what you make of it.

Maybe we're all just one fucking person. And every millibillifuckasecond you transfer from mind to mind. Simultaneously a rapist and a hero.

Maybe every fucking thing that's ever happened is the universe. Our understanding of this shit likely isn't even close. We're just a piece of dust on the corner of the wall of Big Bubs bathroom.

There's a party and a warzone going on in the depths of my dildo.

• Like 2

scale is an issue. there's no way to know we aren't inside a molecule. to be honest if Bill Gates popped up on twitter and told us it was all a virtual reality gameshow run by aliens I'd be relieved as fuck. as strong as our minds are at creating this consciousness between us, how long can it last before our brains evolve to a default setting of this is bullshit! We are all pretty limited. I mean I virtually cut my thumb off opening a can of soup. I doubt I'll be saving anyone come the apocalypse.

No one really knows. it's just clear that we're going downhill and picking up speed. Financial collapse will probably come before serious resource issues. And by "serious" of course I mean when the developed world starts to experience what much of the rest of the world does.