hardest gnr song to replicate - locomotive wins it

I don't think any band ever can replicate a GnR song. GnR is just to badass and mean sounding to ever replicate and their epics are too over the top. Also those lyrics are either to rude or personal to ever be sung by other artist.

So every GnR song wins.

• Like 1

For me, Locomotive is a pain in the arse to play on drums. The timing is a little weird during the chorus… Keep in mind, I am not the most talented drummer in the universe either. I can play it, but it is "uncomfortable".

Locomotive with Steven Adler on drums sounded even better:

Despite the mistakes, that Steven groove is just impossible to replicate, the way he makes the hi-hat and crash cymball sound is so recognizable, instant AFD flashback!

He wrote most if not all the UYI drum parts.

On a side note:

I'm not a drummer neither ever played drums in my life; still one day around 15 years ago I was listening to a unknown tune on the radio and I thought... that druming, must be Steven Adler! Latter they announced it was Vain with the song Cindy; I went to the internet to search details for it only to find out that the drummer was indeed Steven Adler!!

Here's what I'm talking about, 2 examples where the drummer is Steven and you know it imidiatelly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX3NEJSzqSg

Edited by Klay
  • Like 1

This is a cool thread.

How bout Coma, Could you see anyone else but GnR doing it.

Probably a few bands musically but man without those Axl vocals especially on the outro I don't think the song would be the same. Honestly Axl himself could not do it nowadays. Coma was forever lost in time as Axl aged and wasted away his great 90s voice :/

To be honest, like it or not, the hardest thing to replicate in GN'R is Axl's voice.

Everything else can be replicated realistically enough to fool most of us.

not really.. these guys can't even speak english

most people just don't try to sound like axl

Edited by spliff

These tribute bands leave me a funny feeling, they seem closer and closer to the real thing!

That Axl impersonator from Dust N' Bones does sounds close, as well as the rest of the band, it gives you flashbacks to the real thing!

Still I would be able to tell the difference to the real and only one Axl :)

Thanks for sharing!

no doubt.. im not a huge fan of tribute bands but this guy really nailed it.. considering english isn't his first language

pretty sure they don't do this anymore.. I read in the comments a while ago that he's doing his own thing now a days