Down by the ocean

Surely, it became this:

You can tell that Izzy was the foundation musically by listening to shit like this. I hear a little bit of GNR in some of Slash's shit. I hear a little in Duff's music, but when I hear some of Izzy's songs? It's like 75% classic GNR. If you took that song, put Axl's melodies and voice on it, Duff's baseline and a Slash solo...it's a brand new original GNR song.

To be honest - that song is practically a cover of 'Sweet Home Alabama' with different words

Yeah, just like Used to Love Her is practically Dead Flowers. My point is, that sound is classic GNR.

Acoustic reworks of Sweet Hole Alabama isn't classic GNR in my opinion. It would fit nicely on the B Side of Lies though

do you think any former appetite members will be on a new gnr release in the future? I think seeing a feature on next album might be asking to much but i think before Axl is done with music we will see a colab with izzy and duff and maybe slash even.

The first step ig is if Axl puts the izzy song on an album. If I'm not mistaken down by the ocean is the izzy song. Could someone give me some info on this song? I'm mostly wondering if it has iZzy on guitar or is it just written in part by Mr stradlin

I think it's just written by Izzy.

Maybe Duff, no fuckin' way Axl will work with Slash imo, and maybe Izzy, but I don't think so. Best chance for a classic line up member to guest on a song or two is Duff, but we'll see.

Izzy and duff could work it up with Axl; then bring a recording to slash.

do you think any former appetite members will be on a new gnr release in the future? I think seeing a feature on next album might be asking to much but i think before Axl is done with music we will see a colab with izzy and duff and maybe slash even.

The first step ig is if Axl puts the izzy song on an album. If I'm not mistaken down by the ocean is the izzy song. Could someone give me some info on this song? I'm mostly wondering if it has iZzy on guitar or is it just written in part by Mr stradlin

I think it's just written by Izzy.

Maybe Duff, no fuckin' way Axl will work with Slash imo, and maybe Izzy, but I don't think so. Best chance for a classic line up member to guest on a song or two is Duff, but we'll see.

Izzy and duff could work it up with Axl; then bring a recording to slash.

It will never happen. Axl demands a public apology, Slash won't fuckin' do it (and why should he?) Axl is stubborn as shit, Slash ain't gonna bend over. It's over.

I think it would be a coup for Axl to get Izzy sting on Down by the Ocean. If he got Duff to lay down some bass it would really be something. I think Slash brings too much sound wise and it would be too constricting. I don't think he'd want to donate a solo.

My own reading of the scenario is this.

It was basically Duff's attempt to get Guns started again. Axl was not really turning up to the studio and acting like, well, Axl Rose, so Duff thought: ''I will bring Izzy in and we will record some demos to sort of use as a platform for a new gnr album''. It was what Slash tried earlier with Gilby and Matt - the demos which both Axl and Duff were unconvinced upon. It is the whole idea of, having something to present to Axl to work upon, to get him out of his lethargic ways. And it failed - as did Slash's attempt.

Again, that is my reading of the events in 1995.

Axl seems to come round to both their material. I reckon he was just at home working on TIL. He wasn't there for much of UYI either. Seems he gathers material music to sing on. So writing lyrics maybe what he's doing. I do think Axl wasn't showing enough interest in them. They were in the dark.

He should have just worked on their material until he found his inspiration for what eventually became Chinese Democracy.