ISIS Eyeing Mexican Border Entry Into the U.S. (Confirmed False By Captain America).

Ace Nova

ISIS can have Texas. It is starting to look like a middle eastern country. Oil rigs and dried up lands thanks to fraking.

Just out of curiosity, haven't the oil rigs been there for over 50 years....as in 50 years before fracking?

Well that water could be used for the state's drought problems.

Whatever happened to Napalm? That orange stuff sprayed out of planes during the Viet Nam invasion. It would set anything on fire that it touched. Why doesn't anyone use that anymore?

I think that you might be confusing Agent Orange with napalm. Agent Orange is a herbicidal defoliant that was used, primarily, around bases and water ways to deprive the enemy of cover. Generally, they would spray on area a few hundred meters along the waterways to kill the plant life. That would make setting ambushes much more difficult without the cover... same with bases; hard to attack a fire base across several hundred meters of cleared ground.

Napalm was used in flame throwers and as bombs. It is a gellied gasoline like substance that sticks to, and burns, whatever it comes into contact with... like humans. It is said that it would put the fear of god into even the most ardent atheist communist.

ISIS can have Texas. It is starting to look like a middle eastern country. Oil rigs and dried up lands thanks to fraking.

Just out of curiosity, haven't the oil rigs been there for over 50 years....as in 50 years before fracking?

Yep. Colorado governor drinks Haliburton frack fluid:

Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper went to unusually great lengths to learn firsthand the strides the oil and gas industry has made to minimize environmental harm from fracking.

The first-term Democrat and former Denver mayor told a Senate committee on Tuesday that he actually drank a glass of fracking fluid produced by oilfield services giant Halliburton.

Too bad fracking only makes a profit in ZIRP world. So as soon as that's done, which will be a while still, fracking is done too, and local communities will be fucked.

Care to elaborate? Fracking is one of the safest means of extraction on the planet. I challenge anyone: find one example, one, where a fracked bore hole, or an injection well, has polluted the water table. You can't because it has never happened. In the hundreds of thousands of fracked bores, there should be at least one example if the process was as dangerous as the anti-frac zealots paint it to be. They use half-truths, mis-truths, and out right lies to feed a gullible public their obfuscation.

Hell, the science involved prohibits water table contamination from happening. And before someone tries sneak some spill from a flowback tank or pond. or a truck spill, that is a regulatory matter; the process itself is as safe as anything.

So, instead of relying on the lies of these anti-science greenies, do you own research and you too will see through their bullshit.

Now, the reason the profits are low now is because of a glut in the market due to all the supply that resulted from the boom that occurred when directional drilling methods became practical 10-20 years ago. There is about 50-70 years worth of oil left on the planet... maybe less! The are hundreds of years worth of extractable hydrocarbons in those shales. People are kidding themselves it they think these resources won't be exploited.

Too bad fracking only makes a profit in ZIRP world. So as soon as that's done, which will be a while still, fracking is done too, and local communities will be fucked.

Care to elaborate? Fracking is one of the safest means of extraction on the planet. I challenge anyone: find one example, one, where a fracked bore hole, or an injection well, has polluted the water table. You can't because it has never happened. In the hundreds of thousands of fracked bores, there should be at least one example if the process was as dangerous as the anti-frac zealots paint it to be. They use half-truths, mis-truths, and out right lies to feed a gullible public their obfuscation.

Hell, the science involved prohibits water table contamination from happening. And before someone tries sneak some spill from a flowback tank or pond. or a truck spill, that is a regulatory matter; the process itself is as safe as anything.

So, instead of relying on the lies of these anti-science greenies, do you own research and you too will see through their bullshit.

Now, the reason the profits are low now is because of a glut in the market due to all the supply that resulted from the boom that occurred when directional drilling methods became practical 10-20 years ago. There is about 50-70 years worth of oil left on the planet... maybe less! The are hundreds of years worth of extractable hydrocarbons in those shales. People are kidding themselves it they think these resources won't be exploited.

I'm saying nothing of environmental consequences as it's either too soon to tell or governments have successfully redacted reports about it.

Profits are non existent because it's not a cost effective practice and it's being artificially propped up by super low interest rates. I've never seen anyone reputable say there are hundreds of years worth of energy that is realistically extractable. Link?

Quick google finds contaminated water report:

The 243 cases, from 2008 to 2014, include some where a single drilling operation impacted multiple water wells. The problems listed in the documents include methane gas contamination, spills of wastewater and other pollutants, and wells that went dry or were otherwise undrinkable. Some of the problems were temporary, but the names of landowners were redacted, so it wasn’t clear if the problems were resolved to their satisfaction. Other complaints are still being investigated.

http://wivb.com/2014/08/28/243-cases-in-pa-where-fracking-contaminated-wells/

Edited by magisme

Georgy... I live in Texas. :o

You got guns?

Eh, you'll be fine.

Austin is one eclectic city, The Music Capital of The Nation. Hill Country is sublime with the many vinyards and incredible oak trees. Driving back from San Antonio there's The Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch. There are parts of Texas that are beautiful. They have Mardi Gras in Galveston each year. Texas is a big place.

http://www.austintexas.org/visit/music-scene/

http://www.texashillcountry.com/

http://www.southernliving.com/travel/south-west/texas-hill-country

https://wildliferanchtexas.com/

http://www.usatoday.com/experience/weekend/my-weekend-experience/10best-drive-through-animal-safaris/9729419/

http://www.mardigrasgalveston.com/

And yes, I'm a responsible gun owner. :)

I'm saying nothing of environmental consequences as it's either too soon to tell or governments have successfully redacted reports about it.

Citation needed. Shit man, that sounds like something from Ratbrain, not you.

Profits are non existent because it's not a cost effective practice and it's being artificially propped up by super low interest rates.

It's not cost effective because of a worldwide glut! Prices of natural gas are the same today as they were in 1980, and people are still making profits from it, anyway.

I've never seen anyone reputable say there are hundreds of years worth of energy that is realistically extractable. Link?

8 trillion barrels of oil from keragen rich shale( with the vast majority of it located in the US~60%): http://pubs.usgs.gov/sir/2005/5294/pdf/sir5294_508.pdf

1 trillion barrels of oil left in conventional reservoirs: http://www.eia.gov/forecasts/ieo/index.cfm

^^^ That is not including the natural gas reserves.

Quick google finds contaminated water report:

The 243 cases, from 2008 to 2014, include some where a single drilling operation impacted multiple water wells. The problems listed in the documents include methane gas contamination, spills of wastewater and other pollutants, and wells that went dry or were otherwise undrinkable. Some of the problems were temporary, but the names of landowners were redacted, so it wasn’t clear if the problems were resolved to their satisfaction. Other complaints are still being investigated.

Did you even read it?!? Those were complaints from home owners; not factual determinations! As I wrote earlier, there have been spill into local waterways from flowback tanks, or spill during transportation, but never from a fracked bore hole or injection well. NEVER!

The people making these claims are ignorant as shit about the process. Hydraulic fracturing of shales occurs miles beneath the water tables.

Oh look, a waterfall is on fire. It must be those damn frackers! <rollseyes>

pTdd6Zp.jpg

0w4zyHS.jpg

They can have Rick Perry.

He was pretty funny on Jimmy Kimmel a few months ago. He extrapolated that marijuana can't be bad for you because his friend, Willie Nelson, has been smoking it for decades

Complaints from homeowners? From the article:

companies prospecting for oil or gas were found by state regulators to have contaminated private drinking water wells.

Redacted report about fracking's effect on housing prices:

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2014/aug/10/fracking-censored-house-price-report

A letter published with the report said: "There is a strong public interest in withholding the information because it is important that officials can consider implications of potential impacts and scenarios around the development of the shale gas industry and to develop options without the risk that disclosure of early thinking could close down discussion."

And those links lead to websites or whole reports. I don't have time for that. Point to where your claims are backed up, please.

Complaints from homeowners? From the article:

companies prospecting for oil or gas were found by state regulators to have contaminated private drinking water wells.

Redacted report about fracking's effect on housing prices:

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2014/aug/10/fracking-censored-house-price-report

A letter published with the report said: "There is a strong public interest in withholding the information because it is important that officials can consider implications of potential impacts and scenarios around the development of the shale gas industry and to develop options without the risk that disclosure of early thinking could close down discussion."

The contaminated well was from flowback spills and and trucking spills. THAT IS A REGULATORY ISSUE. It has nothing to do with facked bore holes or injection wells, or the process in creating them.

Re: house prices falling. Yeah, because idiots that don't know a damn thing about the process have frightened potential home owners.

For future reference, could provide a reliable source, and not some news article. I mean I could quote Brietbart and Drudge and be just as valid as The Guardian or USA today. Thanks.

:lol:

OK, buddy. Between this and the other thread, I see what you're about. Have a good one.

What the hell is that supposed to mean? You took up a challenge that I made to produce evidence that hydraulic fracturing of rock units, or injections wells, disturb the water table. You didn't meet the challenge.

I presented the challenge because I know that there is no evidence of it happening, ever, but it is instructive to let others, with preconceived notions about fracking, discover the truth about on their own... as they try to prove me wrong... that it is safe and reliable.

Whatever happened to Napalm? That orange stuff sprayed out of planes during the Viet Nam invasion. It would set anything on fire that it touched. Why doesn't anyone use that anymore?

I think that you might be confusing Agent Orange with napalm. Agent Orange is a herbicidal defoliant that was used, primarily, around bases and water ways to deprive the enemy of cover. Generally, they would spray on area a few hundred meters along the waterways to kill the plant life. That would make setting ambushes much more difficult without the cover... same with bases; hard to attack a fire base across several hundred meters of cleared ground.

Napalm was used in flame throwers and as bombs. It is a gellied gasoline like substance that sticks to, and burns, whatever it comes into contact with... like humans. It is said that it would put the fear of god into even the most ardent atheist communist.

Yep. Colorado governor drinks Haliburton frack fluid:

Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper went to unusually great lengths to learn firsthand the strides the oil and gas industry has made to minimize environmental harm from fracking.

The first-term Democrat and former Denver mayor told a Senate committee on Tuesday that he actually drank a glass of fracking fluid produced by oilfield services giant Halliburton.

You're right about this. It was agent orange. ...

No wait, The part I was confused on is the dropping it out of a plane. I meant Napalm. I meant the stuff that is a gel that burns everything it comes into contact with and is used in flame throwers also.

They can have Rick Perry.

I didn't meant to 'like' this Georgy. I would rather have him for President than Hillary. I still like you though Georgy. :)

Edited by AdriftatSea

Napalm is effective if they are in a cave. Sucks out all the oxygen so the lungs collapsed. Used to great effect in The Pacific. Not sure how effective it was in Vietnam. Viet Cong and the NVA (whom the latter the US mostly fought, Viet Cong got their asses handed to them during the Tet Offensive) used the jungle to their advantage so burning the shit out of it must have helped.

In Texas, I don't think napalm is a good idea. It would end up burning down people's homes. Drone strikes and AC-130's would be ideal.

If you are going to fight them, just remember if you fight, it is to the death. Don't let them take you alive.

• Like 1

No need to use any of those weapons. That technology is 50+ years old. There's a reason we spend what we do on the military. Drones (or pretty much any fighter jet or helicopter) would selectively take these guys out with little to no collateral damage. (If a few of them even made it as far as the border). And if they were smart enough to hide from them, then they would have Special Forces and Navy Seals to deal with. They wouldn't make it very far.

Edited by Kasanova King

Don't underestimate these guys. They are the worse of the worse. Worse than Call of Duty baddies. They make the Taliban, Al Qaida and insurgents in Iraq look like Italian soldiers during the North Africa campaign. They will be our toughest foe since the Vietnamese.

Don't underestimate these guys. They are the worse of the worse. Worse than Call of Duty baddies. They make the Taliban, Al Qaida and insurgents in Iraq look like Italian soldiers during the North Africa campaign. They will be our toughest foe since the Vietnamese.

Unfortunately, they are well aware of current events....and the fact that Obama prides himself in ending the Iraq war and has a foreign policy of little-to-no intervention.

If we were to actually put troops in Iraq, we would wipe the majority of them out within weeks....and the rest within months. They are no match for the strength of the U.S. Military. Vietnam's geographical/natural climate/vegetation, etc, is what made that war tough. Let me be perfectly clear...Iraq is not and will never be a Vietnam. It is literally the PERFECT landscape that our military is designed for and has trained for over the past 20+ years. We would literally kick their asses.