Live ERA 87 -93 YCBM Vocals....

Thanks for the replies guys. I had no idea some of the Live Era vocals were re-recorded. Still a great live Album!

How can it be a live album, when it's not live? I don't mean to be an ass, but once I found out I was duped way back when, that album never got played again. If I want a studio recording, I'll listen to one. If I want a live recording, I'll listen to a bootleg. But listening to a fake live record?

That's just horse shit lol

I hate to burst your bubble, but almost all live albums are sweetened up in the studio.

I know that NOW, but back when I was younger I had no clue. As such those albums no longer get played and I don't even buy them anymore. Thank god for youtube. You can listen to all of Live Era in it's original form. That's how I listen to live recordings now.

Axl's re-recorded parts on that album are some of his best vocals ever. People need to stop complaining that they got "ripped off" because the album wasn't 100% live. If you're a GnR fan you cant not enjoy most of this album unless if you force yourself not to

There is a youtube montage of the entire Live Era record in it's unaltered original form. That's how THIS GNR fan listens to the record.

There's also the poorly named "Live Era Unmastered" bootleg, with the undoctored versions of the songs (minus WWTJ and other songs that are not avalaible on boots, RQ for instance).

I wish he had been half as much perfectionist when he could've chosen Paris '92 as the only official release of the UYI line up instead of that Tokyo stuff.His performance is clearly the weak link on Tokyo, whereas the whole band is stellar on Paris.

There's also the poorly named "Live Era Unmastered" bootleg, with the undoctored versions of the songs (minus WWTJ and other songs that are not avalaible on boots, RQ for instance).

You mean an actual download? I own all the studio records AND, unfortunately Live Era, so I don't consider it stealing.

Edited by combos

Yeah, by this time everybody on GNR forums seems to know that pretty much all the songs on Live Era have been re-recorded by Axl Rose.

AND everybody on GNR forums also seems to know that "Live- Like a Suicide" (or the A side of GNR Lies) was not recorded live (it was recorded on studio and crowd noise was added later)

Which means, basically, that GNR has never released a real live recording on CD.

That's why I love GNR bootlegs.

They are so good, unbelieavebly good, that I actually feel sorry for the fake live albums.

Guess im in the minority. I love the Live Era album. There are some bad recordings ,sure, like SCOM which is just awful on it. But Rocket Queen and Night Train sound absolutely amazing on that album.

Rocket Queen has no rhythm guitar on it

Really weird cause they always had it live

At the end of Big Daddy the rerecorded Sweet Child and one that's on '87-'93 are from the same time just slightly different. That version of Rocket Queen is perfect altered or not. Not to forget mentioning the part where he sings maybe I'll get it right next time (I doubt it) on Estranged is missing I doubt it on the cd version. Night Train turns out to be the single worst on there for me, it should have been the complete opposite.

Edited by Street Of The Blues

I mean, I don't mind a bit of simulacre in listening to a live album. Life is but a dream. The general sound quality on Live Era is great, and it has some of Axl's best vocals. It's a fine balance between rasp and controlled quality singing.

My main issue with live era is the track list. Would have been great to hear a live right next door to hell or something with that sort of quality production, especially considering even the studio mix sort of neutered that song.

It is a very poor live album. I always venture to the bootlegs rather that mess of an album.

When it came out I was very excited, took it home and started listening to it...I had no idea back then it was rerecorded to such a heavy extent but was really disappointed by it for the most part, which shouldn't have happened considering how starved for GNR I was at the time.

Live Era is missing DTJ and Civil War.

I don't like the sound either, too much bass... and while I like the performance of November Rain and Rocket Queen, I'm still very disappointed of the re-recorded vocals. I don't care what other bands or labels do, if it's called "life album", it should be completely life. I'm glad they don't touch the music...

Edited by Free Bird