Radicals and Racists, Don't Point Your Finger At Me...You're One In A Million

Great song, great lyrics. You're a self righteous cunt if a minority has wronged you and you've never cslled them a chink fat fucking hooray for tolerance! hooray for tolerance! before.

I agree. Axl's guitarist was half black and his idols were gay. I don't think he was xenophobe or homophobe. Actions speak louder than words. To me, it's much worse when people say they're not racist/homophobe, because it's politically correct, but don't act accordingly.

I'm not racist, I have black friends.

I'm not homophobic, I've got a gay cousin.

It's a song in the voice of a "small town white boy" coming to the big city and realizing what a melting pot everything is. I don't think Axl's saying any of this is right or wrong, just writing about the reality what that's like. It's grim, but it's a fact for many people. If anything, he makes the character in it so deplorable that I find it hard to believe Axl would condone all of that.

Anyway, fun song, listen to it all the time. Don't like it as much as the "You're Crazy" version from that album (which I could listen to once an hour until I die).

• Like 2

It's a song in the voice of a "small town white boy" coming to the big city and realizing what a melting pot everything is. I don't think Axl's saying any of this is right or wrong, just writing about the reality what that's like. It's grim, but it's a fact for many people. If anything, he makes the character in it so deplorable that I find it hard to believe Axl would condone all of that.

Anyway, fun song, listen to it all the time. Don't like it as much as the "You're Crazy" version from that album (which I could listen to once an hour until I die).

This.

It's a weird song. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't. Musically and lyrically speaking I think it shows the real Axl. I have always seen him as the best representation of what a white american raised in the mid-west in the 60's is. Racist, ignorant, homophobe.

The bad thing is that he captured his ignorance in a song and that shit will remain like that forever.... And the worst thing is that he apparently didn't learn anything from that and is still an ignorant racist sexist person because in 2010 he attempted to insult a woman in this very own forum by calling her "lesbian" and other stuff, so yeah. That's what he is. Take it or leave it.

Edited by tinyrobot
  • Like 1

I love this song!

The words are so true to life and anyone who doesn't think so are lying to themselves.

Axl is singing about different prejudices in the world.

I love the "don't need to buy your gold chains today" because when I worked in NYC back in the 70's, there always was a few black guys trying to sell you gold chains. when I hear that line I just laugh because I've experienced it first hand.

I love this song!

The words are so true to life and anyone who doesn't think so are lying to themselves.

Axl is singing about different prejudices in the world.

I love the "don't need to buy your gold chains today" because when I worked in NYC back in the 70's, there always was a few black guys trying to sell you gold chains. when I hear that line I just laugh because I've experienced it first hand.

The only truth there is to that song is that racism, discrimination, xenophobia and homophobia exist. And Axl was not singing in third person. He was describing himself, terrified by the attack of the aliens. Like many Americans still feel invaded by people who are not like them and blame them for all the evils in the USA.

• Like 1

It's a weird song. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't. Musically and lyrically speaking I think it shows the real Axl. I have always seen him as the best representation of what a white american raised in the mid-west in the 60's is. Racist, ignorant, homophobe.

The bad thing is that he captured his ignorance in a song and that shit will remain like that forever.... And the worst thing is that he apparently didn't learn anything from that and is still an ignorant racist sexist person because in 2010 he attempted to insult a woman in this very own forum by calling her "lesbian" and other stuff, so yeah. That's what he is. Take it or leave it.

you're a puss

• Like 1

you're a puss
Er... Why?

It was a completely valid point. Was the pill a little hard to swallow?

I love it musically, and I think it's just raw, pure and honest Axl when it comes to the lyrics, which I also see as a portrait of many Americans of his generation. I think It'd be cool to ask Axl nowadays his thoughts on the song as he's a more mature and tolerant person now I think

you're a puss

awesome

You know what Nietzsche said about moral absolutism, don't you?

• Like 1

I remember that. And the admin removed the word "lesbian" saying it was a curse word that the anti cursing bot didn't recognize so he had to manually remove it.

I dont give a heck what Nietzche said. This is 2014. Some people are gay, some are straight. That's it. Live and let live.

I dont give a heck what Nietzche said. This is 2014. Some people are gay, some are straight. That's it. Live and let live.

This is a GNR forum.

Live and Let Die

This is a GNR forum.

Live and Let Die

I don't care. I say it the way I want. I want to live and let live.

For me, Axl's best vocal performance. When he kicks in with "Don't need your religion," the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

For me, Axl's best vocal performance. When he kicks in with "Don't need your religion," the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

Man, the vocals on the 2nd half of Lies really are incredible aren't they? If I had to pick my favorite vocal performances of all time- You're Crazy, Used to Love Her, Patience, and One in a Million would rank at or near the top of the list for sure.

Edited by Mr. Dude