Ritz 1988 or Paris 1992 - Better Show?

seely

Best Classic Show: Ritz 1988 or Paris 1992?  

83 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Watching Ritz 1988 show again fo the first time in a while, thought i'd do a poll on these two shows - generally perceived as the best/most favoured 'Classic GN'R' shows.

So - take your pick.

I go for Ritz 1988. Although Paris has more UYI tunes, I've always found myself preferring Ritz out of the two. A short, sharp and powerful show.

I don't dislike Paris, but i've never got the love for it as much as others. Steven Tyler and Joe Perry on Mama Kin is greatl, but the other guest performances never did much for me - probably would say otherwise had Jeff Beck actually managed to perform Locomotive.

The ritz wasn't a very good Guns show. It had mad energy, and all the classic Guns members. I like it.

Paris 92 was a great show. Not many mistakes (even if Duff gun fooked his bass line intro for SCOM) Axl was a beast in that show. But...no Izzy, Sorum no Steven, Tracy zig zag Roberta.

Technically, it's not even close. Paris 92 is a much better show. Crazy good Civil War and You Could Be Mine, amazing crowd, cool musical guests.

Edited by Rovim

One is a band in their absolute prime: their greatest line-up playing a set list comprising of their greatest album in a medium sized great venue with all sorts of crazy happenings. The other is a bloated stadium act, a shadow of its former self, with a cheesy backing band and rubber inflatables and silly costume changes. Obviously it is the Ritz.

For me its Paris. This was the gig that really cemented my love for Guns n Roses. I was a big fan when I recorded the Paris gig from Sky but fucking hell, I was obsessed with them once I watched it. I must have watched the Paris gig a thousand times and to me its what Guns n Roses is. I adore the Ritz gig too and I can see why many would prefer it, the raw energy of the five of them is immense but for me, its Paris.