Enderal: the Shards of Order(skyrim total conversion)

bran

is anyone else super excited about this? for those wondering what this is, it is a total conversion of skyrim, the game isnt finished yet but is very well into development, it is a sequel to the oblivion total conversion nehrim: at fates edge. nehrim is german voice acted with english subtitles, enderal will have english voice acting.

if you havent played nehrim definitely go out and do so, especially if you are a fan of the gothic series. the game it a little more on the hardcore side, enemies do not spawn to your level and certain caves/forts and dungeons have nothing to do with quests in the game and are worth exploring for top notch hand placed loot, which is usually guarded by a boss of some type.

the leveling system is pretty much the same as most rpgs you do quests, kill monsters gain xp and level. the skill system is the same as gothic/risen where you get learning points with every level, you go to a trainer spend your points and gold to learn new skills. certain skills can be found in dungeons or by exploring(like skinning animal skill etc) here is some nehrim videos if you want to see it in action.

you can easily sink 100 hours into this game, and the sequel is supposed to be bigger and better in every way and of course will be using skyrim as its base, here is some videos of enderal: the shards of order

I haven't done a lot of research on this, and I'm still just 60ish hours into Skyrim, but what's the appeal to play something like this? Is it basically just TES with a new original story?

it is really a totally different feel to the game. the only similarities to the two is the textures and graphics used. the game is developed by a german modding group and the team(and germans/europeans in general) are big time gothic fans. the game is much closer feel to gothic than TES. it honestly doesnt even feel like an elder scrolls game :lol:

for instance in skyrim dungeons have random loot, with pretty much run of the mill type of enemies that are locked at whatever level you enter the dungeon/fort at. in nehrim and soon to be enderal, enemies are not scaled to you. you can be level 5 go into a dungeon with level 10 or 15 enemies, that will one shot you. a good amount of dungeons in nehrim have bosses in them that have powerful weapons and armor on them these caves will have nothing to do with quests or anything like that, just rewards for exploration. also dungeons in nehrim can be massive 5 or more levels deep sometimes.

-alchemy is basically the same as oblivion

-nehrim has a traditional leveling system that is an exact copy of the gothic games,you perform quests, kill enemies, gain xp, you level up, get learning points(10 to a level) and then find trainers in the world and use -the points and gold to improve your skills.

- combat has been improved in nehrim, blocking is absolutely crucial.

- big difficulty jump, game will hand you your ass if your not careful.(getting torched by a dragon is not fun :lol:)

- the story in nehrim is pretty damn good IMO.

- you can ride donkeys!

I actually think nehrim is better than oblivion to be honest. if you are a fan of gothic it is a must play IMO, if not(what the hell is wrong with you :lol:) watch some videos and give it a try it is free so you wont be wasting any money if you dislike it.

• Like 2

^ Ooh I love the Gothic series so I might give this a shot

you will definitely love this. i would like to see PB give the rights to the gothic games to these guys :lol:

I've tried Nehrim for Oblivion but could never get into it based off the German voice acting, killed the story for me but it looked well designed. If Enderal does have complete English voiceovers, it should be fantastic.

yeah its full english voice acting. i dont know when it will be released but with nehrim they released the game to a certain point and then added content to it through patches. they extended the main story and added some bounty missions and arena missions. i think we will get it sometime next year.