Rod Jackson to Slash: I love you, you're a beautiful father, all things are not considered

WFA

In Slash's book he says that Snakepit II was a mess, to some of the guys involved this was their first real band, some guys of the band even fighted each other.

To share some information with you, basically Perla took Slash out of Snakepit II . She wanted Slash to be hanging with known and popular musicians and his career wasn't moving any forward with Snakepit II.

Perla's always been very pro-active in guiding Slash's career towards what she thinks it's the right path , kinda like what you guys claim Beta does.

Also some bandmates in Snakepit II would be mocking Slash on his back, which didn't go so well.

Slash simply pulled it off and went to pursue bigger projets again, as his next project turned out to be VR.

Slash has a frontman. Damn good one too. Based on what I've heard of WOF, what he needs is a songwriter.

Myles may be a good singer, but he's a terrible frontman.

I've seen him live twice. He's pretty awesome.

To some people, Slash's front man will always be shit, just like people say the same thing about Axl's guitarists. Can't make all of the people happy all of the time. But I can tell you that as a Slash fan, I'm pretty damn happy right now.

That may be true, but I think Rod was a better frontman than Myles. Myles has vocal ability, but zero stage presence and no charisma. He's the definition of bland. Idk why, but he irritates me with that one move he has that he does over and over again- that raising his hand thing. That and he's constantly telling the crowd "SING IT."

Didnt Slash say at one point that he realized he was touring with a junkie (Rod) and that's why that version of Snakepit never did anything else?

Great interview man I like your stoner vibe...

He crucified the whole Snakepit thing in his book. They were all 'drug dealing scabs'.

Typical Slash duplicity.

Yeah. He really doesn't seem to like anyone he's ever played with. He had nothing but bad things to say about Snakepit 2.

Thanks for this!

Rod was awesome with Slash. Snakepit II was a great live band. I saw them and truly loved the show. I think, his voice really matched with Slash's songs and way of playing. Serial Killer is such a great/scary song and to me one of the best post GNR songs made.

i enjoy when he says sing it and the entire crowd sings along. it means slash has some pretty fucking good tunes, otherwise people wouldn't have cared enough to learn the lyrics.

They only know the words to GNR songs.

Thanks for this!

Rod was awesome with Slash. Snakepit II was a great live band. I saw them and truly loved the show. I think, his voice really matched with Slash's songs and way of playing. Serial Killer is such a great/scary song and to me one of the best post GNR songs made.

Out of all Slash's post GNR stuff, I liked Snakepit 2.0 the best. They had a southern kind of voodoo type vibe. Slash w/Myles & Conspirators seems like a mismash in terms of musical style as well as image. I don't see or hear any real chemistry. It all just comes across as very generic. Snakepit 2 at least seemed to have its own identity. I think Rod's voice suited Slash's songs and he looked the part too. Plus they were both junkies.

Edited by Mr. Dude

If they only know the words to GNR songs, care to explain how people were singing along to all the others as well? cupcake fail.

That's not a cupcake attempt-just a fairly obvious observation... and I actually just watched some of the newer shit last night. Myles did that "Sing It" number that he usually just does for GNR songs during one of the newer songs and you could hear crickets. Occasionally that will happen during the GNR numbers too when he'll pick the wrong part of a song for crowd participation and it'll just be dead air. But c'mon man, you know the casual fans don't know the words to Slash's solo shit. I'd be surprised if you could show me one instance of evidence to the contrary.

. it means slash has some pretty fucking good tunes, otherwise people wouldn't have cared enough to learn the lyrics.

Care enough to learn lyrics? I know lyrics to lots of shitty songs that I never cared to learn, the brain does it on it's own. Myles Kennedy on his best days are as bad as Axl is on his worst. Stronger voice, but it's a shitty voice still.

Slash was full of Snakepit 2 at the time. I still have the interviews collected from magazines, and he is, ''yeh man, it is cool. No pressure like Guns. When all things are considered, it is the happiest band situation I have been in since Guns in the 80s. There is a great rapport etc etc''. Then he had that heart scare caused by boozing. Then he announced he was going to do a solo album with guest stars - which, did not materialise at that time because The Project/VR happened. Then his book arrived, in which he described Snakepit as a 'bunch of drug addicts leaching off of his celebrity'.

He just folded the band without an explanation then dismissed the whole thing in his book a few years later!

Typical Slash. I bet in a few years time, if The Conspirators have folded, he will be slagging off Myles and co.

Slash was full of Snakepit 2 at the time. I still have the interviews collected from magazines, and he is, ''yeh man, it is cool. No pressure like Guns. When all things are considered, it is the happiest band situation I have been in since Guns in the 80s. There is a great rapport etc etc''. Then he had that heart scare caused by boozing. Then he announced he was going to do a solo album with guest stars - which, did not materialise at that time because The Project/VR happened. Then his book arrived, in which he described Snakepit as a 'bunch of drug addicts leaching off of his celebrity'.

He just folded the band without an explanation then dismissed the whole thing in his book a few years later!

Typical Slash. I bet in a few years time, if The Conspirators have folded, he will be slagging off Myles and co.

No doubt- he has done it to EVERY band/bandmate he has ever worked with- whether it be Axl/GNR, Snakepit 1, Snakepit 2, or VR. He's said negative shit about Axl, Eric Dover, Rod Jackson, and Scott Weiland.

I think Snakepit 2 was alright, I think Slash thought that initially, but once the financial reality of touring with them/being released from his label, etc set in he changed his tune. As you alluded to they seemed to be a bit of a party band too and once the negative health-related consequences of his partying began to take effect he probably had to make major lifestyle adjustments that altered the way he viewed the band.

No doubt- he has done it to EVERY band/bandmate he has ever worked with- whether it be Axl/GNR, Snakepit 1, Snakepit 2, or VR. He's said negative shit about Axl, Eric Dover, Rod Jackson, and Scott Weiland.

I think Snakepit 2 was alright, I think Slash thought that initially, but once the financial reality of touring with them/being released from his label, etc set in he changed his tune. As you alluded to they seemed to be a bit of a party band too and once the negative health-related consequences of his partying began to take effect he probably had to make major lifestyle adjustments that altered the way he viewed the band.

Don't forget Izzy,

During Appetite..., Lies and Use Your... I had to put up with Izzy the whole time. I never liked playing with him. It was wonderful to escape him on this record. It sounds tighter and so much cooler than anything we've done before. I always got irritated over Izzy's way of playing. It didn't sound right. Before "Spaghetti", we erased his guitar and Gilby put on a new one. It sounded perfect!

- Slash.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=13

Edited by DieselDaisy

Don't forget Izzy,

During Appetite..., Lies and Use Your... I had to put up with Izzy the whole time. I never liked playing with him. It was wonderful to escape him on this record. It sounds tighter and so much cooler than anything we've done before. I always got irritated over Izzy's way of playing. It didn't sound right. Before "Spaghetti", we erased his guitar and Gilby put on a new one. It sounded perfect!

- Slash.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=13

Yes Slash because Spaghetti is obviously superior to GNR's previous work.

Yeah I forgot about how badly he bashed Izzy. There really didn't seem to be any call for it at the time because Izzy had already been out of the band for a couple years at that point. Its funny reading those comments now, because in his book Slash talks about how he wanted Gilby because he had an Izzy type vibe. He also bashed Steven when he was fired (which may have actually been justified). Fast forward a few years and he's publicly trashing Axl in all his interviews. As you said, I think "duplicitous" is an apt description of Slash.

The funny thing is, I have an UK television report on the Tel Aviv 1993 gig and Slash is, ''yeh dude, it's cool to have Izz back for these few gigs''. In fairness, Axl bashed Izzy constantly on the Illusion tour as an introduction to Double Talkin' Jive. They are all bitches really.

• Like 1

The funny thing is, I have an UK television report on the Tel Aviv 1993 gig and Slash is, ''yeh dude, it's cool to have Izz back for these few gigs''. In fairness, Axl bashed Izzy constantly on the Illusion tour as an introduction to Double Talkin' Jive. They are all bitches really.

Yeah, but when Axl bashed him it was more of a thing like he felt abandoned, like he'd bailed on him. Slash's criticisms seemed more pointed in an artistic sense. Axl talked shit about Izzy, but he didn't question his talent or chops in the way Slash did.

• Like 1

Axl did however criticise Izzy's stage persona and work ethic. There is some evidence of friction between Slash and Izzy, that Slash originally thought he was joining an one guitar band in 1985. Stradlin actually cleared off when Slash joined New Hollywood Rose in 1984 and that is preciously what that band were, an one guitar band. Slash had also only been in one guitar bands (Tidus Sloan and Road Crew) previously. So there was a slight clash there. Obviously they must have bonded later or we would never have gotten Mr Brownstone and Nightrain.

Axl did however criticise Izzy's stage persona and work ethic. There is some evidence of friction between Slash and Izzy, that Slash originally thought he was joining an one guitar band in 1985. Stradlin actually cleared off when Slash joined New Hollywood Rose in 1984 and that is preciously what that band were, an one guitar band. Slash had also only been in one guitar bands (Tidus Sloan and Road Crew) previously. So there was a slight clash there. Obviously they must have bonded later or we would never have gotten Mr Brownstone and Nightrain.

They became driven to make it big, but I think some of it might have tied into a rivalry Slash had with Tracii and just some stupid shit Slash and Izzy did back in the day. I'm sure Axl has them all their fuckups and faults written out on a list.

• 1 month later...

People forget that time heals all issues. Your holding slash hostage to shit he said 20 years ago in a drug and alcohol induced haze and expecting him to feel the same way. Maybe you people aren't old enough to have 20 years go by and completely change your perspective or view on things that may have happened in the past.

• Like 1