Temper, Temper - Bullet for my Valentine

wasted

I thought it was horrendous, the guys can certainly play but since Scream, Aim and Fire they've put out about three songs I like. Too much of the same crap they keep spinning, the lyrics and vocals are horrific, guitar parts recycled from their good days really but it sells. Their best tracks for me are The Poison, No Control, Just Another Star, Cries In Vain, Eye of the Storm and Pretty On The Outside. Much of it is rip offs of the old thrash bands with silly choruses and redundant verses but it was kinda new when they did it and they have some enjoyable riffs and leads/harmonies in their old stuff and a couple surprisingly energetic tracks.

Trivium have always been at least three times as good imo.

• Like 1

I kind of agree but there's an 80s hair band element to it. It's not too serious. Just keep churning it out. Kind of like Testament meets Ratt.

It's not over produced and pretentious anyway. I didn't over play Fever so I was ready for Temper.

Although the lyrics are bit clunky you can actually tell what he's singing about.

There's 3 or 4 tracks there. The Rosie cover was worth the price of admission.

Fever is their best album. The other ones are too harsh but there's a few songs on them.

Your Betrayal, Fever and Bittersweet Memories are the ones I liked. I saw the video for BSM it was like a cheesy 80s MTV video.

Temper temper I'm ready to explode! It's hilarious.

I don't know, I think it's pretty rocking, with some cheesy balladry going on but that's ok for me. Phones in the air and wave em like you just doing care na na na na.

Edited by wasted

I've seen BFMV about 5 times. These guys rock in person! The name is perfect for the band because you feel from the first song to the last that you've been beaten up and spit out! In a good way!

I had the pleasure of meeting Jason the bass player and he was so nice to my daughter and I. He was talking about his little girl and how close the guys from the band are to A7X. Anyway, he said that after they do a show he likes to walk around and talk to the fans. Slayer was on stage and since we're not fans, we hung outside the venue and Jason just was walking around. Anyway, these guys are solid. I've got all the albums and I know a new one if coming soon.

I find with there albums the more you listen the better they get. The dynamics work over the song pretty well even if it does sound a bit generic in the soundbite. They do hammer a theme for sure. It's metal with thrash leanings but not really.