Favorite picture?

WFA

There are so many but if I had to pick one it would be from the 9/28/85 Street Scene gig. The truth is I really love all the photos that were shot from that gig and it was one of their best gigs. My publisher cropped out Slash when he put it in the book and added a different photo of Slash next to it. Axl used to love it too. When the band members saw the draft of the book, there were many photos that they were really happy with.

Izzy was the only one who didn't look at them. He was set to come over to check it but I managed to scare him away when I called him back and told him that we were doing video interviews and that 2 of his ex girlfriends were also coming over the same day. Too bad, the book would have been so much better with some of Izzy's input

post-37284-0-46611500-1409988294_thumb.j

• Like 2

But Marc, you surely knew that Izzy is some shy with video things, right? and bringing ex-girlfriends to a meeting with him......wasnt that some (sorry, to say) stupid?

It was stupid, but after talking to Izzy and hearing how excited he was that I was doing this project, I thought that it wouldn't matter what else was going on. Also it was the first time that I spoke to him in 15 years and at the time I didn't know how fragile he was. On the phone he sounded like he always did.