The Firearm Thread

Georgy Zhukov

Spent the afternoon shooting clays with my dad and one of his buddies, we took a few shotguns out to the woods. It was actually the first time I've shot a shotgun, I tried 5 different ones today and my favorite was definitely the 12 GA with the 3" slugs :lol:

I can honestly say though, that the only firearm I'd be interested in owning is still a revolver.

Revolvers are nice. I would get single action and double action. For automatic I would get the 1911 .45 with the steel frame. I would get a 12 gauge too but what I really want are bolt action rifles. A Mosin Nagant or the Swiss K-31 because of so much surplus.

Spent the afternoon shooting clays with my dad and one of his buddies, we took a few shotguns out to the woods. It was actually the first time I've shot a shotgun, I tried 5 different ones today and my favorite was definitely the 12 GA with the 3" slugs :lol:

I can honestly say though, that the only firearm I'd be interested in owning is still a revolver.

Like clay pigeon shooting? They do that round here but i cant be bothered buying a shotgun just to leave it at some fuckin' shooting range. I need to go to America, thats one of the first things id do is go in a gunshop. Edited by Len B'stard

Like clay pigeon shooting? They do that round here but i cant be bothered buying a shotgun just to leave it at some fuckin' shooting range. I need to go to America, thats one of the first things id do is go in a gunshop.

i could only imagine you in a gun shop :lol:

gun_store2-426x188.jpg

Like clay pigeon shooting? They do that round here but i cant be bothered buying a shotgun just to leave it at some fuckin' shooting range. I need to go to America, thats one of the first things id do is go in a gunshop.

I went to see a friend in Maryland back in '11 while seeing family in Virginia and he took me to a shooting range with his redneck cousin. I'd gone into woods with shotguns before with my uncle in Virginia just taking shots at milk cartons etc but this was my first time on a range and firing handguns. We drove out to his cousin's first as he had a whole bunch of ammo we bought off him for cheaper and also had his own guns. Was surreal driving to the range with all this guns n' ammo in a bag, couldn't believe it was legal. When I got there they asked if I had ID, I showed them my provisional driver's license, filled in a form, and that was it.

Lot of fun, though a bit pricey (think we each blew through about $70 worth of ammo that afternoon). Even with ear defenders guns are LOUD.

gun_store2-426x188.jpg

Mother of God...i'd love to go hunting with some of yous, like deer or whatever, must be big fun :)

• Like 1

gun_store2-426x188.jpg

Mother of God...i'd love to go hunting with some of yous, like deer or whatever, must be big fun :)

never been a hunter, i just usually shoot cans or bottles. you would probably love hunting in some states its how a lot of people get by with food. in a state like texas they are overrun with wild boar and their is 0 limit on how many you can kill so people hunt them to fill their freezers with pork for the year. deer is more regulated, same with moose and all that but it is a good way to save money on groceries that is for sure.

I don't think I've ever even seen a gun shop here in Ireland. The only guns you can legally buy are shotguns and rifles and at that the choice is strictly limited.

Every other type of gun is illegal. In order to buy a gun you have to be a member of a hunting club. You also have to pass an extensive background check.

Any criminal record/mental health issues and you are shit out of luck.

As a member of a gun club you can only shoot game on select land. Clays are your other option. Gun ranges like in the states don't exist.

I don't know a single person that owns a gun. Even the cops are unarmed.

I don't think I've ever even seen a gun shop here in Ireland. The only guns you can legally buy are shotguns and rifles and at that the choice is strictly limited.

Every other type of gun is illegal. In order to buy a gun you have to be a member of a hunting club. You also have to pass an extensive background check.

As a member of a gun club you can only shoot game on select land. Clays are your other option. Gun ranges like in the states don't exist.

Same here. I find the discussion of weapons like you're buying a new sofa really weird to get my head round. It's such a starkly different cultural thing.

• Like 2

For automatic I would get the 1911 .45 with the steel frame.

Maybe, possibly, the best handgun ever.

Design is over 100 years old, copied by so many other designers. Definitely better than the Lugar.

Edited by Georgy Zhukov
  • Like 2

Design is over 100 years old, copied by so many other designers. Definitely better than the Lugar.

the .1911 is just awesome, the gun still holds up.

Many of the engineers that work for me have carry licenses for hand guns.

I have no desire to get a carry license and I am not a gun nut by any means but have been thinking about getting one for home defense. Just not sure if it should be a 9mm or a pump shotgun.

Any suggestions from my fellow American gun fanatics?

I have no desire to get a carry license and I am not a gun nut by any means but have been thinking about getting one for home defense. Just not sure if it should be a 9mm or a pump shotgun.

im pretty much the same as you in that i really dont carry my gun, it stays in a lock box in my closet and my 12 gauge is on a rack above my bed but i have a trigger lock on it. both handgun and 12 gauge are great for home defense, i mean someone pumping the shells into the chamber of a 12 gauge will scare the shit out of everyone. you can get some decent 9mm for a good price and they are cheap to shoot, me personally i would go with a .45(its what i have) its a little heavier but it has more stopping power and the price isnt too bad to shoot, and they are built to last thats for sure.

the .1911 is just awesome, the gun still holds up.

I want to get the Springfield with the four inch barrel. Steel frame. More control.

im pretty much the same as you in that i really dont carry my gun, it stays in a lock box in my closet and my 12 gauge is on a rack above my bed but i have a trigger lock on it. both handgun and 12 gauge are great for home defense, i mean someone pumping the shells into the chamber of a 12 gauge will scare the shit out of everyone. you can get some decent 9mm for a good price and they are cheap to shoot, me personally i would go with a .45(its what i have) its a little heavier but it has more stopping power and the price isnt too bad to shoot, and they are built to last thats for sure.

Yeah can't go wrong with either. For me, the shotgun is just boss. Like he said, the sound of a 12ga. pumping is intimidating. And if you aren't familiar with shooting, it's still hard to miss with a shotgun. A handgun, if you aren't an experienced shooter, you can easily miss something right in front of you. That shotgun aint missing. It's just kind of heavy and kicks like a mule.

And yeah forget the 9. Popular for cheap price and cheap ammo. There's a reason cops upgraded from 9s to .40 cals a few years back. Go with something like that or .45.

• Like 1

And if you aren't familiar with shooting, it's still hard to miss with a shotgun. A handgun, if you aren't an experienced shooter, you can easily miss something right in front of you. That shotgun aint missing. It's just kind of heavy and kicks like a mule.

• Like 1

And if you aren't familiar with shooting, it's still hard to miss with a shotgun. A handgun, if you aren't an experienced shooter, you can easily miss something right in front of you. That shotgun aint missing. It's just kind of heavy and kicks like a mule.

bill burr is the best.

There was (or is, not sure) one in my city. I remember as teenagers we used to look in the window and be fascinated by all the guns, not fascinated as in 'want to own one', but as in 'creepy!'

One day an 18 year old skipped class, bought a shotgun there and went on a rampage in the city, wounding a muslim woman and killing a 2 year old white girl and her black nanny, before being arrested by a cop who happened to be in the neighbourhood.

I will always associate guns with killing and never with leisure.

Lots of guns in Norway. But we don't have a "gun culture". We just have many hunters :shrugs: . "Home defense"? Never heard of anyone in Norway having a gun for home defense. But we also don't have a media that tries to tell us we live in a violent society where that is necesarry. Which I like. Not saying home invasions don't happen - just that the implausibility of it happening isn't suppressed by a tabloid media. But why not own a gun in case it happens? I mean, if the probability is higher than zero, why not have one just in case? Because, in my humble opinon, the chance of that gun being successfully used to repel a home invasion is MUCH lower then the chance of that gun ending up in the hands of someone who will use it for something bad.