the whole axl is retiring and dissolving gnr rumor

New to this forum, just really surprised how many GNR fan's there are out there (in here) who do to Axl what the general public and the media have done to him for the last 25-ish years. Not to mention the people in his life before GNR. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion...what we're not entitled to do is think we know everything about someone we've never met and use rumors to pass judgement.

Just surprised by all the Axl criticism and how it seems some fans have accepted the media's version of who they say he is. Or do you guys know him personally? Are you his friends? If so, my apologies, just ignore me...can you introduce us?

Causing drama out the gate wasn't the way I wanted to introduce myself...but, fuck it! I learned from the best.

People are just out to get Axl, that's all.

It's a shame to see how he has been victimised and sabotaged over the years, but that's life.

I can't tell if you're serious
  • Like 1

What's the point of the majority of people on here as more than half don't like Axl or GNR? Get real about a reunion too, never in a million years will that happen . Just can't see point of 'fans' coming on a forum n hating Axl or the band. Pointless

What's the point of the majority of people on here as more than half don't like Axl or GNR? Get real about a reunion too, never in a million years will that happen . Just can't see point of 'fans' coming on a forum n hating Axl or the band. Pointless

You sign up to a Guns N' Roses forum for the love of the music, and almost everybody signed up here loves the pre-Chinese Democracy music.

Guns N' Roses was, to me, one of the best bands of all time. That's what keeps me interested. There's always a hope of what once was. I saw Axl and his band in 2010, and Axl's voice was unbelievably good, so I'm grateful to have seen that tour twice.

I guess it's still the unpredictability that keeps it interesting, I'm sure many would agree with me.

• Like 1

I don't think the majority or half of people on here don't like Axl or GNR. Maybe what you are seeing is not dislike but rather dissapointment and lack of faith that Axl and the current lineup are ever going to realize their full potential? Or just dislike of a certain lineup?

I mean I can't see the point of a forum like HTGTH where it is all rainbows and "GNR has never been better" remarks, it just isn't real.

Edited by WhazUp

New to this forum, just really surprised how many GNR fan's there are out there (in here) who do to Axl what the general public and the media have done to him for the last 25-ish years. Not to mention the people in his life before GNR. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion...what we're not entitled to do is think we know everything about someone we've never met and use rumors to pass judgement.

Just surprised by all the Axl criticism and how it seems some fans have accepted the media's version of who they say he is. Or do you guys know him personally? Are you his friends? If so, my apologies, just ignore me...can you introduce us?

Causing drama out the gate wasn't the way I wanted to introduce myself...but, fuck it! I learned from the best.

There is a forum for you.

I don't think the majority or half of people on here don't like Axl or GNR. Maybe what you are seeing is not dislike but rather dissapointment and lack of faith that Axl and the current lineup are ever going to realize their full potential? Or just dislike of a certain lineup?

I mean I can't see the point of a forum like HTGTH where it is all rainbows and "GNR has never been better" remarks, it just isn't real.

I agree that GnR have been a lot better than they are now, but what they put on now is still an amazing show. We all want new music but I get it that people are pissed with the band for not releasing anything

I agree that GnR have been a lot better than they are now, but what they put on now is still an amazing show. We all want new music but I get it that people are pissed with the band for not releasing anything

Don't be silly. I'm satisfied with one album in 23 years. No. What we really need is information and instead of all the fuckin' complaints, we should be happy and thankful Axl is in the best mood he's been in decades, and that Tommy is still with us. (among the living) I can't believe it's not Guns N' Roses.

Edited by Rovim

I want new music. I'm desperate for new music. But GNR is still GNR and Axl Rose is still Axl fucking Rose. Chinese took, what, 9 years from its beginning stages to final release? Long ass time, sure, but the album that came out is my favourite album of all time. So I have complete and utter faith in Axl and the rest of GNR to deliver when the time comes. Being a fan of Guns N' Roses has taught me incredible patience.

Would I love for Axl to take a year off touring and hash out an album? Absolutely. Would I love him to sound like its 2010 again? Totally. Would I go see him in Vegas in December if a concert were to be announced tomorrow? Damn right. I'll take what I can get. As a fan I'm just lucky to have Axl/GNR still around.

I want new music. I'm desperate for new music. But GNR is still GNR and Axl Rose is still Axl fucking Rose. Chinese took, what, 9 years from its beginning stages to final release? Long ass time, sure, but the album that came out is my favourite album of all time. So I have complete and utter faith in Axl and the rest of GNR to deliver when the time comes. Being a fan of Guns N' Roses has taught me incredible patience.

Would I love for Axl to take a year off touring and hash out an album? Absolutely. Would I love him to sound like its 2010 again? Totally. Would I go see him in Vegas in December if a concert were to be announced tomorrow? Damn right. I'll take what I can get. As a fan I'm just lucky to have Axl/GNR still around.

Don't mistake patience for being fucked in the ass. You're not lucky at all. You're a new Gn'R fan. You get almost nothing. You got 15 songs in 23 years from Axl Rose. That's whack. It's whack, and you know it.

Now, let us wait a few more years for an album that was probably finished in 2008. Why? cause Axl is too insane, insecure, and full of himself to release it now or you know...4 years ago. (just my guess maybe he's a well adjusted human being and the record company is to blame. Most other bands release albums but that's just weird and not fair toward Axl, bad example)

Edited by Rovim

Don't mistake patience for being fucked in the ass. You're not lucky at all. You're a new Gn'R fan. You get almost nothing. You got 15 songs in 23 years from Axl Rose. That's whack. It's whack, and you know it.

Now, let us wait a few more years for an album that was probably finished in 2008. Why? cause Axl is too insane, insecure, and full of himself to release it now or you know...4 years ago. (just my guess maybe he's a well adjusted human being and the record company is to blame. Most other bands release albums but that's just weird and not fair toward Axl)

I'm not fucked in the ass, I'm just not hinging my life on the next GNR release. I'd love an album right now and would gladly buy two copies, but it ain't happening. For reasons I don't care/won't ever fully know why. Sure, other bands would have put something out by now and GNR are not exactly as functional, but it'll happen when it happens. I can wait. In the meantime I have the past 6 albums and a bunch of other bands to listen and spend money on.

But as a fan, yeah, I am lucky in a way. I've got a band that tours and I get to see them on a semi-frequent basis. I could just not have a GNR at all. We could be in the 2003-2006 dark years.

Now, let us wait a few more years for an album that was probably finished in 2008. Why? cause Axl is too insane, insecure, and full of himself to release it now or you know...4 years ago. (just my guess maybe he's a well adjusted human being and the record company is to blame. Most other bands release albums but that's just weird and not fair toward Axl)

I'm not fucked in the ass, I'm just not hinging my life on the next GNR release. I'd love an album right now and would gladly buy two copies, but it ain't happening. For reasons I don't care/won't ever fully know why. Sure, other bands would have put something out by now and GNR are not exactly as functional, but it'll happen when it happens. I can wait. In the meantime I have the past 6 albums and a bunch of other bands to listen and spend money on.

But as a fan, yeah, I am lucky in a way. I've got a band that tours and I get to see them on a semi-frequent basis. I could just not have a GNR at all. We could be in the 2003-2006 dark years.

Could be worse, so it ain't so bad huh? nice logic there. The situation is not any less fucked because you care less then others, or you don't concern yourself too much with it.

If you're a fan of this band, which you are, then things are shitty for you as a fan. Shitty for you, shitty for me, and shitty for anyone who liked Chinese Democracy, or like you've said, even considers it their favorite album. Just compare this shit to any other functioning band (lol) and it's undeniable. Just the way it is. But It's cool you don't care enough for it to bother you. I guess you are lucky after all.

Edited by Rovim

GNR: putting the "fun" in disFUNctional since '87

The majority of people here (and all around the globe) consider GNR to be the original band. That's always been the case and always WILL be the case. Just as there are message boards and fan bases for The Doors, Nirvana and other now-defunct bands, this is a place people can talk about their favorite band and members. Just because GNR doesn't exist anymore, doesn't mean people don't love what they did and the music they created.

That's why those people are HEAR. They have a love for the original band. That's also why they bitch so much. Think about it. You can't act that obsessed about something and NOT love it to death. That's where the anger and resentment comes from. GNR, in their minds, is being pissed on and torn to shreds because of the lead singers misguided sense of vengeance and duty. Who WOULDN'T be angry over something like that?

Edited by combos
  • Like 1

So many fans being Axl hater's...It's certainly not what I expected... Why the original GNR fell apart IS opened to debate. Slash himself admits to his roll in the breakdown of their friendship (Axl/Slash). As well as how each member fucked up in their own personal way...which in turn lead to Axl's isolation and his decision/obsession with owning the GNR name.

This isn't directed toward you Dando, but those who have bought into the general public's view/media hype surrounding the demise of the original line-up.

Edited by IndyRose
  • Like 1

Could be worse, so it ain't so bad huh? nice logic there. The situation is not any less fucked because you care less then others, or you don't concern yourself too much with it.

If you're a fan of this band, which you are, then things are shitty for you as a fan. Shitty for you, shitty for me, and shitty for anyone who liked Chinese Democracy, or like you've said, even considers it their favorite album. Just compare this shit to any other functioning band (lol) and it's undeniable. Just the way it is. But It's cool you don't care enough for it to bother you. I guess you are lucky after all.

I can understand your logic, the band isn't functional by any standards. In death Michael Jackson has been more productive than Axl has been. But it doesn't really take much to keep me happy I guess.

I guess it's a lot like waiting for Clerks 3 from Kevin Smith. He's off doing a bunch of other shit that isn't what I really am looking forward too, but at least I've got SOMETHING to consume as a fan. So for I've got his new movie Tusk, and with GNR I've got lots of live shows to waste my money on.

I don't have the patience to figure out how to quote someone, I already fucked it up once so I'm just going to speak to those who still, after everything, likes to blame every GNR problem on Axl.

"None of us stood back and took a moment to ask one another or ourselves, 'How do we do this? How can we get everyone together and working and satisfied?' We needed to be clearheaded about it; if one thing didn't work, we'd need to keep trying. But we didn't do that. Outside of the fact that our management didn't care to take the lead, the biggest catalyst to the demise of the band was the lack of communication among the members.

Admittedly, I was pigheaded; I didn't want to always feel like I was bending over backward. I thought of us as equals, and I was making a conscientious effort to get things going, but I didn't have the wherewithal to understand what Axl was expecting, or the patience to sit down and talk it out with him."

"If you rundown the history of the demise of great rock bands, more often than not you'll discover that many of them dumped their original manager on their way to grasping the brass ring, and once they did it, it all got fucked up. I'm kind of pissed off that we followed that tradition. As self-destructive as we may or may not have been, and despite the communication barriers between the members, we had the desire to play music and move forward at all costs. That an outside influence completely disrupted the band really is a shame."

"If I knew then what I know now, had I been more experienced and more self-protective and more suspicious of the players involved-and I'm not even talking about Axl so much as the people he hired to guide him through this-it might have been handled differently. He hired people who had nothing but money making off him in mind. If it had been otherwise, or if he and I had been able to discuss it face-to-face, there might have been a greater degree of preservation in regard to our mutual interests as a band. But I don't believe in 'if's'"

All quotes from Slash's book "Slash" There's an ass-load more instances in the book, and so many other sources, actual words from the actual members, all saying basically the same thing. Axl wasn't always easy, but he was brilliant and integral to the success of GNR, without him they wouldn't have had the same success, they wouldn't have written the music we all love, they wouldn't have been GNR, they wouldn't have been, period. He didn't think, behave, or react to the world the way most do, he had then, and maybe still does, a different way of seeing things. Which, in my personal opinion, is my favorite thing about him. Slash doesn't blame Axl for the break-up...so why do you? Why do you think you know more about it then they do? Why do you think you know these guys, or why they did what they did, or do what they do? THAT's why I CAN, and DO, point my finger at you and ask how you know what you say you know, or why you speak as though you know them? How can anyone, anywhere, use what we hear and see in the media as factual information? If I don't hear it from their mouths, it has the potential to be misconstrued, manipulated, misinterpreted, simply...not true.

One more quote for the Axl haters/blamer's...

Talking about Scott (Velvet Revolver) "Then Scott released his own rebuttal. He attacked Axl on every level. And my instinctual reaction wasn't 'you're right,' it was 'You can't talk shit about Axl!' I can talk shit about Axl, I can talk shit about Axl all day if I want to-that's because I've had to deal with him for years. But neither Scott, NOR ANYONE ELSE has that right."

Also Slash from "Slash". I added the all caps thing in order to emphasize...YOU weren't there, YOU have no right to form an opinion, YOU talk a bunch of shit, using as many big words as your thesaurus can generate, adding to the lies and bullshit that has done NOTHING but help create more lies and more bullshit, which does NOTHING but add just one more fucking exclamation point to "The original GNR will never play together again!!!!!" For me, and fans like me...it's the saddest true statement that has ever been uttered.

I doubt many will read all of this, I know it's too long, but for those of you who love GNR, in every way...old and new, who love Axl and everything that makes him who he is, as well as every other member, thank you. Thanks for supporting them no matter what. You are my favorite people in the world. This band is who I am, and I'm proud as hell of that fact. If you don't like who I am, don't like what I have to say...I see you standing there, you think you're so cool, why don't you just...Fuck Off!

Edited by IndyRose
  • Like 2

I don't have the patience to figure out how to quote someone, I already fucked it up once so I'm just going to speak to those who still, after everything, likes to blame every GNR problem on Axl.

"None of us stood back and took a moment to ask one another or ourselves, 'How do we do this? How can we get everyone together and working and satisfied?' We needed to be clearheaded about it; if one thing didn't work, we'd need to keep trying. But we didn't do that. Outside of the fact that our management didn't care to take the lead, the biggest catalyst to the demise of the band was the lack of communication among the members.

Admittedly, I was pigheaded; I didn't want to always feel like I was bending over backward. I thought of us as equals, and I was making a conscientious effort to get things going, but I didn't have the wherewithal to understand what Axl was expecting, or the patience to sit down and talk it out with him."

"If you rundown the history of the demise of great rock bands, more often than not you'll discover that many of them dumped their original manager on their way to grasping the brass ring, and once they did it, it all got fucked up. I'm kind of pissed off that we followed that tradition. As self-destructive as we may or may not have been, and despite the communication barriers between the members, we had the desire to play music and move forward at all costs. That an outside influence completely disrupted the band really is a shame."

"If I knew then what I know now, had I been more experienced and more self-protective and more suspicious of the players involved-and I'm not even talking about Axl so much as the people he hired to guide him through this-it might have been handled differently. He hired people who had nothing but money making off him in mind. If it had been otherwise, or if he and I had been able to discuss it face-to-face, there might have been a greater degree of preservation in regard to our mutual interests as a band. But I don't believe in 'if's'"

All quotes from Slash's book "Slash" There's an ass-load more instances in the book, and so many other sources, actual words from the actual members, all saying basically the same thing. Axl wasn't always easy, but he was brilliant and integral to the success of GNR, without him they wouldn't have had the same success, they wouldn't have written the music we all love, they wouldn't have been GNR, they wouldn't have been, period. He didn't think, behave, or react to the world the way most do, he had then, and maybe still does, a different way of seeing things. Which, in my personal opinion, is my favorite thing about him. Slash doesn't blame Axl for the break-up...so why do you? Why do you think you know more about it then they do? Why do you think you know these guys, or why they did what they did, or do what they do? THAT's why I CAN, and DO, point my finger at you and ask how you know what you say you know, or why you speak as though you know them? How can anyone, anywhere, use what we hear and see in the media as factual information? If I don't hear it from their mouths, it has the potential to be misconstrued, manipulated, misinterpreted, simply...not true.

One more quote for the Axl haters/blamer's...

Talking about Scott (Velvet Revolver) "Then Scott released his own rebuttal. He attacked Axl on every level. And my instinctual reaction wasn't 'you're right,' it was 'You can't talk shit about Axl!' I can talk shit about Axl, I can talk shit about Axl all day if I want to-that's because I've had to deal with him for years. But neither Scott, NOR ANYONE ELSE has that right."

Also Slash from "Slash". I added the all caps thing in order to emphasize...YOU weren't there, YOU have no right to form an opinion, YOU talk a bunch of shit, using as many big words as your thesaurus can generate, adding to the lies and bullshit that has done NOTHING but help create more lies and more bullshit, which does NOTHING but add just one more fucking exclamation point to "The original GNR will never play together again!!!!!" For me, and fans like me...it's the saddest true statement that has ever been uttered.

I doubt many will read all of this, I know it's too long, but for those of you who love GNR, in every way...old and new, who love Axl and everything that makes him who he is, as well as every other member, thank you. Thanks for supporting them no matter what. You are my favorite people in the world. This band is who I am, and I'm proud as hell of that fact. If you don't like who I am, don't like what I have to say...I see you standing there, you think you're so cool, why don't you just...Fuck Off!

Cheesus kryst. :mellow: (0:28:)

2003-2006 is better than now in many ways, there was hope on the horizon, an album had been discussed - we have nothing right now.

I couldn't care as much as the regulars here, but nearly 5 years after touring Axl really deserve some rest

Who knows, he might get on shape again with a bit stronger voice

Or he doesn't do jackshit and we're still waiting in 2020...

Anyway i haven't saw them since 2010 and i won't plan to see them until new music comes out

So if new music never come out, i don't pay a single cent for a nostalgia band

Just my two "cents"

Replace the word Axl with Htiler.

Now that doesn't mean that Axl is to be compared to Hitler, it only debunks your argument that you have to know him personally to form an opinion about him.

With Axl, we're talking about a man that due to his actions had Izzy, Slash & Duff leave and fired Matt. He replaced these members with a bunch of hired guns (pun intended) that created an album that was released against his own will. Now, almost all those members left out of frustration with Axl and were replaced with other hired guns (again, pun intended). He now has a band full of members who are fully capable of putting on a good live show, even if he doesn't bother to prepare his voice for a tour, and that's all there is to it now. Because these members couldn't write an unforgettable rock song to save their lives, so no new music is in the cards.

So, morally, how acceptable is it that there's not going to be any new music released, but Axl continues to use the Guns N' Roses name in which he sings the songs people want to hear, but not one other musician in the band had any part in the process of actually creating those songs. It's a cover band with the original singer in it. Nothing more, nothing less.

"Because of his actions", so he should stand trial to you? Yeah, how dare he not cater to everyone else, cause a rift, and let his band break up...then have the audacity to STAY in the music business! Also who said they'll never be new music released, you? Did you say that from 96-07 as well, cuz wrong if so. What gets me is then, in describing why so many people hate Axl here and post negatively, you say this wonderment. Guns N' Roses was, to me, one of the best bands of all time. That's what keeps me interested. There's always a hope of what once was. I saw Axl and his band in 2010, and Axl's voice was unbelievably good, so I'm grateful to have seen that tour twice.

WHAT! You stay here and post in hopes that one day what once was will happen again? No really, you're kidding right? Then, in complete contradiction, you go one to say you loved the 2010 show, which happened after Chinese earmark you say 'everyone like all before'. So are you saying you are staying and posting, which I could care less about but I just want to clarify this, because despite no hope of new music he does a good live show once in a while and that refreshes your great thoughts of the old days and makes it worthwhile...or that one day he and Slash might do a new record?

As to morally acceptable with everything he has done since Vegas/Rio in 01, with all it's ups and downs since, it's been an adventure and yeah some cool shit has happened! If he never released another thing (which is unlikely based on all he has done in media of late for a change) then no as I see no arena where a fan can call any artist 'morally unacceptable" for calling it a day after 30 years or so. On that note, though, I would like to add that Steve Perry ... what an Amoral deviant, the guy hasn't released anything in decades.

Edited by axlskAmpf