the whole axl is retiring and dissolving gnr rumor

Duswalt said it was something specific. We don't know if it's something new or something already covered. So I don't know if it would be revealing or not. I feel like if it was big than Slash would know. So I'm leaning more to everything we know. For Axl it probably is the Slash/Duff he made us sign over the name under duress type thing. That caused Axl a lot of problems, how that spooled out and how Slash kind of kept the reunion thing not happening because of Axl. When really he was never going back. If that Deli guy doesn't know I'm sure we don't but given that Axl seems to hate him, I'm interested to know why as most people think Slash is good people.

Obviously you don't think Slash is good people. (right?) but I've gotta go back to what Axl said: "tip of the iceberg" what's that about? and I have no reason to doubt it's not just the tip. And Axl's and Slash's relationship seem complicated to me. Needy and...unhealthy. A lot of love and hate type thing which is pretty common, but not in that scale maybe.

Axl obviously loved the guy like he said. He also respected his amazing talent. Slash was also crucial to that version of Guns. Rolling Stones kind of fortune, bitch.

He abandoned Axl. Walked away (for whatever valid or unvalid reasons) I can't just say "ok, it was probably this, because it really looks that way" or because some guy said something about it. I need to know more. When you really think about it, we don't know much really. Not even with Canter helping us out.

Where is Axl's version? it's incomplete. Not good enough for me. I have to wait but in the meantime, a lot of people here want closure, but how can you close this head case when there is not enough to go by? the way I see it, you can't. All of this is just my limited view on it of course. I don't know shit, but I really really want to.

Axl is the part of relationship who "loved" the most, that's why he's so butthurt. It happens in couple's relationships too.

I always felt like Slash didnt like him that much, just NEEDED him because he's an amazing singer. But Slash never cared for Axl the way Axl cared for Slash.

That's the only explanation I can find regarding the hatred he holds. Why one hates so much and is stuck in the past and the other moved forward?

That's the only explanation I can find regarding the hatred he holds.

It's not like Axl lost his butt virginity to Slash ( :awesomeface: ) and even look at Slash at the ritz '88 show...it's obvious he had some form of emotional connection to him (and not just that show, and also positive things Slash said about him) they lived together, and made it big together. They needed each other and their post old Guns careers proves it.

My point is: I don't think we can really, fully explain it until Axl shares more about what happened. His side of the story, and not just the tip.

Edited by Rovim

Axl is pissed because Slash lived on musically without him and would't fuck off into obscurity or choke on his own whiskey vomit in a flea pit motel off Venice beach.

That probably eats him up more than anything.

But Erin and Steph. See more weepin'.

Edited by Rovim

I think Axl is insane, and everything gets bloated, but that doesn't make his reasons whack. And you don't seem like you'll give him the benefit of the doubt so whatever. Can't trust your ass. :P

You're right I don't cause he doesn't have a history of holding back.

Why be different if this is the worst shit anybody has ever pulled on him..

Get in the Ring...

His beef with Vince Neil

His rants about Kurt Cobain

His rant about Warren Beaty

His rant about Bucket

I'm not saying Slash is innocent, I just don't think he's any more evil than anyone else involved in a band beef.

the key is those people didn't matter as much as slash did, even the guys in the band, everyone was replaceable except slash.
Maybe Axl doesn't hate Slash that much or in that way. It's more that Slash won't come back. Axl said they won't ever share a stage again and that was decided in the heart of someone a long time ago ie Slash. So once Axl realised this he put his wall up and tried to move on but Slash has dogged him all the way. Lawsuits, comments, misleading people on the reality. They were badasses together, nice boys don't play rock n roll. Suddenly Axl is the bad guy?

We or the media make it into Axl hates Slash, and Slash plays along but he hates Axl way more. Because the way Axl acted, acts, is. So it's more a case of Axl is difficult and they couldn't put up with it anymore.

So from Axls point of view he was just being the same, creative, head strong, late with a bit of a temper. So really the other guys who just lost patience or the will to live. So a reunion is more up to them to get with the program. Not oh poor me I make millions of dollars and have to help Axl with his songs, we might write a hit song and be awesome. No I want to just do it my way. I'm going to quit and blame Axl. And people believed them...for a while anyway. I'm on to you, I'm the Columbo of hair metal.

Edited by wasted
  • Like 2

Axl is pissed because Slash lived on musically without him and would't fuck off into obscurity or choke on his own whiskey vomit in a flea pit motel off Venice beach.

That probably eats him up more than anything.

But Erin and Steph. See more weepin'.

Axl probably doesn't think Slash solo is that good and VR makes no sense to do. Why not do Guns? It shows to Axl how much Slash hates him, but he's playing it off the other way to the media. When Axl knows he tried everything to get Slash to stay it must be obvious and laughable to see him pretend he was forced out so he can justify throwing Axl under the bus. Axl must have just wanted some support from his friends going forward, but what he got was an all out assault to destroy everything he worked for. If they wanted go head long into oblivion great, but why try to drag Axl down with you? Let him at least have a chance.
  • Like 1

We or the media make it into Axl hates Slash, and Slash plays along but he hates Axl way more.

You're wrong Axl himself has said that if he ever met Slash "it wouldn't be pretty" so just let that myth go.

You've made the Slash hate piece up completely. Never has anyone come forward to confirm Slash hates Axl, never.

I have never read in any article, interview or feature where such a thing was stated.

Look at Slash's comments about Axl from the last 5 -10 years, point out any real venom or hate in them....PLEASE.

You guys just make up "facts" about Slash reactions to Axl simply to justify Axl's behaviour.

You go on like there are some real Machiavellian talents with Slash in terms of his media manipulation.

He's a 50 year old guitar player who still wears teenager rocker clothes for fuck's sake..he's not Gordon Gecko!

I want real evidence that proves Slash must hate Axl.

I've referenced songs, interviews and on stage rants that prove Axl has no issue hating people and hating on them publicly.

I've seen bitterness from Slash sure, I think that's fair in the circumstances and fair coming from both of them, they both fell out and tried to hurt one another in the process of separating permanently. I've seen lawsuits started on both sides, with both sides right and wrong to pursue them in various instances.

But the evidence to hand points out that the real personal hate quotient sits with Axl alone.

I'll ask again: why would Axl be so mysterious about Slash's wrong doing and Slash only when it comes to this tired old saga? Izzy referenced his mad note keeping and bringing up ancients slights when they caught up over the phone after many years - is it such a stretch for you to acknowledge that maybe, just maybe Axl has trouble with people not doing what he wants?

20 years have passed and nothing "on my God, he did what?" has come out about Slash so my guess is that nothing is fucking coming.

Axl is pissed that Slash did not become his employee and work for him to keep GNR (i.e.. him) at the top of the music world.

Two rock bitches fell out at the height of their ego trip and the greatest rock n roll band of the last 30 years fell on its arse.

End of.

We or the media make it into Axl hates Slash, and Slash plays along but he hates Axl way more.

You're wrong Axl himself has said that if he ever met Slash "it wouldn't be pretty" so just let that myth go.

You've made the Slash hate piece up completely. Never has anyone come forward to confirm Slash hates Axl, never.

I have never read in any article, interview or feature where such a thing was stated.

Look at Slash's comments about Axl from the last 5 -10 years, point out any real venom or hate in them....PLEASE.

You guys just make up "facts" about Slash reactions to Axl simply to justify Axl's behaviour.

You go on like there are some real Machiavellian talents with Slash in terms of his media manipulation.

He's a 50 year old guitar player who still wears teenager rocker clothes for fuck's sake..he's not Gordon Gecko!

I want real evidence that proves Slash must hate Axl.

I've referenced songs, interviews and on stage rants that prove Axl has no issue hating people and hating on them publicly.

I've seen bitterness from Slash sure, I think that's fair in the circumstances and fair coming from both of them, they both fell out and tried to hurt one another in the process of separating permanently. I've seen lawsuits started on both sides, with both sides right and wrong to pursue them in various instances.

But the evidence to hand points out that the real personal hate quotient sits with Axl alone.

I'll ask again: why would Axl be so mysterious about Slash's wrong doing and Slash only when it comes to this tired old saga? Izzy referenced his mad note keeping and bringing up ancients slights when they caught up over the phone after many years - is it such a stretch for you to acknowledge that maybe, just maybe Axl has trouble with people not doing what he wants?

20 years have passed and nothing "on my God, he did what?" has come out about Slash so my guess is that nothing is fucking coming.

Axl is pissed that Slash did not become his employee and work for him to keep GNR (i.e.. him) at the top of the music world.

Two rock bitches fell out at the height of their ego trip and the greatest rock n roll band of the last 30 years fell on its arse.

End of.

Yes, I made it up as an alternate theory. Slash would never come out and say he hated Axl, doesn't mean he doesn't. And I think it would be hates working with Axl more, Slash isn't some insane bigoted idiot. I don't think Axl has said he hates Slash, just that the fans have been lied to.

What I'm saying is that after Slash had decided not to continue with Axl, he was smart in not broadcasting why. I think it's more that he put up with Axl from the get go and rode the crazy train to the top. It's hard to just turn around and say I just can't take it anymore. Axl probably never any different, so it's like what's changed, why won't he play, he's out ta get me! Slash is pointing at Axl saying it was him, he made me quit! But really quit because he wanted to and Axl carried on because he wanted to. It just so happens it caused Axl a problem. Maybe it wasn't a problem.

Basically all I'm saying is there is no specific event or thing that made them quit, they just sobered up and realized Axl is crazy. I'm not trying to paint Slash as a monster, just smart enough not to look like an ass just as he releases a solo record. He's never been quoted as saying he pretty much benefitted off Axl's craziness in some cases. I mean he has but it's not what he leads with. It's I'm up for a reunion, ask Axl. He kept people thinking it was Axl, when Axl would probably do one if they got it together. But Slash isn't going to, he'd had enough then, is he really going back to waiting for Axl in stadiums full of Mexicans? To me this is an alternate way of looking at it, not what I think necessarily is true. Nothing really happened, people just read into Slash leaving and it cost Axl a lot.

Edited by wasted

You do not have to over analyse any of this when you consider the fact that Axl has the mental age of a two year old. Like a toddler not getting that expensive toy they so crave, Axl has tantrums. Axl did not get his own way when Slash took a disliking to Tobias; he did not get his own way when Slash put together Snakepit; he did not get his own way - and generally seemed surprised by the fact - that Slash and McKagan seemed to dislike his legal power grab and said as much in the media.

It is that simple. If you always consider the fact that Axl is, mentally, a two years old throwing his toys about while shitting in his nappy, everything makes sense.

I mean he still needs a nanny haha, Beta.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 2

If you think about it Slash "hates" Axl because of that reason. That's why he left GNR, because of Axl.

Axl tried to keep him. Axl must know as well as anyone about his moods. But once Slash left, Axl probably thought I don't need Slash. But then how it played in the media, with Slash basically saying yes Axl it's Axl's fault. That must piss Axl off, so he hates him.

I mean if Axl had been late and Slash had just said "no problem, man." or when Axl wanted him to play on his material Slash said "Okay, cool. Let's do it" Or when Axl brought in Tobias just said "Fine, I can see he works for you." Then there would be no reason to hate Axl. No reason to leave.

You can see it with Dj, Fortus and Tommy staying and Ron getting frustrated. I think Slash hated Axl first, then Axl hated him back. Hate a bit too strong, but you know have a problem with them.

• 6 months later...

I think Axl is insane, and everything gets bloated, but that doesn't make his reasons whack. And you don't seem like you'll give him the benefit of the doubt so whatever. Can't trust your ass. :P

You're right I don't cause he doesn't have a history of holding back.

Why be different if this is the worst shit anybody has ever pulled on him..

Get in the Ring...

His beef with Vince Neil

His rants about Kurt Cobain

His rant about Warren Beaty

His rant about Bucket

I'm not saying Slash is innocent, I just don't think he's any more evil than anyone else involved in a band beef.

the key is those people didn't matter as much as slash did, even the guys in the band, everyone was replaceable except slash.
Maybe Axl doesn't hate Slash that much or in that way. It's more that Slash won't come back. Axl said they won't ever share a stage again and that was decided in the heart of someone a long time ago ie Slash. So once Axl realised this he put his wall up and tried to move on but Slash has dogged him all the way. Lawsuits, comments, misleading people on the reality. They were badasses together, nice boys don't play rock n roll. Suddenly Axl is the bad guy?

We or the media make it into Axl hates Slash, and Slash plays along but he hates Axl way more. Because the way Axl acted, acts, is. So it's more a case of Axl is difficult and they couldn't put up with it anymore.

So from Axls point of view he was just being the same, creative, head strong, late with a bit of a temper. So really the other guys who just lost patience or the will to live. So a reunion is more up to them to get with the program. Not oh poor me I make millions of dollars and have to help Axl with his songs, we might write a hit song and be awesome. No I want to just do it my way. I'm going to quit and blame Axl. And people believed them...for a while anyway. I'm on to you, I'm the Columbo of hair metal.

Just one more thing...

He's been touring all over the world for 6 years promoting Chinese Democracy. I don't know how anyone could consider that retirement. The final Vegas show was only 3 months ago. Perhaps he's been resting and finalizing the next album.

He's played a small selection of songs from Chinese Democracy regularly but if that's called promotion then he's been promoting Appetite way more. No actual promotion hence only the people on the barrier are singing along to the 'new' 16-year-old songs.

As soon as I heard the rumour I just thought that's the biggest load of bollocks I've heard

But why when MSL's memory stick full of GNR camp emails had Axl disolving the band and variously firing and re-hiring people? Besides, it totally fits Axl's behaviour. Even if in that particular instance it wasn't true, in general it's way more likely to have some truth to it than be bollocks.

By the way, that new poster would be better off at Truth than HTGTH. At least Truth is relatively active and has some truly vile cupcakes who squash dissent and speak of the legacy of NewGuns as if Axl's achieved something comparable to Maiden over the last 16 years.

He's been touring all over the world for 6 years promoting Chinese Democracy. I don't know how anyone could consider that retirement. The final Vegas show was only 3 months ago. Perhaps he's been resting and finalizing the next album.

He's played a small selection of songs from Chinese Democracy regularly but if that's called promotion then he's been promoting Appetite way more. No actual promotion hence only the people on the barrier are singing along to the 'new' 16-year-old songs.

As soon as I heard the rumour I just thought that's the biggest load of bollocks I've heard

But why when MSL's memory stick full of GNR camp emails had Axl disolving the band and variously firing and re-hiring people? Besides, it totally fits Axl's behaviour. Even if in that particular instance it wasn't true, in general it's way more likely to have some truth to it than be bollocks.

By the way, that new poster would be better off at Truth than HTGTH. At least Truth is relatively active and has some truly vile cupcakes who squash dissent and speak of the legacy of NewGuns as if Axl's achieved something comparable to Maiden over the last 16 years.

What happened to MSL? It's the perfect time for a new scam.

What happened to MSL? It's the perfect time for a new scam.

He runs GNRTruth and he's training for an in-ring comeback in Texas next year at 32.

As compelling as those MSL email subjects were (and they were only subjects or topics) I find it really hard to buy into them fully. I'd at least have to read one or two of them or see something more profoundly released than just a list of what he maybe has.

A smart guy with some time on his hands could craft a decent scam like that and he's pretty capable of that from what I've seen.

Also, the fact that Axl & Team Brazil allegedly paid him $10,000 to not release them (instead of suing him for all he has) is what's really off about the whole thing.

It looks to me that the band is just taking some time off this year.

In your estimation, how long do you think it would take for you to be informed if reunion talks were taking place? How hard would it be for you to keep something like that a secret if and when you did find out. As a fan, it would be damn near impossible for me but I imagine it would be a little easier when you're actually friends with them. Only a little though.