Queen Live at the Rainbow '74 (Official Release)

Bruno P.

I love any Queen show that has Liar in it.

yeah, that was my long time fav from them

Back when YouTube only had like three Queen videos, I played a clip of Liar from Earls Court (correct me if I am wrong on that) and proved to them that Queen rocked just as hard as Zeppelin or Deep Purple. They were blown away of course.

Rainbow '74 is such a Queen hipster's dream setlist. You really have to know your Queen to dig all the tunes being played, but Wembley 86 had pretty much every big song they released.

Well most casual fans aren't going to pick up Libe at the Rainbow. They're more likely to pick up one of the numerous (mostly unneeded) greatest hits.

While I didn't care much for Queen Forever, it was nice that it wasn't really another greatest hits album.

And Greatest Hits III could have been so much better!

I was impressed with the track listing of Forever. Greatest Hits is a great way to make sure their kids are well off. Especially Deacon's. My first Queen purchase was The Platinum Collection. Then I bought A Night at the Opera and Live at Wembley and so on and so forth

Hardcore fans are not hipsters though. We just really love Queen.

I think my favorite performance off this release is White Queen. I really like Liar as well. Especially when John sings into Freddie's mic...does he sing or not? In those days if they show that on TV it would cause controversy.

Freddie was always protective of John, encouraged him to write his songs so he can feel more apart of the band.

I really love the Jailhouse Rock performances.

Can't beat the rare performance of The Fairy-Feller's Master Stroke, and I love that they did Modern Times Rock 'n' Roll, even if Freddie takes over on vocals.

My dream Greatest Hits III would be (not necessarily this order):

Under Pressure (Rah Mix)

Scandal

Let Me Live

Spread Your Wings

Princes of the Universe

Too Much Love Will Kill You

Back Chat

I Can't Live With You

A Winter's Tale

Tie Your Mother Down

Las Palabras de Amor (The Words of Love)

Body Language

You Don't Fool Me

These Are The Days of Our Lives

Heaven For Everyone

Thank God It's Christmas

No-One But You

17 tracks, and most are actual hits. All but Princes of the Universe were top 40, most are top 30-top 20. Much better than Brian solo songs, Freddie solo songs, Elton John, and the horrible Wyclef Jean cover.

My CD hasn't come in the mail yet. Really looking forward to it. I don't own too many live releases. I only have Live Killers, the Wembley '86 Hollywood release, Milton Keyes on DVD and Rainbow on Blu ray. I am considering getting Keys on CD, but I have my doubts. I definitely need to get Wembley on DVD though

I thought it was weird they put on solo stuff as well as remixes and Elton John and George Michael. Greatest Hits are supposed to be their own hits. I felt cheated listening to it. Your list is basically what is left out of I and II which is fine because so many of their songs go unappreciated. Even more unaappreciated were the tracks that never became singles, such as The March of the Black Queen, The Prophet's Song, Son and Daughter, My Fair King, and others. Brian said he regretted '39 never being released as a single because he felt it would have impacted people in a way. The song was special to him. It was certainly a great live stable, especially when Freddie sings it with heart.

'39 is such a great album track.

Milton Keynes is worth the CD if only to listen to it on the go.

I wish Rock In Rio was available apart from the four pack with Wembley 25, Queen On Fire, and Rock Montreal. I have three Rock Montreals, DVD, blu Ray, and Queen Live in Montreal, the Korean release of We Will Rock You.

Might be nice to listen to while driving to work.

I never bother with live shows for the most part because I can watch them all on YouTube. But if they master it in blu ray quality like they did with Rainbow, I am sold. It looked like it was shot last year. Anyway, I will have to work on adding to the concert collection. Have my fingers crossed for more 70's as well from The Game and The Works Tour. I guess Montreal is somewhat The Game.

• 5 months later...

I love any Queen show that has Liar in it.

yeah, that was my long time fav from them

Back when YouTube only had like three Queen videos, I played a clip of Liar from Earls Court (correct me if I am wrong on that) and proved to them that Queen rocked just as hard as Zeppelin or Deep Purple. They were blown away of course.

Agreed. I always tend to prefer the earlier years... when they were playing real rocking songs...

anyway, this is not hard rock but this is also a gem...