Kanye West 2015 - "Only One" feat. Paul McCartney out now

bacardimayne

Shitrappers like Kanye are terrible.

He also had a tantrum over an influx of rap threads in My World, going so far as to ask the mods to delete threads that weren't about rock music. :lol:

This is a rock music forum, not a buttrap forum

Please, show me where in the rules it's discouraged to talk about non-rock artists in My World. Not everyone has one dimensional, one genre shit taste like you and your buddies. :lol:

I just listened to this track with no idea of Kayne's stuff and a general idea of McCartney's stuff and I thought this is ok. Yeah, maybe, he could have done without some of the effects, but the message is clear and honest and the music is good.

My only question is that what did McCartney do for this song? Back-up vocals? Lyric writing? Piano/Keyboards/other organ-like instruments?

From what I understand he played the organ in the background. No vocals or lyric writing or anything like that.

im not a fan of rap music or the beatles but after all the talk around the net and here curiosity got the best of me and i gave the song a listen. its actually a pretty good song the organ in the background was simple but pretty catchy and it went with the music well and the lyrics were pretty well done. the only problem i had with the song was the auto tune kind of annoyed me a bit but it wasn't crazy over done where i wanted to rip my hair out of my head. this song alone makes it better than lulu :lol:

as for my world come on seriously? like dan said it is general music discussion. if you don't like rap dont reply to rap threads. if you want to talk about rock or whatever no one is stopping you from creating a thread and discussing it.

Edited by bran
  • Like 1

I couldn't finish listening to the song. No disrespect to those who like it, but autotune grates on my nerves like fingernails on a chalkboard. I really can't stand it. Not even from an "anyone can sing with autotune" standpoint, it's that I literally hate how it makes the human voice sound.

I thought the auto-tune used on the track was used in a much better manner than it was on 808's; it's not used as a crutch, but to give the voice a more "instrument" quality

From what I've heard, McCartney is responsible for the keys as well as some of the harmonics in verses

Mods do we really need 3 different Kanye West threads? Can someone just combine them all into a single Kanye West thread so it doesn't clog up My World

Please stop.

On topic:

After another good listen, it's definitely a bit of a grower. I like it, but it's not what I'm fully wanting from Kanye.

I think Paul is doing a bit of backing too with the "Oohs".

Such a crazy collaboration that I would have never expected. Seriously.

Ty Dolla $ign has announced in an interview with Billboard that he, Kanye West, Paul McCartney, and Rihanna have teamed up for a "crazy" song that will reportedly be "dropping soon".

Over the course of two days last September, Ty Dolla $ign and West recorded roughly nine songs together, including Kanye West and Paul McCartney's recent collaboration, "Only One", on which he sings background vocals. (The song, which is a tribute to West's daughter, is sung from the perspective of West's late mother Dr. Donda West.) According to Ty Dolla $ign, one of the other eight songs he recorded with Kanye is a collaboration with Rihanna and Paul McCartney.

http://pitchfork.com/news/57938-ty-dolla-ign-says-he-kanye-west-rihanna-and-paul-mccartney-are-dropping-a-song-together/

Dadrocker blood is boiling globally

• Like 1

haha, how do you stroll through pop culture withou an awareness of Paul McCartney. Even if these people are kinda young or don't actively listen to he Beatles, I mean he's not a recluse or anything, I see his name in the news pretty often.

• Like 1

You know, unfortunately a lot of kids don't. They listen to these radiostations with only rap/hip hop/ dance. They probably only hear the name, cause of the parents or they just don't remember the names, cause they hardy listen to The Beatles. They hardly play it on the radio and tv nowadays. If a kid only likes Rap/Hip hop/dance, they don't come across the Beatles automaticly.

I asked my 18 year old stepson, who does know the Beatles, cause of me, but didn't know the name Paul McCartney. So I had to hit him. Haha, kidding .......I just punched him a little. :lol:

I made him learn all the names of the Beatles this evening. Tomorrow he has to say the names again.

I was actually already learning him about music. Making playlists and such. Seems there is more work for me to do.;)

Edited by MB.