Metalcore/Deathcore Thread

Death Star

Picked up currentlyiatening to the new Color Morale album and am going to see Villains soon. Good band check them out.

Also been listening to a lot of The Last Ten Seconds Of Life and Whitechapel. So what Banda are you guys currently listening to?

And no Trivium, Bullet For My Valentine, Black Veil Brides, Avenged Swvenfold are neither metalcore or deathcore.

Edited by Death Star

May as well just PM sweetness (or bran?). :lol:

Jk mate, yeah I'm not really into this stuff.

i dont like deathcore and metalcore :lol:

Yeah that's why I put the "?" lol. I knew you were into the heavy stuff, and tbh, even though I like some of it, and have played guitar for nearly a decade, I have no idea what the differences between all of these uber-heavy subgenre's are. I mean some of them are clearly distinct, some including punk influence, others classical, etc., but overall I can't really discern.

• Like 1

May as well just PM sweetness (or bran?). :lol:

Jk mate, yeah I'm not really into this stuff.

i dont like deathcore and metalcore :lol:

Yeah that's why I put the "?" lol. I knew you were into the heavy stuff, and tbh, even though I like some of it, and have played guitar for nearly a decade, I have no idea what the differences between all of these uber-heavy subgenre's are. I mean some of them are clearly distinct, some including punk influence, others classical, etc., but overall I can't really discern.

deathcore is just death metal with metalcore influences. that is basically the difference. there are differences in vocals and some song structure even though these are not always straight across the board but it is a good enough reference. there are good deathcore bands, all shall perish and impending doom are pretty good, but as a whole its not a style i like too much.

Fuckin' deathcore my arse! :lol: What is it with metal and people going on about doom and death and all that cobblers? Get a fuckin' haircut and a wash and stop being so bloody silly! :lol:

death metal gets its name from a band name, not really anything to do with lyric content. there is a lot of death metal bands that have lyrics that deal with a bunch of different things. now though whenever someone hears death metal they think it has something to do with "death" :lol:

just downloaded that album The Blackest Beautiful. A couple songs in, not bad. But I think I'll have to listen to it a few times to have a real opinion on it.

The Ongoing Concept is similar to letlive. and their album Saloon is really good. Fake History is another good letlive. album.