Jack The Ripper's identity revealed

WFA

Arthur Leigh Allen had nothing to do with Zodiac. Zilch. He could have written the letters, but he didn't. The man who was Zodiac wrote those letters and I'm quite confident he committed each of the murders alone and without an accomplice.

The most I believe Allen was responsible for was stalking Robert Graysmith and calling him late at night. This was because Allen knew Graysmith was an amateur sleuth trying to connect him to a case that, at that point, began to annoy him. Graysmith used this as further evidence that Allen was Zodiac. He was just an angry, sexually repressed white-guy who grew to hate the anonymity the Zodiac case brought him.

Whomever the Zodiac killer was, he probably came under the radar of law enforcement at some point, as all killers tend to do, even if it is just as a footnote somewhere in the investigative process. I don't believe he was any of the publicized suspects, as he seems to have been too wily to be one of those characters.

The last good book I read on Zodiac was the case for Earl Van Best Jr., written by his son:

zodiac.jpg

Though hardly conclusive, this gentleman has interesting ties to the Zodiac case:

-He has a matching fingerprint to the one left at the scene of the San Francisco murder

-He has matching handwriting to the person who prepared the Zodiac letters (matched by experts)

-His name appears in the "My name is..." Zodiac cipher

-He actually looks like the composite of the killer (funny how not a single suspect before him did)

-Best of all: he had actual MOTIVE. Not for the commission of the crimes, per say, but of the fucking with the press that occurred afterwards. Specifically, with one San Francisco Chronicle writer named Paul Avery (Robert Downey Jr, to jog your memory) whom he hated with a burning passion.

Again, take anything and everything with a grain of salt in these books that claim to "solve" historic cases. If nothing else, they're great material for weekday nights when shitty TV is about the only thing that can pass the time.

I totally agree with your last two sentences!

But I think your assessment of Earl is a bit off.

No matching fingerprint.

LOL - you must not have seen the fall out from the "fingerprint expert".....turns out the "expert" who claimed the hand writing "WAS" from the same person who wrote the zodiac letters wasn't looking at Earl's writing, but was looking at the minister who married Earl and his wife. He did his study on Earl's marriage certificate - failing to realize it was filled out by the minister and not by Earl!!! So if this "expert" solved the case..........he just proved the Baptist minister was the Z killer.

Earl did look like one of the wanted poster sketches - but so did about 38% of all males in the united states at the time. Crew cut and dark glasses - that was the standard fare back then. Look at a yearbook of the time and you'll see 9-10 guys on every page that match the look. Plus, Z was always reported as a stocky guy, something that Earl was not.

And you can find your name in the code. It doesn't just spell out his name. I can manipulate it so my name is in it. Heck, Gaikowski's name can be found in it.

Your final comment - I can't really find any fault in that. But disliking a newspaper writer isn't really the same as going on a killing spree. Not sure of the connection. I hate our local sports editor and have sent him 4-5 letters over the years criticizing his work. Does that mean I'll be attached to any serial murders that happen in my city?

And even the dude's final reasons why the police won't do a DNA sample is a conspiracy of the highest magnitude.

(Not a personal attack against you, just don't think any of the 'facts' you provided are relevant at all to this case)

All signs post to it not being one killer/letter writer.

Like I said. I fully believed in the entire case for a decade........until reading the info about the released police documents that just destroyed Graysmith's books to oblivion. So much of what Graysmith wrote about (and what was in the movie) is just bogus made-up twisted events.

Just small things that Graysmith twisted into something they weren't.

Like the Berryessa phone call to the police, supposedly from Z.

Zodiac gave the dispatcher the location of where the police could find the bodies.

Turns out his location was wrong.

The initial police dispatch over the radio gave the address of where the police needed to go to talk to the guy who was going to show the police where the bodies were!!!!! It was almost two miles from where the bodies actually were.

That's the location the "caller" gave - not the actual location of the bodies.

Why would the Z killer call the police and give the wrong location of the bodies? Well, because he wasn't the real killer. He just heard the police scanner/radio and called with the info he heard.....

There are a 100 things like that in Graysmith's book. Where he "twists" or leaves little things out of the equation.

There are perfectly logical explanations (and there were actual suspects) for each of the murders.

Graysmith's presents the one couple getting shot at a lover's lane area.

OR

The one dude was a well known drug dealer.

The girl, who was married to somebody else, was telling her friends that she was doing undercover drug work for the police.

The area they were shot at was a well known spot for drug deals.

Throw those three facts into the mixture and it paints the picture a bit differently than just saying a woman was cheating on her husband with a guy at a WELL KNOWN lover's lane.

Graysmith also leaves out the fact that two guys CALLED the police that night to report that THEY had saw the crime. They were druggies themselves and didn't want their names involved. "I'd like to report a murder............"

The dispatcher didn't report her famous call until after that information was released. Records show that she received two calls, and the general thought is that a couple days later when she wrote up her report, that she mistakenly combined the two calls into one.

But Graysmith acts like there was one call, it gave specific details, and that the info was taken the night it happened. Not the case at all. She received two calls and didn't write up her report until LATER.

She could have received a call from the Zodiac. But once you add the other info........that throws in the "well, that's a bit odd. Maybe she was mistaken and just caught up in the excitement of it being a serial killer blah blah blah." JUST a little thing, no doubt. But once you look at ALL the "known" evidence from Graysmith and see that it all has those weird things attached to them that he leaves out.

Almost all of Graysmith's "facts" need huge caveats attached to them.

• Like 2

We will never know, Patricia Cornwall wrote a very entertaining book on the Ripper murders where she claimed it was the artist Walter Sickert...

DNA match is pretty conclusive evidence, plus this guy was considered amongst the suspects.

From Hell to me will still be a good movie. ;)

If I remember correctly it's mitochondrial dna, which is far more prone to contamination. Also, it has been on an article.of clothing passed around for 150 years. I'm not a Ripperologist, but I have a passing interest in historical cold cases and the Ripper is the Holy Grail. I'm still a fan of H.H. Holmes being a suspect.

Arthur Leigh Allen had nothing to do with Zodiac. Zilch. He could have written the letters, but he didn't. The man who was Zodiac wrote those letters and I'm quite confident he committed each of the murders alone and without an accomplice.

The most I believe Allen was responsible for was stalking Robert Graysmith and calling him late at night. This was because Allen knew Graysmith was an amateur sleuth trying to connect him to a case that, at that point, began to annoy him. Graysmith used this as further evidence that Allen was Zodiac. He was just an angry, sexually repressed white-guy who grew to hate the anonymity the Zodiac case brought him.

Whomever the Zodiac killer was, he probably came under the radar of law enforcement at some point, as all killers tend to do, even if it is just as a footnote somewhere in the investigative process. I don't believe he was any of the publicized suspects, as he seems to have been too wily to be one of those characters.

The last good book I read on Zodiac was the case for Earl Van Best Jr., written by his son:

zodiac.jpg

Though hardly conclusive, this gentleman has interesting ties to the Zodiac case:

-He has a matching fingerprint to the one left at the scene of the San Francisco murder

-He has matching handwriting to the person who prepared the Zodiac letters (matched by experts)

-His name appears in the "My name is..." Zodiac cipher

-He actually looks like the composite of the killer (funny how not a single suspect before him did)

-Best of all: he had actual MOTIVE. Not for the commission of the crimes, per say, but of the fucking with the press that occurred afterwards. Specifically, with one San Francisco Chronicle writer named Paul Avery (Robert Downey Jr, to jog your memory) whom he hated with a burning passion.

Again, take anything and everything with a grain of salt in these books that claim to "solve" historic cases. If nothing else, they're great material for weekday nights when shitty TV is about the only thing that can pass the time.

That sketch of Zodiac kinda looks like D.B. Cooper.....;)

Everyone reckons these fuckin' nobbers are some kinda criminal geniuses, bollocks, they were just about in days past where we didn't have the technology to catch em in a fortnight like we would today. Fuck me, sending letters to the filth, they'd have him arse up in a cell quicker than you could read your horrorscope.

It's like that BTK guy in Wichita, this fuckin' bell-end is doing people over all through the 70s, writing letters to the fuckin' coppers and the media and all that, fancying himself some kinda fuckin' criminal genius, then he disappears for a while, has another go in the 2000s, sends em a fuckin' floppy disk with some shit on it and they go 'File...Properties....ah, i see this disk was last saved at the such and such church where he works and they drove down and nicked the bastard.

Criminal geniuses my fuckin' hairy arse, serial killers, all of em, are fuckin' arrogant twats who fancy themselves some kind of geniuses when they're just sad lonely twats that can't get a shag, most of em. Fuckin' curtain twitchers whoose bollocks start to grow peeking in peoples windows, every fuckin' last one of em that I seen never looked much to me.

I think we're programmed to fear these bastards, they put em on the telly with all eerie music on and try and shit us up but the fact is, who are they, Peter Sutcliffe, some fuckin' Northern truck driver with ready made wank-pants made out of a pair of long johns, they're just pathetic.

Any of these fuckers around nowadays wouldn't last five fuckin' minutes, least of all Zodiac with his fuckin' mammograms or whatever the fuck they're called, sending letter after letter to the media? They'd DNA his arse all up and down the street, the cunt.

My favourite thing is when they get the shit beat out of em, like ol' Dickie Ramirez, Satans little helper getting his fuckin' brains beat out by a bunch of LA mexicans, I'd've fuckin' paid money to see that, apparently the filth turned up just before they were getting ready to lynch the bastard. 'The dark lord', do me a favour :lol:

Edited by Lennie Godber
  • Like 1

Everyone reckons these fuckin' nobbers are some kinda criminal geniuses, bollocks, they were just about in days past where we didn't have the technology to catch em in a fortnight like we would today. Fuck me, sending letters to the filth, they'd have him arse up in a cell quicker than you could read your horrorscope.

It's like that BTK guy in Wichita, this fuckin' bell-end is doing people over all through the 70s, writing letters to the fuckin' coppers and the media and all that, fancying himself some kinda fuckin' criminal genius, then he disappears for a while, has another go in the 2000s, sends em a fuckin' floppy disk with some shit on it and they go 'File...Properties....ah, i see this disk was last saved at the such and such church where he works and they drove down and nicked the bastard.

Criminal geniuses my fuckin' hairy arse, serial killers, all of em, are fuckin' arrogant twats who fancy themselves some kind of geniuses when they're just sad lonely twats that can't get a shag, most of em. Fuckin' curtain twitchers whoose bollocks start to grow peeking in peoples windows, every fuckin' last one of em that I seen never looked much to me.

I think we're programmed to fear these bastards, they put em on the telly with all eerie music on and try and shit us up but the fact is, who are they, Peter Sutcliffe, some fuckin' Northern truck driver with ready made wank-pants made out of a pair of long johns, they're just pathetic.

Any of these fuckers around nowadays wouldn't last five fuckin' minutes, least of all Zodiac with his fuckin' mammograms or whatever the fuck they're called, sending letter after letter to the media? They'd DNA his arse all up and down the street, the cunt.

My favourite thing is when they get the shit beat out of em, like ol' Dickie Ramirez, Satans little helper getting his fuckin' brains beat out by a bunch of LA mexicans, I'd've fuckin' paid money to see that, apparently the filth turned up just before they were getting ready to lynch the bastard. 'The dark lord', do me a favour :lol:

Oh Len, how I missed your beautiful English insults. You say such ugly things, yet make it sound so beautiful. It's a talent my friend.

It's interesting, for sure, but too much time has passed for anyone to ever really close the book on a case this ubiquitous.

I'm still holding out for the identity of the Zodiac. We might be able to swallow that one if it the answer comes all neatly wrapped in a bow in the next twenty years.

Arthur Leigh Allen was the Zodiac killer.

No, he wasn't. He was made into a character by an author who was trying to sell books. It was later proven that about 90% of the "evidence" that Graysmith had and promoted was actually false or extremely spun to try and make ALA appear to be the Zodiac. The majority of his book and the famous movie Zodiac are both pretty much based on non-facts made up by Graysmith.

Unfortunately, there probably never was an actual Zodiac serial killer. The reason he was never caught was probably because the killings were done by different people - and were erroneously tied together for awhile as the work of one man. A lot of the law enforcement officials from the time period and area never believe it was one man doing it all. Random murders - that's the reason no one suspect was ever able to be tied to all the different killings.

A few years back the police released thousands of pages of case notes relating to the initial investigation. Each murder actually had a specific suspect or two, the letters didn't really match up, Graysmith's book is a load of garbage, etc.

And I say that as a huge fan of the case. I saw the movie, read all the books, spent time on Z forums and message boards. I personally believed that Richard Gaikowski made the most sense as being Zodiac. But once you look at the police documents, it makes it pretty obvious that there was no "Zodiac Killer." Even things like the famous calls to the police from the "killer" turn out to be false.

Graysmith took a lot of random events...............chose his favorite suspect..............lied about certain important facts.......then twisted everything else to fit into making Allen look guilty.

Funny thing is that Graysmith's book is what made the Z killer one of the most popular unsolved cases of all time. Yet, it also was so inaccurate in terms of facts that even the police knew it was an absolute joke, and thousands of people have wasted thousands of hours trying to solve the case and not knowing they were using lies as their evidence.

Even if they ever find real proof to who Jack the Ripper was, what does it matter now? It's like over 100 years. I don't think anyone would care.\

I think it was either one of the royal family or a important doctor. He had to have had knowledge of the human body because of the way he cut the women up.

It would be cool if they could find out who it was, but I doubt this mystery will ever be solved.

SMH.

Nobody would care? Nobody would care if the most infamous unsolved murder case of all time was solved? How many movies and books have been written about possible suspects? Ripper is one of the 10 most popular unsolved mysteries/scandals of all time. Millions of people would care.

YOU think it was a member of the royal family? LOL, did you call Scotland Yard and let them know? And why would it be an "important" doctor and not just a regular doctor? You say nobody would care, but your very answer of your suspects shows how delusional your statement is. Why must the killer be somebody famous? The more likely answer would be that it was some low-life scumbag who enjoy cutting up prostitutes. I hate to burst your bubble, but not every serial killer is Dexter or Hannibal Lecter.

Are your opinions on every issue based on pop culture and what you see in the movies?

Interesting insight Groghan, thanks. Enjoyed that post as someone who has an interest but hasn't spent a great deal of time reading about the Zodiac killer.

• Like 1

Voltage,

It's a fascinating study if you think about it.

One of the most popular and intriguing unsolved mysteries of all time - right down to a 5-star movie.

And it never really happened!

It couldn't happen with today's technology.

I really don't know how Graysmith looked at himself in the mirror every morning.

i've always been fascinated by the Zodiac case, and it's one that may actually be solved one day if a family member finds evidence - but so far it seems to always be a stepson or estranged son who is convinced his dad was the killer, yet the 'evidence' always has big holes, and of course there's a book to sell behind it all.

DB Cooper is another one that's always fascinated me. incredible that no one has ever come forward about a relative disappearing on that day -- unless he actually survived the jump, in which case, equally incredible.