[Bumblefoot] Little Brother Is Watching

Silent Jay

Solid first track.

https://www.yahoo.com/music/get-a-first-listen-to-bumblefoots-little-brother-109402234316.html

The artist himself had this to say about the song’s inspiration: “Orwell’s1984 told of a futuristic Totalitarian state with a constant eye watching over the masses: ‘Big Brother Is Watching You.’ From those pages to our reality, we live the unwritten sequel, where we have access to technology allowing us to do the watching,” he explains. “We the people, ‘little Brother,’ are the surveillance of the government, the police, each other, and ourselves.

"Everyone is captured and displayed at their best and worst for all to see. And we’re forced to confront and react to who we are," he continues. "Either we can revel in our humanity and show each other our beautiful imperfections, or we can strive to be perfect and try to hide our ‘flaws’.

"This song touches on those pressures. We judge each other, and ourselves, both based on who we are. But remember, you are not defined by other people’s perception. You can learn from it, but don’t be enslaved by it."

Thought the song was cool, I'm going to wager that there's better songs on the album. This is good though. Much, much more interesting than AOA... In my opinion. I know bumble loves the punk vibe but, I think he's strongest when he sings in his natural voice (not snotty non conformist punk voice) and plays more traditional rock like turn around or simple days. Definitely checking this album out, the last two albums were great and the singles from 2011 weren't too shabby either.

Edited by Tom2112

Not bad, prefer this to Slash stuff from recent album.

Come on Slash had one of the most popular rock records of 2014... And I have to say I've gave it more than a few listens and it's good from top to bottom... Some absolute killer tracks, if you really like gnr then you should love the record, Myles's voice has got a little deeper and he has really grown on me... That's from a guy who didn't like apocalyptic love and was bored when I saw them in London in 2012... Saw them in Dublin last year and my mind has been changed... Although that extended rocket queen solo nearly derailed the show.

Edited by Tom2112

Not bad, prefer this to Slash stuff from recent album.

Come on Slash had one of the most popular rock records of 2014... And I have to say I've gave it more than a few listens and it's good from top to bottom... Some absolute killer tracks, if you really like gnr then you should love the record, Myles's voice has got a little deeper and he has really grown on me... That's from a guy who didn't like apocalyptic love and was bored when I saw them in London in 2012... Saw them in Dublin last year and my mind has been changed... Although that extended rocket queen solo nearly derailed the show.

Preferred the 2010 album, listened to it lots. I've gone off Slash lots since then, his stuff in Guns is so much better than his solo material, personally I believe he has never topped his Guns stuff.