[Bumblefoot] Little Brother Is Watching

Silent Jay

I really want to hear Argentina

I know. I know what it's like.

Me too! It so weird to be so deprived of Guns n' Roses music, that you have to latch on to these quasi guns songs. I'm sure I will really like Argentina, because it sounds freaking awesome already! Axl, hurry up...

Wasn't it written for Axl at first?

I really want to hear Argentina

I know. I know what it's like.

Me too! It so weird to be so deprived of Guns n' Roses music, that you have to latch on to these quasi guns songs. I'm sure I will really like Argentina, because it sounds freaking awesome already! Axl, hurry up...

Wasn't it written for Axl at first?

Yep. Written for Guns, or at least after he wrote it he thought "this could be a cool Guns song". Also: he said how he thought Axl could sing on it.

Edited by Rovim

• 3 weeks later...

The title track sounds awesome, I know it has got nothing to do with TB, but one can interpret that Little brother could Fernando, he is like Axl's little brother, and all of them are watching Bumblefoot on what he is doing lol, anyways all the best to Ron for his album

• Like 1

Hate to say this but I prefer Modern Vintage.

I feel awful.

I honestly don't believe it could possibly be worse than Modern Vintage.

Although, from the samples I've heard, sounds like there's 3-4 good songs and the rest is pretty 'meh' :shrugs:

Finally got around to getting 'Normal' as well when I pre-ordered this album, so I know I'm getting at least 1 good Bumble album :P

Hate to say this but I prefer Modern Vintage.

I feel awful.

I honestly don't believe it could possibly be worse than Modern Vintage.

Although, from the samples I've heard, sounds like there's 3-4 good songs and the rest is pretty 'meh' :shrugs:

Finally got around to getting 'Normal' as well when I pre-ordered this album, so I know I'm getting at least 1 good Bumble album :P

I like Give Me a Love and Hyperventilate from Modern Vintage.

From Little Brother..., I think it's pretty much just "Sleepwalking" that at least sounds interesting to me. Disappointed by Argentina :/

My first impressions:

Well, the first track 'Clots' is a bit annoying. That chorus... man, wtf? Had to skip it after the second one. This is the kind of Ron's material that I never liked.

Everybody knows the title track, is good.

Argentina - is pure magic. Maybe the more melodic part could appear a bit more, but it is great anyway! Nice vocals and guitar work. An epic song. It would have been a great GN'R song.

Don't Know Who to Pray Anymore - A nice ballad! I'm sure it will grow a lot on me. Great guitar works and vocals. A looong solo on the end

Livin' The Dream - Kind of a silly riff that works good with the song. Great chorus man, nice melody! Again nice vocals and guitar work. Really like this one

Cuterebra - Again, the kind of Ron's material that I don't like. Good guitars here and there, but I don't like the song overall.

Higher - Have some nice acoustic parts, I always like when Ron plays some acoustic. Anyway this is not an acoustic song by any means, it's more of a rocker. A good one! The chorus is really catchy, it works good! Nice solo on the end

Women Rule The World - Another good rocker. It's more Bumble's usual style than 'Higher', but is good.

Sleepwalking - Pretty good chorus again. Bumblefoot did a great work with the choruses in this album, except for the ugly one in the opening track, ha.

Eternity - Classic Bumblefoot. Could very well be on his 'Normal' album. That's good! Has that kind of vibe. I really like this kind of Bumble's material.

Never Again - A great rocker to finish the album. The chorus is catchy as hell! Never say never say never say never again.

I'm sure the album will grow a lote on me, but I really really liked it! It is a great Bumblefoot record, and maybe with time it could become my favourite of him. On the next listens will try to pay more attention to the lyrics.

• Like 1

I mean the album is like High School musical on a pop metal way....

It's good for the general rock audience once or twice, but this album is forgettable within two months

I start to think if anything GNR related released with Ron or DJ on it, it would be suck BIG TIME

Edited by Motivation
  • Like 1

Agree, Argentina would have been such a great gnr song.Feels like Estranged a bit. Don't like the lyrics much.

Don't Know Who To Pray to Anymore is a good little song, with a nice guitar solo. But doesn't sound like GNR.

IMO best bumblefoot effort, with huge sing along melodies, great arrangements.

Edited by Silent Jay