[Bumblefoot] Little Brother Is Watching

Silent Jay

so you think that a song like This I Love isn't totally a Queen-wannabe song? you've got a lot to learn then. most of the choruses, countless vocal lines, song progressions, etc - there are several Queen-inspired-wannabe moments on this album.

Oh, this isnt new, by the way. Axl tried to write his own Bohemian Rhapsody - he called it November Rain.

Then you have a Zep wannabe in Riad. I could go on and on but i made my point...

This I Love never reminded me of Queen. More like that Meatloaf guy kind of ballads.

I've got a lot to learn? Yeah, right.

I don't see comparison between Bohemian Rhapsody and November Rain. But if you think so, that's fine. Nov Rain is an amazing song and it comes nowhere near this horrid Argentina tune.

You can go on and on and on at your attempt of equating Guns N' Roses best songs to these shits pulled by Bumblefoot, but you will fail every time and I will LOL at it.

uh, did I mention Bfoot? Guess not. I am talking about Axl And his Queen inspiration. Go on and ask him about it - Queen is one of his biggest inspirations and Freddie is probably his favorite singer. You said that there arent many Queen-esque moments on CD, I said that I hear a lot of Queen, especially on the choruses, multiple vocal tracks put together, etc. You had to bring Bfoot out of the blue so you could feel better? I dont know, but Axl had a lot of Queen moments in his career and he would be the first to confirm that.

I meant wannabe in terms of trying to sound similar, not in a 'he tried But failed miserably'.

Edited by Bruno P.

so you think that a song like This I Love isn't totally a Queen-wannabe song? you've got a lot to learn then. most of the choruses, countless vocal lines, song progressions, etc - there are several Queen-inspired-wannabe moments on this album.

Oh, this isnt new, by the way. Axl tried to write his own Bohemian Rhapsody - he called it November Rain.

Then you have a Zep wannabe in Riad. I could go on and on but i made my point...

This I Love never reminded me of Queen. More like that Meatloaf guy kind of ballads.

I don't see comparison between Bohemian Rhapsody and November Rain. But if you think so, that's fine. Nov Rain is an amazing song and it comes nowhere near this horrid Argentina tune.

You can go on and on and on at your attempt of equating Guns N' Roses best songs to these shits pulled by Bumblefoot, but you will fail every time and I will LOL at it.

uh, did I mention Bfoot? Guess not. I am talking about Axl And his Queen inspiration. Go on and ask him about it - Queen is one of his biggest inspirations and Freddie is probably his favorite singer. You said that there arent many Queen-esque moments on CD, I said that I hear a lot of Queen, especially on the choruses, multiple vocal tracks put together, etc. You had to bring Bfoot out of the blue so you could feel better? I dont know, but Axl had a lot of Queen moments in his career and he would be the first to confirm that.

I meant wannabe in terms of trying to sound similar, not in a 'he tried But failed miserably'.

I like your avatar.

As a fan of Bumble, I can understand what you're saying. Bumble is heavily influenced by Queen. You can hear it in his music including this new solo album. His whole Catcher lead work is of course a great example of how he can mimic May's style too, specifically. He knows how to incorporate that style and Queen as a whole in his music and the whole opera thing is taken to a metal ish place.

That doesn't mean he fits to the Guns sound. I'm one of those people that enjoys most of his work on Chinese, but I must admit, Axl's style doesn't sound anything like Bumble's style. They're both influenced by many things, not just Queen and the 2 don't fit together very well.

Robin's and Bucket's style of playing really fits with Axl's on Chinese, and Slash's way of playing was perfect.

Bumble was never a good choice stylistically for Guns if I'm trying to be objective. He's still an amazing guitar player though. A rare talent that noodles a little too much and is not for everyone.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

I like your avatar.

As a fan of Bumble, I can understand what you're saying. Bumble is heavily influenced by Queen. You can hear it in his music including this new solo album. His whole Catcher lead work is of course a great example of how he can mimic May's style too, specifically. He knows how to incorporate that style and Queen as a whole in his music and the whole opera thing is taken to a metal ish place.

That doesn't mean he fits to the Guns sound. I'm one of those people that enjoys most of his work on Chinese, but I must admit, Axl's style doesn't sound anything like Bumble's style. They're both influenced by many things, not just Queen and the 2 don't fit together very well.

Robin's and Bucket's style of playing really fits with Axl's on Chinese, and Slash's way of playing was perfect.

Bumble was never a good choice stylistically for Guns if I'm trying to be objective. He's still an amazing guitar player though. A rare talent that noodles a little too much and is not for everyone.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. However, I'd still be interested in listening to Ron/Robin plus Axl songs, but that didn't happen. Think about that intro to Going Down, and the whole lead/rhythm section. Amazing intro and guitar work. I'm not interested in a Ron/DJ song because DJ's work is generic, boring and uninspired. He'd turn a good song into a bunch of generic bad sounding notes

Regarding my avatar, I can't wait for Zelda U, I love that pic :D

Edited by Bruno P.

What can I say, the album is packed with great melodies and some awesome great guitar work on some parts.

But the production seems amateurish and bumblefoot voice seems like it's more interested in nailing the notes than actually singing, a little too much artifacts and kinda operatic for my taste.

I think that some of the songs with a different mix/singer would be killer.

Edited by shredingskin

I think Ron's voice is actually really great on this. I wouldn't want a different singer.

I'ts definetly his best voice effort, but sometimes I feel it seems kinda "forced", it's not that bad.

After another listening, I'm starting to like it, Women Rule the World is pretty awesome, Argentina is OK, Higher also, and little brother is watching is one of the best, too bad I can't "unlisten" to muse song the resistance, is pretty obvious that is HEAVILY influenced by it.

Fuck. So I heard Argentina in full now. It's good for 2 minutes and 30 seconds, then it goes somewhere else. And Bumblefoots voice sounds really forced in it. Axl could have made it gold, even though the lyrics are so so. Dissapointed! I have to listen to the whole album, see if it gets better. Goddammit. Fucking Axl... give us the fucking music already!

So Bumblefoot had his gig at The Underworld Camden with GUNS 2 ROSES last night. It was a great night. Bit of drama when some dickhead threw a plastic glass at Ron. Ron was F**king furious and was going to be in the crowd fighting. There was a moment where members of the band had to restrain him...But it all added to the night. More 'dangerous' than any real GN'R shows of late.

He performed 'Glad to be here', 'Little Brother', 'Don't know who to pray to anymore' & took bass duty on a whole load of GN'R songs including 'Catcher in the Rye'.

Such an awesome show. Well done to G2R for getting it on.

Videos

Glad to be here -

Don't know who to pray to anymore

Sweet Child O'Mine (Ron on Bass)

Knocking on Heavens Door

Catcher in the Rye

Edited by reayj2003
  • Like 1

New song released w/ DMC Generation Kill

Hey all,

I've been mixing/producing & laying guitars as the '6th member' of ***DMC GENERATION KILL*** a rap metal collaboration featuring @THEKINGDMC Darryl DMC McDaniels (of @OfficialRunDMC) and @_GenerationKill (w/ members formerly of @ExodusAttack, Pro-Pain & more...)

Today we've released our first song together, a grimy nasty song called ‪#‎LotLizard‬ - it's on @iTunes athttp://itunes.apple.com/album/lot-lizard-feat.-bumblefoot/id976176756 :)

And check out DMC on @ThatMetalShow tonight (Sat Mar14) at 9PM (EDT time...)

Thanks!

Ron

Dark vibes, like the song Time Is Mine, I like it.

Edited by Silent Jay

Never Again is the best song for me so far. Ron always pulls it out of the bag with his closing tracks and this one certainly doesn't disappoint. Pretty obvious that the lyrics on that one are somewhat autobiographical about his time in Guns.

Higher and Argentina are my other favourites so far. Argentina sounds like a true GNR song to me, I don't know if it was ever intended to be one, but it sounds like a hybrid of Catcher and Estranged to me. Fantastic stuff.

I don't know if I would rank it up their with Abnormal and Normal (nothing grabs me as much as Piranha or Shadow), but it's a solid record in its own right and growing on me with every listen.

Any chance he'll do a USA tour?

There is a HUGE chance yes. More info to come ;)

Good news. I caught him on the Guitar Hods tour but he had a short set since it wasn't his own show. I got to meet him so that was a bonus but I'd love to see his solo show on his own. Often he'll play for hours.

Women Rule The World is my favorite track. None of these sounds like GNR tracks at all. They are Bumble through and through. I can see why none of these made it to a GNR session. They don't fit at all.

• Like 1

Women Rule The World is my favorite track. None of these sounds like GNR tracks at all. They are Bumble through and through. I can see why none of these made it to a GNR session. They don't fit at all.

You don't even hear GNR influences in Argentina?

You don't even hear GNR influences in Argentina?

Not at all. I kind of could see where he was coming for when he was playing the rough versions in a few videos, but the finished version is about as Bumble as it gets. A few parts of WRTW sound like they could fit in on CD (the chorus and breakdowns), but nothing else on the album sounds like it would fit in at a GNR show. Very traditional Bumble chords and progressions. None of his melodies sound like anything Axl would sing.

I just bought the album today, didn't want to buy it earlier and judge it unfairly with all the bullshit gnr stuff. Glad I waited, listened to it through and it's pretty solid all the way through. I'll need a few more play throughs but so far my favourites are Sleepwalking, Eternity, Livin' the dream, Little brother is watching and Argentina. Only weak one might be Cuterebra, but even that had some really cool Beatles-ish vibes. Loving the Queen influences throughout the album. I was just thinking how he doesn't really mention Queen when asked for his influences but his melodic soloing is very much inspired by Brian May, and the harmonies. He has acknowledged Queens influence and I know he loves them... who doesn't!!

So far, so good! I wasn't at all impressed by the snippets released on youtube and I thought the mix was shoddy but I'm glad to say my first impressions were incorrect. The mix is great, probably the best of all his albums (well the one's I've listened too at least).

The only other GnR thing I'll say in connection with this release is that Axl should kick himself for letting some of these songs end up on a solo record. If GnR released some of this stuff (with some amendments to make it more GNR) I can only imagine people digging it.

Hope the album does well and that he does a extensive tour, I'd love to see him again and actually get to hear Bumblefoot songs... not just GnR songs, and everything else under the sun.