[Bumblefoot] Little Brother Is Watching

Silent Jay

A bit shitty,but who cares,he is doing his hobby not for selling records.How many people would give attention to hear even a song from bbf albums if he wasn't

guitarist of a popular band like GNR.

All of the people that listened to his albums before he was a guitarist in GN'R. "They" say that there's no such thing as a stupid question. You just proved "them" wrong. Edited by Damn_Smooth
  • Like 1

A bit shitty,but who cares,he is doing his hobby not for selling records.How many people would give attention to hear even a song from bbf albums if he wasn't

guitarist of a popular band like GNR.

Which is part of the reason why he hasn't announced he's not in GNR anymore I believe. He can still market it with "The lead guitarist for GNR" stickers all over the album and his flyers when he does a few shows. Being the guy in GNR gives him a lot more chance to be given a platform to market his god awful album. If he's not in GNR anymore a lot of rock websites etc won't pretend to care about the new album as much. Outright revealing his hand that he's not in GNR anymore does nothing to benefit him.

A lot of things that show random takes of sporadic vocals seem to suck, the whole package will be at least decent I'm sure, his songs sound good generally, I plan to check out more albums of his. I prefer it to Ashba's stuff, Bucket's ranges from weird to incredible, Finck only really has NIN contributions but I hear he is releasing a record, some of Slash's songs are good but I don't listen much to them.

BBF trips me out.

He sings, and plays guitar phenomenally well. If we asked him to perform some complex, Rachmaninov piece in 6/16 at double the speed and to sing the lyrics to "Wrecking Ball" in a high register, whilst his guitar was on fire, and a pool of piranhas was suspended over his head -- he would pull it off. No problem.

But the dude's original output just friggin' sucks.

Am I the only one who finds it hard to listen to his solo stuff?

No. I dig his solo stuff, but like everything else in this life, everyone relate to different things. Music is just a reflection of the person that's making it (if it's honest, and even if it's dishonest, it's kinda hard to hide your true nature as a musician)

And just like you can't relate to every person you meet, you can't relate to every song, album or output of a musician you come across. If it's sucks to you, that's all that matters, if you like it, that's all that really matters as well.

• 2 weeks later...