[Bumblefoot] Little Brother Is Watching

Silent Jay

A bit shitty,but who cares,he is doing his hobby not for selling records.How many people would give attention to hear even a song from bbf albums if he wasn't

guitarist of a popular band like GNR.

Which is part of the reason why he hasn't announced he's not in GNR anymore I believe. He can still market it with "The lead guitarist for GNR" stickers all over the album and his flyers when he does a few shows. Being the guy in GNR gives him a lot more chance to be given a platform to market his god awful album. If he's not in GNR anymore a lot of rock websites etc won't pretend to care about the new album as much. Outright revealing his hand that he's not in GNR anymore does nothing to benefit him.

While I agree with most of what you said, I don't agree that's it's a "god awful album", I 'm sure there'll be a few great songs and a few that I'll skip, I prefer when he plays the rockier stuff and then goes off on his bizarre solo's... not much of a fan of the rock/pop-punk vibe that some of his stuff has.

Discouraging if it is true that he's gone and he won't announce it because he doesn't believe enough people would be interested in his work knowing the whole story. Facts are, if he is gone and announces it before the release he has only one more bargaining chip, he can then do interviews and reveal all the secrets / say there's songs on the record about his time in the band when everything was going down the drain... all of this will create publicity for him off the back of GnR... I understand why someone would do that, but I think it's the lowest way to create a buzz, I have more respect for people that seek out paparazzi to get their photo taken than for someone to actively sell someone else down the drain for his/her own personal benefit. Leave the band with the same dignity he came in with would be my preference, people will like to work with him, GnR has done wonders for his public profile, he is no longer underground... if he goes around bad mouthing, sure he gets 5 minutes in the spotlight but his name is sort of blacklisted, I wouldn't want to work with someone who turns on you as soon as the work relationship ends.

Now! I'm not saying Bumble would do any of that, but if he did, it would be more than a bit disappointing.

I can see why Axl wouldnt be interested in what he brought in.

Then why have him in the band?

To play BH parts? Axl and Ron never wrote anything together. He's obviously a touring musician.

But if you think that little of him, or DJ for that matter, doesn't it undercut your credibility that you are a legit band?

I think its safe to say that after 8 years in the band that they would have written SOMETHING together if Axl was truly interested in his writing abilities.

Its either that, or Axl has no interest in any new ideas until he puts out the rest of whats already been written. And who knows when thatll happen.

But if this is the music that Ron brought to Axl to want to work on, then i can see why he passed.

• Like 1

Regardless of what DJ says, he was hired to replace Finck on stage. Axl allowed him to come up with his own solo and that's it. They haven't written a single note of a song together. He IS a touring musician. Fuck, GNR is not even his main project, Sixx AM is. (not complaining)

Regardless of what DJ says, he was hired to replace Finck on stage. Axl allowed him to come up with his own solo and that's it. They haven't written a single note of a song together. He IS a touring musician. Fuck, GNR is not even his main project, Sixx AM is. (not complaining)

But it seems DJ is not at the same situation Bumble is. Axl asked DJ to record a studio version of Ballad Of Death. Now, DJ says (lmao) that he wrote 12 songs that Axl liked. Bumble efforts are getting rejected and he's 8 years in the band. DJ is in Guns since 2009 and doesn't have anything to show for, but at least there is ginger interest.

Edited by Rovim

Bumble recorded Better acoustic, didn't he? How do you know Axl asked DJ to record Ballad of Deaf? He could have done it by himself in his studio....

I know, cause DJ talked about it and said Axl asked him to do it. Better acoustic lol.

Axl very clearly responds to ass-kissing and simpering and sucking up. Look at his entourage: Team Brazil, Del, Dizzy, Tommy, all of the hired hands.

Not a single one of those people would ever say anything critical to Axl; they kiss his ass to such an extreme degree that it's cartoonish.

That's why DJ is his number one bitch: DJ can kiss ass and suck on Axl's nuts and tell Axl how great he is, how funny he is, etc etc. DJ excels at ass kissing. And Axl loves that.