U2 'Songs of Innocence' Album // iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour 2015 Discussion

Black Sabbath

From everything I've heard Bono is a pretty awesome guy in real life. Great to his fans too. That South Park episode is pretty fucking funny though haha

Edited by Bono

For the collectors :P

Song for Someone is apparently the next single to be released from Songs of Innocence, surprised California is being neglected with all the potential it has to top the charts

Song for Someone is apparently the next single to be released from Songs of Innocence, surprised California is being neglected with all the potential it has to top the charts

Yeah. They've become so out of touch when it comes which singles to release. They blew it on NLOTH by releasing Get On Your Boots as the lead single. It clearly should've been Magnificent, followed by Breathe and then Moment of Surrender. With Songs of Innocence, California should've been the no brainer lead single followed by the album version of Every Breaking Wave and then maybe either The Miracle(of Joey Ramone) or Volcano. For a band that wants to compete on today's radio they sure are clueless when it comes to picking radio singles. I mean seriously this slow version of Every Breaking Wave is nice and I get this is how they're going to perform it in concert but it sucks for radio. It's too slow. The album version would've been great on radio.

Edited by Bono

Bono and JImmy Fallon riding bikes in NYC today. Guess rehearsals are taking a bit of a break this week. I bet they do some sort of skit mocking Bono's bike accident

11204991_10155574546350397_8449757292271

Edited by Bono
  • Like 1

Yeah. They've become so out of touch when it comes which singles to release. They blew it on NLOTH by releasing Get On Your Boots as the lead single. It clearly should've been Magnificent, followed by Breathe and then Moment of Surrender. With Songs of Innocence, California should've been the no brainer lead single followed by the album version of Every Breaking Wave and then maybe either The Miracle(of Joey Ramone) or Volcano. For a band that wants to compete on today's radio they sure are clueless when it comes to picking radio singles. I mean seriously this slow version of Every Breaking Wave is nice and I get this is how they're going to perform it in concert but it sucks for radio. It's too slow. The album version would've been great on radio.

I really think Every Breaking Wave should have been the main single. Its got great melodies, is anthemic, good lyrics and music, etc

I really think Every Breaking Wave should have been the main single. Its got great melodies, is anthemic, good lyrics and music, etc

It would've worked I agree but not the radio edit. Way too slow. It's a snooze fest for radio. The album version would've worked good. The last two albums they release a lead single that sounds not so U2ish in order to convince fans and themselves that they are remaining fresh and relevant. Seriously just do what you do best and release a U2 song as a lead single. It doesn't have to be somthing different.

It would've worked I agree but not the radio edit. Way too slow. It's a snooze fest for radio. The album version would've worked good. The last two albums they release a lead single that sounds not so U2ish in order to convince fans and themselves that they are remaining fresh and relevant. Seriously just do what you do best and release a U2 song as a lead single. It doesn't have to be somthing different.

I meant the album version

I agree, the album version of Every Breaking Wave would be MUCH better as a radio single than the acoustic session version

Seems like U2 wants to give the impression and fit in with artists like Coldplay and Sam Smith with soft poppy tracks, rather than flesh out their rock songs to the radio

Skits, games, interview and probably multiple performances. This is their last big chance to announce they are going on tour. It'll be all U2 on the show Friday. Awesome.

I don't know for sure BUT tonight as well as Friday night might be a good night to watch Jimmy Fallon.

What is your all-time favorite U2 album and your least favorite U2 album?

Achtung Baby!

October

I feel the same way Black Sabbath does

Favourite - Achtung Baby

Least Favourite - October

Favorite: Achtung Baby (runner-ups: War, Songs of Innocence, Zooropa)

Least favorite: No Line on the Horizon (runner-up: October)

I liked more songs on October than NLotH :lol: the collection of live tracks on the 2-disc version is nice also

Favorite: Achtung Baby (runner-ups: War, Songs of Innocence, Zooropa)

Least favorite: No Line on the Horizon (runner-up: October)

I liked more songs on October than NLotH :lol: the collection of live tracks on the 2-disc version is nice also

There are some good songs on October. I thik it's just the album that flows the least. It's really hard to rank their albums for me after Achtung Baby. Joshua Tree, Songs of Innocence, Rattle and Hum, Boy, Zooropa could out rank eacvh other on any day depending on my mood I guess. SOI has easily had way more staying power than any album they released this cenrtury. I tried ranking them last night and SOI I cold make an argument for being teir 2nd best album all the way to their 4th best. If SOI scraped Cedarwood Road and Raised by Wolves and replaced them with Invisible and Crystal ballroom I think it becomes their second best album no doubt. Achtung though is the undisputed champ for sure. No Line On the Horizon is close to being great too but it's got 2 or 3 duds that knock it down a few pegs.

Fallon is a big GNR fan. If Axl were a smart man or active musician (he's neither), I'm sure Fallon would gladly promote the shit out of his band. Cool that U2 is doing it. Please, POP deep cuts on next tour!

They've been rehearsing Playboy Mansion. It will most likley be in the set.

Fallon is a big GNR fan. If Axl were a smart man or active musician (he's neither), I'm sure Fallon would gladly promote the shit out of his band. Cool that U2 is doing it. Please, POP deep cuts on next tour!

They've been rehearsing Playboy Mansion. It will most likley be in the set.

Damn, that's a VERY deep cut. Love the song! Let's hope it makes into the set.