U2 'Songs of Innocence' Album // iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour 2015 Discussion

Black Sabbath

It's not shelved. They've talked about it too much. It will come out in 2016. They can't / won't tour again off SOI. I mean they aren't NuGnR :lol:

I like this:

- Bono says. “It’s pathetic it took us 35 years to be the band we’ve always wanted to be. It’s a wild thing to be in it. Our friend, Noel Gallagher, came to a show and said to us, ‘You’re starting with the encore?’”

3 of those people on stage were Canadian. the guy in the turban is from Vancouver and his name is Amp. the big black dude is Mark(U2BROTHER) from Toronto, I've met them both. Mark is cool, Amp is a prick. the girl in the black dress with long hair is my friend Amra. They were all at so many shows(Amra went to 32 this year) so U2 basically flew them all to Paris for that show.

The HBO broadcast last night was fantastic I thought. I got chills during One and having eagles of Death metal come out and take over at the end of U2's set was pure class. Pretty awesome that they were able to edit all that together yesterday because it WAS the show from Monday night in Paris broadcast for us only hours later.

Watching a bit of it now. Man, I can't believe I missed this tour :(

I told you to just go regardless of where your seats were but Nooooooooo :lol::P

I have nothing but praise for the HBO show last night. Don't even know where to start.

I had no reason to like the show. And in that I mean, I was clear (at least to friends) that I didn't like the new U2 album. I thought it was bland, I thought it was vanilla, I thought it was boring. I liked Horizon, I LOVED Atomic Bomb, this was a disappointment to me. Over time, I'd gotten to like the songs better but I just assumed it was cause they sound like U2 and I kept trying so eventually it'll get easier. Needless to say, I wasn't ecstatic to watch the first half with all the new songs, but it was great. The songs KILLED live and the stage show, something I'm not usually one for, was just exceptional. I don't know how else to say it. They destroyed. THATS how you play new songs. The second they went into The Miracle I was hooked. Stayed that way the whole show.

I'm amazed by Bono. I don't know what else to say. The whole band is excellent (my dad pointed out many many times "its 4 fucking guys up there!" to which I added "and all the same ones" which in itself is impressive), but Bono just knows how to do it. I'll never understand why people get on his case so much. The man's a FANTASTIC frontman, which isn't something I'm just discovering (I saw it on the Vertigo tour in the flesh), but is something that was reaffirmed tonight. He just holds that crowd, and I didn't see one moment he faltered. Bono was a little rough?? Sorry, but I heard nothing but great vocals from him all night.

The finale was just brilliant. I had read about it, which kind of ruined a great surprise, but just beautifully beautifully done. I agree, it was pure class and there's no other way to put it. Especially seeing as, taking it one step further, they legitimately don't even say goodbye and hand over their HBO special for god's sake to this band. No one does that. It was completely unselfish and completely awesome. U2 didn't even return to the stage! My only fault was it would have been cool to see Patti Smith there. I read she was there the night before, so I can't for the life of me understand why they wouldn't have had her last night, but I guess I understand if it was to not overshadow Eagles. Still think that the fact they performed her song meant she wouldn't have been totally out of place.

I could go on and on but I won't. Other highlights were One, like you said, which was just chilling to hear them all sing. Seriously, a very special moment. I loved blasting I Will Follow, Bad excellent as always, very rocking elevation, killer Bullet The Blue Sky. And also, bravo to the film crew. Not only did it look insanely incredible, but it was edited beautifully in what could have only been a matter of hours. A great performance, but seriously one of the better filmed concerts I've seen in awhile, only made more impressive that it was a day of. But yeah, an excellent show that should really garner them more praise than it probably will. I know its fashionable to shit on U2 (the whole free album thing, Bono's accident) but they pulled this off in spades and showed (not that they had to) why they are still one of the biggest bands. Bravo guys, I really didn't expect to enjoy it that much. Can't think of one negative, and thats rare for U2. They took a chance and it paid off big time.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

For those that play Rock Band 4, eight more U2 tracks are coming to the game alongside I Will Follow and Cedarwood Road already in the game..

>Sunday Bloody Sunday

>Pride (In the Name of Love)

>Where the Streets Have No Name

>Desire

>One

>Vertigo

>The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)

>California (There is No End to Love)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
20 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Any word on SOE or a tour?

From what I hear, the general consensus is that it might be out around November of this year. There's the smallest of chances they announce a tour for September/October, but that if its not announced by April (again, for some reason, just going off what I hear) that there probably won't be a tour till 2017.

Adam Clayton claims the album isn't finished yet and they are currently in the studio. So what its looking like is an album late 2016 and a tour in early 2017. I believe fans are also hearing its looking like arenas, and not stadiums which was what many assumed would be this next run of shows. Although obviously with so much time thats subject to change.

Edited by gunsfanoldie

On 3/9/2016 at 0:32 PM, ZoSoRose said:

Im just surprised I+E ended, I thought for sure there would have been a "second half" of the tour this summer

I agree with you, although I understand it from the view that if they aren't waiting like 4 years in between a record this time it makes sense they went lighter this time around. You can't really get a more perfect "ending" than that Paris concert, and it makes sense to me to take a little break before going at it again with Songs Of Experience.

Doing another round of arenas or stadiums this summer, and THEN doing a new album at the end of the year and MORE touring next year would have been a bit of overkill. IMO so would rushing this record out now and doing more immediate touring. I like the idea of do a little, take a break, come back with more new material and do some more. Balances out demand and it keeps them in the public eye more often than going insane for two years then totally disappearing.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...