U2 'Songs of Innocence' Album // iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour 2015 Discussion

Black Sabbath

Wow! I LOVE Song for Someone. the bass line in Volcano is pretty cool.

Say what you want though but they just delivered their music to over 500 million people. Will all 500 million download it? No but even if 20 million download it that's pretty cool. If they wanted people to hear the album, people are going to hear it now that's for sure.

I'm not even sure people with itunes have a choice. It just appears in your library.

Yeah. Every single itunes account got it for free. they just got click it to play it.

I don't see anything wrong with what they did. Not a thing. Oh, they released through Apple? Well, if it weren't for sponsors, very few acts would do a tour these days. It's not like they sold out or something. It's music business in 2014. The physical copy will be released as well. People like to hate on U2. I dislike Bono's antics as much as anyone else. But I only care about the music. If the songs are shit then I'll bash them for taking so long to release another crappy record (their last good one was Pop, which I consider a masterpiece).

I'm over it. I was under the impression you had to buy something from Apple first.

the album sounds pretty cool so far. Mellow but good. Song for Someone might be a new U2 classic. I've heard four songs and already it's better than No Line On the Horizon in my opinion.

I agree and I can't stand Bono*

*I don't like the public persona. I've heard many a story from people that met him that he's actually a sound guy in person.

• Like 1

This album won't get the attention of Joshua Tree or Achtung Baby because of the era we are in but this albums is Fantastic!! It's a top 3 album for them I think. I don't wanna get carried away but Seriously I've never heard a new U2 album that I thought kicked ass on the first listen. Aside from a few songs their albums usually have to grow on me. This one I love already. Its so good and I've only heard 6 of the songs so far.

Adam Clayton getting some love. Slappin da bass!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaDxYRPUex8&index=4&list=PLmEgYPO82ploXpqFg38suJffirJAMGaTH

This is my guess for the first single

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l82mh021Kq0&list=PLmEgYPO82ploXpqFg38suJffirJAMGaTH&index=3

This is their new classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeGXQuvz0v4&index=1&list=PLmEgYPO82ploXpqFg38suJffirJAMGaTH

Very excited to listen to it fully and with good speakers when I get home.

Top 3? That's a big claim!

Reading very good things about it though, so can't wait.

I know it's a big claim but the songs sound so fresh but sound so timeless all at once. These songs take me places already. Bono's voice is unreal, The Edge is doing his thing but it's not cliche Edge ya know. I just hope the next few songs are as good as the first 6 I've heard. I've genuinely never felt this way about a U2 album on first listen. It's pretty exciting for me actually. Usually I'm like meh I'll have to give it another listen or two.

Here's a statement Bono released to fans today. U2 just hit a Grand Slam and scored a touchdown at the same time!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Hello, bonjour, ciao, hola, hallo, zdravo, dobar dan, Dia duit, hæ, hej,hei, cześć, olá, ćao, namaste, sawatdee, jambo, pozdravi, Γεια σου, привіт, שלום, مرحبا, こんにちは, , سلام, 你好, Привет….

Remember us? Pleased to announce myself, Edge, Adam and Larry have finally given birth to our new baby… Songs of Innocence. It’s been a while. We wanted to get it right for you/us. We just finished it last week and thanks to Apple and iTunes it’s with you today. That’s already amazing to me as it normally takes a few months to turn this stuff around.

Part of the DNA of this band has always been the desire to get our music to as many people as possible. In the next 24 hours, over a half a billion people are going to have Songs of Innocence… should they choose to check it out. That is so exciting. People who haven’t heard our music, or weren’t remotely interested, might play us for the first time because we’re in their library. Country fans, hip hop afficionados from east LA, electro poppers from Seoul, Bhangra fans from New Delhi, Highlifers in Accra… might JUST be tempted to check us out, even for a moment. What a mind blowing, head scratching, 21st century situation. Over 500 million people… that’s a billion ears. And for the people out there who have no interest in checking us out, look at it this way… the blood, sweat and tears of some Irish guys are in your junk mail.

You’ll have noticed the album is free to U2.com’ers from the band. It’s also free to everyone on iTunes thanks to Apple. To celebrate the ten year anniversary of our iPod commercial, they bought it as a gift to give to all their music customers. Free, but paid for. Because if no-one's paying anything for it, we’re not sure “free” music is really that free. It usually comes at a cost to the art form and the artist… which has big implications, not for us in U2, but for future musicians and their music... all the songs that have yet to be written by the talents of the future… who need to make a living to write them.

We’re collaborating with Apple on some cool stuff over the next couple of years, innovations that will transform the way music is listened to and viewed. We’ll keep you posted. If you like Songs of Innocence, stay with us for Songs of Experience. It should be ready soon enough… although I know I’ve said that before…

I hope after listening to our new long player a few times, you’ll understand why it took so long. We really went there… it’s a very, very personal album. Apologies if that gets excruciating… actually, I take that back. No apologies if it gets excruciating. What’s the point in being in U2 if you can’t go there?

There is no end to LOVE.'

BONO

Edited by Bono
  • Like 1

Wait what th fuck? There's a new U2 album?

Haha that is exactly what I thought when I logged into facebook today and had notifications from friends freaking out for me because I had posted or commented anything. I didn't even know. Nobody knew this was happening today. Rumors were maybe October, probably November but there was no single, no release date, nothing. Then today there's an album.

Here's a mini sample. This was the video they used to announce the release

I'm listening to Batman soundtracks right now.

Is this shit any good? I've never listened to a U2 album in full before but if ITunes is spamming me with it maybe I'll give it a shot.

You'd probably like Pop a lot. And Actung Baby.

I still hope U2 release their own version of "Boy Falls From The Sky".

Do you remember the songGlastonbury? You can hear the riff to that song in Volcano.

Edited by Bono