U2 'Songs of Innocence' Album // iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour 2015 Discussion

Black Sabbath

I remember the Vertigo iPod ad.

Yet still no comment on the Foxcomm suicides. Whatever I like their tunes just dont buy Bono as a rock star, he's kind of like the Dylan Cash of stadium rock. He just doesn't have the mystique or spirit.

Cuz he's a fuckin' wanker pulling blags off of charities and his musics a load of bollocks.

Yet still no comment on the Foxcomm suicides. Whatever I like their tunes just dont buy Bono as a rock star, he's kind of like the Dylan Cash of stadium rock. He just doesn't have the mystique or spirit.

Cuz he's a fuckin' wanker pulling blags off of charities and his musics a load of bollocks.
I'm just open minded I guess. Charities are way dodgy. Bono is the Sepp Blatter of rock. Truly. I want to put 21st century in there but gin is a strange mistress.

I'm just open minded I guess. Charities are way dodgy. Bono is the Sepp Blatter of rock. Truly. I want to put 21st century in there but gin is a strange mistress.

What i don't get is, every single fuckin' like...cool person there's a documentary on, he's in there going 'yeah yeah, HUGE influence', makes you think he must've missed a trick somewhere cuz how can someone like and be influenced by so much good stuff...and then be so fuckin' biege and shite.

Bono's had quite a reach when it comes to activism over his career, since he did some mission work overseas in the mid-80's that changed his perspective on things; lately he's all about the Red campaign though, I think he's put for the most part a stop to visiting world leaders and fronting rallies to focus more on the band in this decade

What i don't get is, every single fuckin' like...cool person there's a documentary on, he's in there going 'yeah yeah, HUGE influence', makes you think he must've missed a trick somewhere cuz how can someone like and be influenced by so much good stuff...and then be so fuckin' biege and shite.
It's stadium rock. They think they are Led Zeppelin. They are the most deluded band ever. It spurs them on to...I can't go on. I'm biased. It's a conspiracy. Illuminati, Scientology, Rainbow.

Yup. Deluded, beige, bland, shite, fucking bollocks, awful, horrible music with a frontman who sucks and can't command an audience whatsoever and anyone who likes them is a mentally retarded sheep. Got it. I wish I was as intelligent as you guys. I iwsh my mind was capable of recognizing when something was shit so I didn't waste my time listening to this garbage. Oh well. Guess I'll have to continue being ignorant to wha's truly great and be content with listening to subpar music. In the mean time I think I'll go find a thread dedicated to a band I think is shit and waste my time talking about them like a complete and total fucking moron. Thanks for showing me and the rest of U2 fans the light.

** Oh you guys forgot totally faggy with no artistic integrity whatsoever. Just GAY music

Edited by Bono

Yeah, honestly guys, can we stop? There's a difference between coming into threads and sharing your opinion and discussing something, but what happens far too often is stuff like this. We get it, Len, ya don't like em. Bugger off will ya!

That's the whole thing. What kind of loser wastes their time going into a thread dedicated to a topic they don't even remotely like other than to t r oll and be a cunt. I don't get it. It's not even expressing an opinion it's just a pathetic attempt to get reactions and act cool.

I love this performance. Lemon is probably my fav U2 song ever.

It's an awesome performance. The whole Macphisto character was fantastic. I wish they'd bring back Lemon to the live set. I'm not sure Bono can hit those high notes consistently throughout the song these days though.

Yeah, honestly guys, can we stop? There's a difference between coming into threads and sharing your opinion and discussing something, but what happens far too often is stuff like this. We get it, Len, ya don't like em. Bugger off will ya!

That's the whole thing. What kind of loser wastes their time going into a thread dedicated to a topic they don't even remotely like other than to t r oll and be a cunt. I don't get it. It's not even expressing an opinion it's just a pathetic attempt to get reactions and act cool.
I think what he is missing that they are a stadium band, so they are communicating on huge scale. They have this Spirtuality but it might not seem sincere on such a huge scale but they have roots as a real band and are influenced, well Bono explains his connection to spiritual religious music in his book, Cash, Dylan. But by deluded I just mean they talk a good game, they know their place in rock history but actually they are pop rock stadium band. So when they name drop Zeppelin for their live shows or Joey Ramone it's hard to see what U2 has to do with those names, but they were once a post punk band if not inspired by punk in the first place a long time ago.

I think what he is missing that they are a stadium band, so they are communicating on huge scale. They have this Spirtuality but it might not seem sincere on such a huge scale but they have roots as a real band and are influenced, well Bono explains his connection to spiritual religious music in his book, Cash, Dylan. But by deluded I just mean they talk a good game, they know their place in rock history but actually they are pop rock stadium band. So when they name drop Zeppelin for their live shows or Joey Ramone it's hard to see what U2 has to do with those names, but they were once a post punk band if not inspired by punk in the first place a long time ago.

Ramones were one of the band's biggest influences when they were starting out; if I remember correctly, they were able to secure a recording deal for Boy by playing a Ramones song to the exec then claiming it was theirs :lol:

Joey Ramone was listening to U2's song In a Little While when he died also, maybe that became the inspiration for The Miracle

Edited by Gackt

Ramones were one of the band's biggest influences when they were starting out; if I remember correctly, they were able to secure a recording deal for Boy by playing a Ramones song to the exec then claiming it was theirs :lol:

Joey Ramone was listening to U2's song In a Little While when he died also, maybe that became the inspiration for The Miracle

Read something Bono was saying about Joey, something about the discovery of his vocal voice. The miracle so to speak.

But I don't think many people know about U2 roots, they just see a big pop rock band that throws around references to legends. To some it's like Bieber talking about Zeppelin. Depends on what you think of U2.

Personally I think they are a really important band in rock history. From the early albums to Joshua Tree and the Achtung Baby era and the subsequent rotations I think they do have the right to line up alongside Zepp and The Beatles or at least to compare their careers. They are that big.

It's an awesome performance. The whole Macphisto character was fantastic. I wish they'd bring back Lemon to the live set. I'm not sure Bono can hit those high notes consistently throughout the song these days though.

Macphisto, how original. Unless you've seen the movie Candy of course :lol:

Read something Bono was saying about Joey, something about the discovery of his vocal voice. The miracle so to speak.

But I don't think many people know about U2 roots, they just see a big pop rock band that throws around references to legends. To some it's like Bieber talking about Zeppelin. Depends on what you think of U2.

Personally I think they are a really important band in rock history. From the early albums to Joshua Tree and the Achtung Baby era and the subsequent rotations I think they do have the right to line up alongside Zepp and The Beatles or at least to compare their careers. They are that big.

They were just a bunch of Normans that came out the tailend of the punk movement that everyone took the piss out of that made it in the abject money machine that was the 80s pop world.

They were just a bunch of Normans that came out the tailend of the punk movement that everyone took the piss out of that made it in the abject money machine that was the 80s pop world.

You are so ignorant and clueless it's not even funny. You think you're the gospel though which is odd.

You are so ignorant and clueless it's not even funny. You think you're the gospel though which is odd.

Yes yes, I'm ignorant, thank you. I think I'm the gospel? Uh, which one? 'you are ignorant, you think you're the gospel'. Right :lol: Can we not just stay on topic?

Edited by Len B'stard

It depends if you like them I guess. But to them those are the experiences they had or bands they like so why wouldn't they turn up on documentaries and talk bollocks about them?

Every band kind of has its own universe.

When you don't like a band you step outside the bubble and then they look a bit silly.

Like the Manics. Every interview they talk about themselves and their record in relation to classic bands like The Clash, Public Enemy, GNR, Nirvana etc. But most people are probably thinking wait you're pretty shit you're not The Clash or Nirvana. But they probably have discography as strong as any band so they kind of believe their own hype.

The game is to be sold not to be told.

In terms of how big they are.

That's how people treat them especially in the US.

They probably are the biggest band of the generation.

So they compare themselves or get compared to The Beatles and Zeppelin.

Bono is about as close to a Lennon like figure from the 90s era.

In terms of how big they are.

That's how people treat them especially in the US.

They probably are the biggest band of the generation.

So they compare themselves or get compared to The Beatles and Zeppelin.

Bono is about as close to a Lennon like figure from the 90s era.

1) They're nowhere near as big as The Beatles, i don't see any U2 mania here.

2) Biggest band of the generation? Maybe

3) People get compared to all kinds of shit and when a particularly poor generation exists then you will get underlings being compared with titans, kinda like people mentioning Floyd Mayweather in the same breath as Ali, it's a joke but it's also the best comparison there.

4) I'm gonna find where you live and burn your house down for that last comment, thats the first time I've ever heard that comparison and if i ever do again there's a good chance i might poke my head up my own arse and disappear inside myself entirely.

I don't really like U2 or Bono much but everything I said is true.

Bono is the Lennon of the 90s.

The 90s were big for rock music and U2 were the biggest band probably still are.

I feel like Guns could've given them a run for their money but they fucked it up and sort ended up like The Sex Pistols. A one record band with a notorious rep. Kind of cooler really.

But Bono is the guy who the generation en masse flocked too. They have the same mass appeal the Beatles had.

If you are trying to say they are the closest equivalent in terms of mass appeal then...begrudingly I might agree, but thats more a comment on how shit music is nowadays than any parrallel between U2 and The Beatles. It's not anywhere near the same level of mass appeal though, not even vaguely approaching.

And Bono is about as much Lennon as I am. Which is to say, not at fucking all.