U2 'Songs of Innocence' Album // iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour 2015 Discussion

Black Sabbath

It's more the role Lennon was playing, spokesman and activist. Bono took that on, he didn't reject it like Kurt. I'm not saying they have similar personalities or talent.

I'm not sure about the quality of U2's audience. It isn't necessarily a pop culture appeal it's like this religious spirituality thing that if global. That's why I get a bad feeling about them. The Israeli lobby. Bankers. The Pope. IPads. Corruption. So I see U2 as sort of status quo but Bono has this spokesperson activist role but he's not a threat like Lennon. But that's the culture we live in we are lifestyle over substance.

• Like 1

It's more the role Lennon was playing, spokesman and activist. Bono took that on, he didn't reject it like Kurt. I'm not saying they have similar personalities or talent.

I'm not sure about the quality of U2's audience. It isn't necessarily a pop culture appeal it's like this religious spirituality thing that if global. That's why I get a bad feeling about them. The Israeli lobby. Bankers. The Pope. IPads. Corruption. So I see U2 as sort of status quo but Bono has this spokesperson activist role but he's not a threat like Lennon. But that's the culture we live in we are lifestyle over substance.

I could agree with that.

I could agree with that.
It's nice to meet people with common interests.

Checked into the hotel in Montreal. I'm literally about 400 feet from the Bell Centre. Gonna have to swing by in a bit to see if theres any freaks lined up for Friday's show already

U2 aren't anywhere near as big as the Beatles but they do stand along side them as one of the all time greats. In the grand scheme of things The Beatles are pretty much the undisputed champs of everything but U2's music as far as I'm concerned has a lasting appeal just like The Beatles.

I Will Follow

Sunday Bloody Sunday

New Year's Day

Unforgetable Fire

Pride

Bad

Where the Streets Have No Name

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

With or Without You

Desire

One

Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

Mysterious Ways

Beautiful Day

People can hate them all they want but they can't deny their lasting legacy. Are they The Beatles? No, nobody will ever be that but U2 is the biggest band of the last 40 years and their songs do have a timeless quality to them regardless of how hard the naysayers try to convince themselves or others, otherwise. One is my generations version of Imagine really. In terms of humanitariansim Bono walks the walk. He's not perfect but enither was Lennon. Different eras. Had Bono come up in the 60s and 70s he'd have been like Lennon and Lennon had he come up later would've likley been similar to what Bono is today.

Edited by Bono

Couldn't you line up for a bit as well (granted others are lined up already) to at least get your number and/or wristband, then go back Friday?

Also, just my luck, the last 2-3 weeks the prices for GA for the MSG shows have been slowly going up in seems on StubHub. Overall, the 4th and 3rd to last shows look to be my best bets, cost-wise. I'm hoping they coming down in the following weeks. Should have got a pair for each show when they were around $150 each...

Couldn't you line up for a bit as well (granted others are lined up already) to at least get your number and/or wristband, then go back Friday?

Also, just my luck, the last 2-3 weeks the prices for GA for the MSG shows have been slowly going up in seems on StubHub. Overall, the 4th and 3rd to last shows look to be my best bets, cost-wise. I'm hoping they coming down in the following weeks. Should have got a pair for each show when they were around $150 each...

Ugh that sucks. Still more than a month and a half away though so the prices might come down.

I'm gonna swing by the Bell Centre after I have a nap and see what the lineup deal is. Maybe nobody will be there yet but I've heard Montreal fans are a bit insane so who knows and who knows where else people have travelled from. I'm hoping they do the number/wristband system. If the venue does it I imagine it will start though Thursday morning. If it's fan run who knows.

Whitehorse to Montreal is 5578 km. That's easily the furthest I've ever travelled in North America fo a show.

Bono I stop reading this thread but U2 changed the opening music that preceded Miracle and Bono's entrance was miraculous in his delivery-it was tied to the opening music- and it never stopped. Forget set list bro. It's the magic of live show and the transformative power of it. Set list checking on the Internet is vicarious.

Checked into the hotel in Montreal. I'm literally about 400 feet from the Bell Centre. Gonna have to swing by in a bit to see if theres any freaks lined up for Friday's show already

U2 aren't anywhere near as big as the Beatles but they do stand along side them as one of the all time greats. In the grand scheme of things The Beatles are pretty much the undisputed champs of everything but U2's music as far as I'm concerned has a lasting appeal just like The Beatles.

I Will Follow

Sunday Bloody Sunday

New Year's Day

Unforgetable Fire

Pride

Bad

With or Without You

Desire

One

Mysterious Ways

Beautiful Day

People can hate them all they want but they can't deny their lasting legacy. Are they The Beatles? No, nobody will ever be that but U2 is the biggest band of the last 40 years and their songs do have a timeless quality to them regardless of how hard the naysayers try to convince themselves or others, otherwise. One is my generations version of Imagine really. In terms of humanitariansim Bono walks the walk. He's not perfect but enither was Lennon. Different eras. Had Bono come up in the 60s and 70s he'd have been like Lennon and Lennon had he come up later would've likley been similar to what Bono is today.

I think U2 have a similar appeal to the Beatles as in they are nice. When people come over who I don't know and someone says music I realised Stones make you look like a sex pervert, Nirvana is like Hey I'm a heroin addict. But the Beatles and U2 are safe, even musically it's just rock music with decent vocals. It's not overtly provocative or sexual. Whereas Beatles like the final destination of Elvis. U2 are kind of the populist version of the spiritual rock of Dylan or Cash, it's a different side but it's like stadium spirtual experience. There is that religious thing running through rock too, it's just a different.

But yeah U2 18 Singles is a safe bet. They are all pretty timeless songs and that kind of means everyone likes one or two songs.

With or without You is probably as well known as Hey Jude around the world?

I Will Follow

Sunday Bloody Sunday

New Year's Day

Unforgetable Fire

Pride

Bad

With or Without You

Desire

One

Mysterious Ways

Beautiful Day

I think U2 have a similar appeal to the Beatles as in they are nice.

I always found them to be quite narky to be honest. I mean within the framework of their times, they couldn't exactly go 'fuck you, you fuckin' slags, step outside!' :lol: but they rarely answered a straight question, especially Lennon but the rest of em too, Ringo, George, Paul was more the straight answerer out of all of em, they seemed to be pretty consistently taking the mickey. Everyone thinks that people didn't pick up on this at the time, or rather Americans didn't but if you look or listen to a lot of the interviews and radio shows around the Bigger than Jesus controversy thing, in amongst all the 'OMG, BLASPHEMY!' stuff, a lot of those radio DJs and such made mention quite a few times of like 'they come over here with that attitude' and 'they've gotten away more than a few times with being quite flippant in regards to everything and this is just a step too far', so it weren't going over everyones head.

I'm gonna shush now cuz that was pretty off topic.

So I'm #37 in line at the Bell Centre in Montreal. The venue is a mess outside with construction surrounding the entire building basically so the General Admission entrance may have to be moved. Not exactly an ideal situation 24 hours till showtime. I need to head back at 10pm to check in and I think some sort of decision will be made. I hope to god we don't have to lineup all night to hold those positions. I hope we can just come back in the morning at 7am, check in and then leave again till say noon or so and then leave one more time till 3 or 4pm. Seems to have worked that way in other venues so far this tour.

You should be fine. Pretty high up in line! Which part of the rail are you going for?

I honestly wanna be on the e stage rail on the left side if you were looking out from the main stage. If we get that spot on the rail I would put money on Bono pulling the girl Im going with up on stage.

I think technically I was first in line cause I was there last night around midnight looking in the door and nobody else was there :lol:

Yeah the e stage is best I think. You can always look one way for the most part and mid way through the show you get that club kinda vibe with them all playing so close together and so close to you.

But these ideological debates. Paul is a nice chap. Bono is a good guy. And musically it's a nice message. These aren't junkie scumbags like Motely Crüe glamorising heroin and strippers. There's little of those connotations. I know we like that kind of thing but others get offended or turned off by It's So Easy or OIAM. The Beatles or U2 you can play anywhere to anyone other than satanists and punks.

Peace & Love & BMWs.

It seems like people go from excuse-to-excuse when it comes to irrationally hating U2; it goes from Bono's activism to the South Park parody to the most recent reason, U2 apparently invading people's iPhone's :lol:

There's really no point in reasoning with detractors, 90% of the time if you ask if they've ever listened to the band, the answer will be "no, I just hate Bono"

U2's one of the best bands around mostly because they've made it 37 years without any hints of a breakup, hiatus, infighting or signs of stopping. The original guys from beginning to end, pushing out consistently great albums.

• Like 1

So two people never showed up for the 10:00pm check in time. Now We're #35 and #36. Check in time is at 6:00am now.... so 2.5 hours away. I'm a bit drunk but I'll be damned if I miss that check in time. #35 is actually pretty insane considering there will be about 3000 people on the floor. No matter what I'm going t have an unreal spot at tonight's show

• Like 1

Made the check in time haha. Had to wait in line till 8:30 but now back in the hotel. Couple hours on, couple hours off. Gotta be in line permanently at 3:00pm. Not a bad little GA system actually. I don't mind waiting in ine from 3:00pm

Thats some kinda fuckin dedication Bono. I know i give you a hard time here and there but pisstaking aside gotta respect someone into their music that much.

Only ever waited in a line all day was for Paul McCartney, in the snow no less...and I'd never do it again.

Have an amazing time Bono. I saw them in Denver From the floor. It's totally different. Please leave a detailed review and please tell the new music the band comes out to. Bono came from the E-stage to a new song called, I believe, power to the people or something. It was magical. So hopefully he comes out on the E-stage for you, too