U2 'Songs of Innocence' Album // iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour 2015 Discussion

Black Sabbath

Just got back...

Man, this was so spur of the moment lol. Missesd. The first half but made it for the whole second half an encore

Awesome show though, totally worth it

Got a 100 dollar parking ticket, though. Will sauy more tomorrow

So glad I went! I am super broke because of gas and the parking ticket, but I saw U2 again. Didn't think I'd make this tour, so it was a nice spur of the moment surprise. We missed the first set, but the second set was awesome. Volcano, Every Breaking Wave, Bad, Bullet the Blue Sky, etc! Wow! Lot of songs I didn't hear last time I saw them in only a little over than half a concert!

One closing the show was like magic. The whole audience sang the entire song, it was so cool. Great crowd, too.

• Like 1

Just purchased the RS Special Edition on U2, that I guess was released because of the tour and album. In it they rank the 50 greatest U2 songs.

ONE IS NUMBER ONE!!

Seriously?

I actually love the song, but I swear I'm sick of it being considered the best song they ever wrote!! I would put, Streets, God's Country, End Of The World, The Fly, With A Shout, Gloria, Tomorrow, and a host of others above One. Am I the only fan who feels that way.

In fairness it's arguably their most important song as it's the reason the band didn't break up. Also in my opinion the global message of the song kinda makes it the Imagine of my generation. I have no issue with them ranking One as their #1 song. In fact I think it's probably the right chose despite it not being my favourite song by them. I think the only other aprpriate choice could be Where the Streets Have No Name.

My favourite U2 song by the way is Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses.

• Like 3

I didn't know that about One, how it was the track that "repaired the cracks" in the band's foundation..looks like I'll be reading the wikipedia page for it and Achtung Baby in general tonight :lol:

My favorite U2 song is Silver and Gold because it's the track that really got me into U2's music, but after listening to their discography I really can't consider it one of their best altogether..just a personal favorite

They talk about it a lot in the documentary From the Sky Down which is all about the making of Achtung Baby. It's pretty good. They really were going nowhere and thought it might be the end for them then suddenly One came about and everything changed. Oddly I think One came out of Mysterious Ways somehow. It's been a while since I watched it so....

• Like 1

You will. Grab a ticket on stubhub just to be sure. Then wait for a ticket drop and then if you get one sell the one for resae price to make your money back. I did that once for GnR in 2010. Bought average seats, then bought resae amazing seats for a lot more money but then a week before the show sold the original average ones ata slightly inflated price to make back the difference. Worked out good. Maybe I lucked out.

In all honesty after doing GA and lower bowl and the balcony, the best seats in the entire building are on the sides, first balcony, front row if you can get them. If you're along the rail in GA you will not expereince anything whatsoever of the video screen. If I could only go to one show I'd want to be in a seat on the side. Center ice would be great. GA was great fun but I honestly enjoyed the show more the second night in Montreal and I was worried it would eba letdown after being in GA the night earlier

I was in the upper bowl off to an angle, but I made sure I could see the screen. I saw the whole stage show. It'd suck to be on upper-bowl goal sides, though. You essentially don't see anything for half the show!

Edited by ZoSoRose

Just purchased the RS Special Edition on U2, that I guess was released because of the tour and album. In it they rank the 50 greatest U2 songs.

ONE IS NUMBER ONE!!

Seriously?

I actually love the song, but I swear I'm sick of it being considered the best song they ever wrote!! I would put, Streets, God's Country, End Of The World, The Fly, With A Shout, Gloria, Tomorrow, and a host of others above One. Am I the only fan who feels that way.

In fairness it's arguably their most important song as it's the reason the band didn't break up. Also in my opinion the global message of the song kinda makes it the Imagine of my generation. I have no issue with them ranking One as their #1 song. In fact I think it's probably the right chose despite it not being my favourite song by them. I think the only other aprpriate choice could be Where the Streets Have No Name.

My favourite U2 song by the way is Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses.

One deserves the #1 spot. One of the best songs ever written, imo.

A top 5 for U2 is tough. I think mine would be-

1. One

2. One Tree Hill

3. Moment Of Surrender

4. Bad

5. Even Better Than The Real Thing

This is an amazing tour. I can't wait for July 31st. GA baby and there is a sweet spot in the GA that nobody takes, it's the closet to the 1st row of the lower balcony.

Yeah, this tour is awesome! I was skeptical at first because of the set, but I like all the rotations they've made. I was just initally surprised because it didn't feature the radically different sets Bono originally talked about. That being said, its a great tour! Loved the show I got.

Looks like they played The Crystal Ballroom tonight!

In one of the most recent issues of RS, The Edge said that they never have a "set" set list until months into a tour. They just try sh*t out til it works.

Would be convincing if the internet wasn't around to see the setlist has retained about the same exact formula for every date on this tour.. :lol:

Though it is great that certain spots in the setlist are used to flip-flop tracks and play the occasional rarity, I think during their august break from touring they'll re-evaluate the setlist and create something new with the unused tracks from Innocence (This is Where You Can Reach Me Now, Sleep Like a Baby Tonight) and others like Zoo Station, Moment of Surrender, etc

Edited by Gackt

In one of the most recent issues of RS, The Edge said that they never have a "set" set list until months into a tour. They just try sh*t out til it works.

Hahaha it's painfully obvious that is complete and utter BULLSHIT

This is an amazing tour. I can't wait for July 31st. GA baby and there is a sweet spot in the GA that nobody takes, it's the closet to the 1st row of the lower balcony.

I'm not sure I'd call that a sweet spot. Nobody goes there cause it's just a spot that's left after the floor has filled up haha. It's a better view of the screen that's for sure than it is if you're on the rail or stuck in the middle of the crowd but it's just a spot on the floor where you have to stand. I'd prefer to have actual seats if that's where I was for GA. If I'm GA I want the expereince of being really close. Anywhere on the rail is the sweet spot in my opinion and you don't need to line up crazy early to get it. For me the best spot on the floor is the corner of the e stage and the runway on the North Side(Adam's side) of the floor.

Crystal Ballroom made its live debut tonight, now where's Two Hearts? :lol:

My internet is so slow at home lately that I haven't been able to check out any clips of Crystal Ballroom. I'm suprised they played it. I was expecting them to save it for Europe. Two Hearts Beats as One would be way better than Gloria.

Where the fuck is Discotheque!

Edited by Bono