Which Izzy songs you'd like to hear done by the original GNR?

I've been listening to the Izzy solo stuff for the first time and I'm really enjoying it, top notch rock music. I'd love to see GNR do practically his whole material, but mainly I Know, Coke'n, Ain't It A Bitch (this one is already a GNR song lacking Axl and Slash), Gotta Say, Memphis and Here Before You. I can really feel GNR in those songs.

• Like 1

'On Down the Road' and 'Lot to Learn' have the potential to be epic Axl sung rockers, but to be honest I would say, 'none'. The songs are perfect as they are while, it is always going to be interesting to see Slash putting his guitar solos against Izzy's melodies, in Richards, Izzy already has a brilliant guitarist who has provided many great solos. Axl? I couldn't give a fuck about him, while, Taz is probably better than Adler. Also, Duff plays on many of the albums so in a way, you already have 2/5 of GN'R anyhow.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't want anyone else "doing" Izzy's songs. I want the man himself to give enough fucks to fuckin' perform the shit live himself lol. I mean...I'd pay a lot of money for a ticket just because I'd probably get a kick out of it.

You don't need anyone else if he's willing to give a fuck, but he's content with just releasing shit through itunes and doing the occasional Axl Rose show. Izzy is weird.

Edited by Rovim

I can see why Axl gets on with Izzy the most, they're like two halves, Axl's banshee wildfire is definitely in Izzy but a lot dimmer, Izzy's icy easysleeze is in Axl but dimmer than his heat, Izzy now is like the bigger mystery of Axl's howard hughes shoes, it's a perfect unstorm, it ought to be more blustery. Think I'll listen to juju hounds with some beers tonight in honour of this soft revelation :shades:

• 1 year later...

All this thread does is remind me of my ridiculous unfamiliarity (is that a word?) with Izzys solo work. JuJu Hounds & 117 were recently re-issued on vinyl. I should just grab both of them and listen straight through.

Minus ten gnr-nerdpoints for you! I say grab them,ifor they are not bootlegs and redeem yourself. Izzy is a tad easier to keep up with than say,Buckethead.

In concert, we'll be lucky if Izzy does 14 Years and Yesterday's, assuming he's there at all.

• Like 1

All this thread does is remind me of my ridiculous unfamiliarity (is that a word?) with Izzys solo work. JuJu Hounds & 117 were recently re-issued on vinyl. I should just grab both of them and listen straight through.

Minus ten gnr-nerd™points for you! I say grab them,ifor they are not bootlegs and redeem yourself. Izzy is a tad easier to keep up with than say,Buckethead.

In concert, we'll be lucky if Izzy does 14 Years and Yesterday's, assuming he's there at all.

I've never heard Believe In Me by Duff either! People have really mixed things to say about Believe In Me though, so I've never been in any hurry to hear it. The Izzy records generally get very high praise though and I've still never got around to hearing them for some reason.

Minus ten gnr-nerdpoints for you! I say grab them,ifor they are not bootlegs and redeem yourself. Izzy is a tad easier to keep up with than say,Buckethead.

I've never heard Believe In Me by Duff either! People have really mixed things to say about Believe In Me though, so I've never been in any hurry to hear it. The Izzy records generally get very high praise though and I've still never got around to hearing them for some reason.

Blasphemy! I love Believe In Me. I don't dig something because it's GNR related but I'll try and give it a chance due to that fact. I loved Walking Papers but I'm not huge on Loaded. I even try and spin Adler's solo stuff. I'd say "pawn shop guitars" by Gilby seems to win favorite GNR member solo album on the Forums and I'd tend to agree. Edited by Subtle Signs

Gotta Say

Parasite

Memphis (Chuck Berry cover)

117 Degrees

Old Hat

Monkeys

Coke'n

Sweet Caress

Lot to Learn

Bomb (same riff as VR "Do It For the Kids")

Hell Song

Chop Away

Win U Lose

Tijuana (he played it with Adler's Appetite in 2007)

Buildings In the Sky

Seems to Me

Believe in Me is completely unlistenable. Total garbage. I liked his second record, the one which was canned by Geffen.

I agree other than "The Majority" with Lenny Kravitz is a killer song!!

117 Degrees, On Down the Road, and Like A Dog are his best albums. All 3 are great from start to finish. Miami and the JuJu Hounds are pretty solid as well.

Edited by LikeADog93