Poison to tour in 2015?

WFA

:max:

Am I the only one on the forum looking forward to this?

It's hard for me to describe my man. I dig Poison for the most part. I even like their record most people haven't heard of: Crack A Smile.

But when you start a thread about Poison in 2014, you have to expect that most people are gonna a think your either trolling, joking or insane.

Not saying you're any of those things, just trying to explain why many come off as harsh on this subject.

"Crack a Smile" and "Native Tongue" are honestly their two best albums.

Corny and dated hair metal jokes aside, POISON puts on a great show. Not many of their peers are out still doing it in amphitheatres so good for them. My favorite album is Flesh&Blood. They really need to mix up the set. Most likely it's Bret not wanting to switch it up. I saw them in their prime about 20 years ago and then in the early 2000's on the GLAM SLAM METAL JAM. If they wanna sell tix they'll have to add Cinderella, Tesla&a newer band like Black Veil Brides.

:max:

Am I the only one on the forum looking forward to this?

It's hard for me to describe my man. I dig Poison for the most part. I even like their record most people haven't heard of: Crack A Smile.

But when you start a thread about Poison in 2014, you have to expect that most people are gonna a think your either trolling, joking or insane.

Not saying you're any of those things, just trying to explain why many come off as harsh on this subject.

I think Crack A Smile is head and shoulders above the rest of their catalog. Now I know we're talking about Poison to begin with so it's not that hard to top those first couple of LPs but still, that record is great from top to bottom.

• Like 1

Native Tongue holds a special place in my heart because I bought the same day as my very first Guns N' Roses concert in 1993. Listened to the album on the 1 1/2 hour drive to the concert so it's kinda funny every time I hear that album, especially the title track I think of Guns N' Roses even though musically it doesn't resemble GnR at all.

• Like 1

I like Winger. I remember back in the day when people would give them shit because of Stuart wearing their shirt on Beavis and Butthead.

As I stated earlier in this thread, Poison will need other big hair bands like Cinderella to make this a successful tour.

I saw the Poison / Cinderella tour back in...'01, I think? Cinderella smoked Poison offstage. Poison wasn't headlining, they were following.

• Like 1

I just saw Faster Pussycat open for Tom Keifer along with Bulletboys&Gilby Clarke.I can't say I was impressed by FP.I'm just glad someone like Tom Keifer is still playing to decent sized crowds. It's probably been 25 years since Cinderella had a hit but the fans of this genre still come out to support them.

I forgot about Steel Panther. They'd be perfect for a Poison tour.

• Like 1

You know the genre is in a shit state when the fans are so desperate that they take parody bands like Steel Panther and The Darkness seriously.

Sort of a weak argument.

The bands we are talking about had their day in the sun 25 years ago.

Basing the state of a music genre based on what is popular today......that's the route you want to go? So Nicki Minaj, Justin Beiber, Iggy somebody and Miley Cyrus are absolutely huge right now. One Direction has millions of followers. I don't equate current popularity with talent.

Never understood why people feel the need to bash other people's choice of music. If you don't like a band or type of music, why not just never listen to them?

I guess I'm just way more open minded about music than you and your bff Broski and a few others on here. I don't get mad if people don't like the bands I like. I don't like much rap or hip hop music, but I certainly wouldn't go post in EVERY topic about those genres just so I could bash them and their fans. That's a weird mindset that I don't get. I guess constantly insulting other people makes you feel better about yourself or something? :shrugs:

The beautiful thing about music is that there is a TON of it out there, and a TON of different genres and styles and we are all free to listen to whatever we enjoy. And if we don't like something, we don't have to listen to it.

And just because somebody likes different music than you do doesn't mean they have bad taste in music. It means you both like different things. That's just silly.

• Like 1

Poison has literally been doing the same show since 91. I used to go just to have fun but I got board with it eventually.

My favorite line from Bret is when he says they added "Ride The Wind" back into the setlist because the fans demanded it! As if it was taken out of the set to begin with. I think playing a 70 minute set as the headliner is laughable but then again I'm spoiled by seeing three hour shows from my favorite bands, Gn'R, Green Day and Pearl Jam.

Poison could at least throw So Tell Me Why in the set. That was a semi-hit or so I think. It's been 25 years so I could be wrong.

Edited by xGNRxSTARx
  • Like 1

I just saw Faster Pussycat open for Tom Keifer along with Bulletboys&Gilby Clarke.I can't say I was impressed by FP.I'm just glad someone like Tom Keifer is still playing to decent sized crowds. It's probably been 25 years since Cinderella had a hit but the fans of this genre still come out to support them.

Most FP fans don't like FP because Taime went industrial rock. I dig both sounds, Brent Muscat era and Ace Johnson era.

At this point, Poison would be opening for Steel Panther.

• Like 1