How have your musical tastes changed over the years?

The Real McCoy

Like almost every young girl then, I started out with Madonna, Wham, George Michael etc. Just regular pop music. Then there was this revival of sixties music and I started listening a lot to the Beatles, Kinks, the Doors, and the music of the tv series Tour of Duty. I was 15 when I became a huge GNR fan. Mainly listened to GNR, Metallica, FNM, RHCP, Nirvana... back then. I went clubbing a lot in the 00s. So I developed a totally different taste in music. Much easier partying with Daft Punk, Groove Armada, Roger Sanchez, Moloko, David Guetta, Faithless, Arsenal... than with rock imo. Now I just like a bit of everything, depending on what mood I'm in. But GNR will always be special to me :heart:

• Like 1

Some. Some bands I liked in the early 2000's like Godsmack and Linkin Park and Disturbed, I didn't like anymore of their latest albums.

but then again, I still like a lot of the songs I did as a kid and teen and most of the bands from the 80's I still love to listen to or even see in concert.

Don't like the so called new rock like Seether or Shinedown.

Still love GNR and A7X. They seem to get better and their older albums still rock.

I started off with GNR in 2004, but by the time I was in high school I discovered the grunge era, and loved AIC, Soundgarden, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, etc. After that I got turned onto heavy/progressive metal, so it changed to stuff like In Flames, Between the Buried and Me, Dillinger Escape Plan,and others. Started getting into rap around that time too, though not nearly as much. Now I listen to pretty much anything I find interesting, like post rock, electronic, metal, ambient, J-rock, whatever. Though I still tend to stick to singular artists than blindly love entire genres, I prefer an artist who does what they do really well to having a few songs here and there from dozens of different artists.

I started off liking "classic rock", stuff like Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, etc, then got into GN'R. That led me to Metal like Metallica and Korn. Then as I got further into high school I discovered the emo pop punk like Fall Out Boy. I was still into classic rock and metal and started listening to more radio metal like Disturbed and also started listening to death metal. Then I got into post-hardcore which led me to metalcore and the such. I am not a huge fan of the Fall Out Boy stuff anymore, still enjoy classic rock, death metal and the such and also enjoy metalcore/deathcore.

basically started with classic rock/hard rock and metal growing up as a kid. i then snuck into my older brothers room when he was gone with his mother and started listening to metallica, megadeth,iron maiden,mercyful fate and venom. in high school i started to get more into death metal and black metal. in the last decade or so i really got into ambient/atmospheric stuff as well as neofolk.

Edited by bran

I don't think it has, to be honest i could spend the rest of my life just exploring the stuff i like already like old time rock n roll, blues, jazz, soul, reggae, punk (the real stuff, not the pretend bollocks around today), in fact I could probably pick just one of those and spend my life just exploring it. Tons of others i like too. I've always thought that, in time, in terms of genres, there's something (and possibly many things) to each genre that I could come to appreciate...and that appears to be whats been happening throughout my life with music.

I have started seeing some aspects of heavy rock (or hard rock, metal - whatever you want to call it), unbelievable naff. When I see people with Metallica tops and barnets, they look like prats - you know, the de rigueur uniform of black band t-shirt, washed out jeans, tattoos and dead poodle.